Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 15, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #466 of 481
Sony with right-angled connectors on both ends

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43084783747

Apple with right-angled connectors on both ends (iOS 9.X verified)

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=44240667193

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #468 of 481
  dear chord(Mr. John Franks & Rob Watts)

can you please manufacture a chord DAP/PMP for us thirsty head-fiers who was expecting a chord dap and not a dac/amp as a game changer. i am sincerely NOT disappointed with chord mojo,in fact i am set to purchase one to add with my chord hugo.that being said i know chord makes very good high end audiophile electronics but i really would like a chord dap.hope you guys read this and maybe consider me & other head-fiers dreamthirst(and there is "ALOT"). simply read all chord current threads on the shard event and chord mojo and you'll see what i am talking about. would like to see a part 2 "the shard event" same time same place next year with a game changer device from chord(chord dap/pmp). this is my 2 cent and i approve this message. hate it or love it,this is where i stand. christmas is now upon us, now i really have to buy Fiio X7 and/or onkyo DP-X1.        ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)  :punch::thumbsup:

I was not disappointed about the Mojo launch, coz I believe it is great portable solution and Chord has a winner in this, especially for the enthusiasts who have yet to purchase the Hugo and/or Hugo owners who does not mind to add the Mojo as a more portable solution to the Hugo.

Also, I am glad Chord Electronics (even with their renowned brand in high-end audio) is not following the pricing trend/ strategy (incremental pricing) of most of the other portable audio competitors.

Having said the above, I agree with catoval55.

Sincerely, I was hoping for a Chord DAP to be announced... A Hugo or now Mojo based DAP, in my opinion is the natural next step for the Company... and I personally believe Chord is one of the few companies who could easily challenge market leaders in portable DAPs (supported by the stats of Hugo success).

If Chord Electronics is reading this, please consider the below general features I personally wish (based on my experience with 3 DAPs I currently own):

• High storage capacity - Internal storage + SD/MicroSD cards lots
  • Ability to stream music from Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify (personally, I audition new albums from Tidal and decide which album is worth purchasing at CD or Hi-Res quality) 
  • Long Battery life per charge - at least 10 hours playback
  • Silent enough to drive sensitive IEMs yet powerful enough (reasonably) to drive higher impedance headphones (with a 1/4 inch headphone jack "wishful thinking")
  • Pricing is judgmental and perception based. But of course, the cheaper the better :p

On one hand, there is a risk of cannibalizing sales of the Hugo and Mojo, but on the other, Chord will be able to gain share from the DAP market.   

Cheers

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #469 of 481
Would Mojo beat AK120II or even AK240, in terms of sound quality?

I know it is a DAC and not a DAP, but at this price range they are not exactly "different animals" or "apples to oranges" as I foresee some would definitely say.  

Carrying a DAP does not mean the user can ditch his cell phone anyways - the number of bricks being carried is basically the same, so I would say a portable DAC/amp and a DAP are directly comparable.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #470 of 481
Interesting question, not a direct answer however I think that the Questyle QP1R beats the AK players (cleaner sounding, more finesse), and the MoJo comfortably out performs the HO of the Questyle...

That being said, the MoJo sounds more like an AK player than a Questyle one...

I know that isn't an answer, but probably a clue :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #471 of 481
  Would Mojo beat AK120II or even AK240, in terms of sound quality?

I know it is a DAC and not a DAP, but at this price range they are not exactly "different animals" or "apples to oranges" as I foresee some would definitely say.  

Carrying a DAP does not mean the user can ditch his cell phone anyways - the number of bricks being carried is basically the same, so I would say a portable DAC/amp and a DAP are directly comparable.

In AK380 thread several members mentioned that AK380+Hugo beats AK380. So for them, Hugo well fed > AK380. Now if you think that AK380 > AK120ii / AK240, and that Hugo and Mojo sound very close, you have an answer.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #473 of 481
one of the things i sold the hugo is the lack of bass with my lcd2

i found the sound to be thin and lacking bass in hugo and i know this might not please hugo owners when i write this

so now the question to me is the mojo able to drive the lcd2 with authority and is the bass more than hugo or are we talking the mojo will be having the same sound sig as hugo

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #474 of 481

i found the sound to be thin and lacking bass in hugo and i know this might not please hugo owners when i write this

so now the question to me is the mojo able to drive the lcd2 with authority and is the bass more than hugo or are we talking the mojo will be having the same sound sig as hugo

Bass from the MoJo to my LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor) is not lacking, not in the least. I don't know about in comparison to the Hugo but the MoJo can drive them well with great textured bass.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #475 of 481
Interesting question, not a direct answer however I think that the Questyle QP1R beats the AK players (cleaner sounding, more finesse), and the MoJo comfortably out performs the HO of the Questyle...

That being said, the MoJo sounds more like an AK player than a Questyle one...

I know that isn't an answer, but probably a clue
smily_headphones1.gif

I am really interested in this DAC.. Oh wow.. things just keep getting better..

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #478 of 481
My review is up.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/14291

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #480 of 481

No bass on the LCD-i3 with Mojo+Poly. The solution was iFi micro iDSD Black Label with XBass ON. It's a bass bomb now. And for the record it sounds almost as good as the Hugo 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back