Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Aug 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #271 of 1,858

was travelling home earlier playing this absolute gem by the Neville Brothers from their 'live at Tipitina's' album on my Hugo/ZX1 combo ... the track is called 'Doo Wop Medley' featuring sublime singing by Aaron Neville and shows off his immense vocal range, highly recommended.... a Monday treat for y'all, enjoy...
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #272 of 1,858
[@]hykhleif[/@] understand your dilemma and I probably also won't want to sell them on the cheap if I were you. For your listed budget of $300, maybe another alternative is to get sth like an HD25 or T51p - closed back portable headphones with big bass and good transparency that pairs mighty well with Hugo. Keep the LCD2 if you can't find a good deal on the sale and I know from experience our taste/preference would change with time and experience and maybe soon you will rediscover it's merit. The HD25/T51P would still be useful for noisy situation or when you need portable cans.

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #275 of 1,858
You guys must be patient, I still use the ipod nano for out doors. How do you guys operate a Hugo on the busy bus?
For me, I strap the FiiO X5 to the Hugo's back, and place in my jacket pocket, I can then access the player from the front, and the volume from the back - all a bit incognito, to stop those questioning glances that I'm pretty sure I'd get if I got it out whilst on the bus...

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #276 of 1,858
You guys must be patient, I still use the ipod nano for out doors. How do you guys operate a Hugo on the busy bus?

With the AK as transport I use their bluetooth remote control to change tracks to avoid having to take the stack out. I just wish iriver can develop a iOS/android app to allow remote control with our phones.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #277 of 1,858
I use my iphone 5 with camera adaptor. The phone is transport and works fine. I just set volume and leave it.
The volume and eq even work with onkyo hf app. As long as it's pcm. Very happy with it .
The color lights are very useful once you know what they mean. Especially the color volume wheel. Also any cable I have tried works fine as well.
Al

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #278 of 1,858
Ok guy. M8 is warm of neutral. Not the best for a DAC like Hugo. It will take some if the mojo away from the Hugo.
Menninger top end space.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #283 of 1,858
For those who commute with Hugo in a bag how do you stop the volume wheel turning up or down by mistake?

it is rigid enough to not accidentally be moved in my experience.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #285 of 1,858

Users who are viewing this thread

Back