Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 24, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #61 of 1,746
Chord 2Qute vs. Hegel HD12. This is my question.
I just read a review of the Hegel HD12 DAC @enjoythemusic.com, and I am very intrigued to say the least. Those crafty Scandinavians.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #62 of 1,746
I just read the a review of the Hegel HD12 DAC @enjoythemusic.com, and I am very intrigued to say the least. Those crafty Scandinavians.

Best to wait and see...
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #63 of 1,746
Hello Rob,

One of the reason I don't like the battery product is if you need to ship it internationally, most shipping company won't let you just ship it.
Also, the battery life is one major thing to consider for those to buy/sell in the 2nd hand market.

I wonder why can't just make the battery/charger a module so we can swap by ourselves later to enhance more clean SQ?
Like make every chord comes with standard PSU, and optional battery module for cleaner SQ enhance.

Anyway, it is just my noob question and I can't wait to put an order for the 2Qute :p

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #64 of 1,746
  Hello Rob,

One of the reason I don't like the battery product is if you need to ship it internationally, most shipping company won't let you just ship it.
Also, the battery life is one major thing to consider for those to buy/sell in the 2nd hand market.

I wonder why can't just make the battery/charger a module so we can swap by ourselves later to enhance more clean SQ?
Like make every chord comes with standard PSU, and optional battery module for cleaner SQ enhance.

Anyway, it is just my noob question and I can't wait to put an order for the 2Qute :p

2 Qute PSU did not benefit from a better PSU - I could not hear a difference when using the standard PSU against a 300A car battery. But I heard a massive difference with the older Qute.

You can ship Hugo no problem - its lithium batteries themselves you can't ship. If its inside a product its OK.

Rob

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #66 of 1,746
  is it different to the standard qute ex?

If your asking about the sound quality I believe we can definitely rule that as a yes. Go back to the beginning of the thread and read all the way through. It doesn't take long and though it does not answer the big question (Does it sound as good or better than the Hugo?) we know it sounds similar (Rob say's so) and maybe even better through the usb. That's probably all we're going to get until it finally reaches the dealers in April.

edit: I'm sorry if your question was directed to Rob. He is answering questions about the 2 Qute so just specify to him.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #67 of 1,746

The 2 Qute would be connected with a Macbook via USB,that I get.How would the 2 Qute be connected to an integrated amplifier? I have in mind a Naim Nap 100 as part of a desk top system.Thanks!

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #71 of 1,746
Well, I have ordered a 2QUTE, can't wait until they get shipped to the dealers...

Anyway, while I wait I had one questions. Two of the three digital inputs are isolate (USB and Toslink). I will probably be connecting several devices to it. I was wondering if the noise that could come in through the Coax spdif connection would affect music from the other inputs. (in other words, do I need to NOT use coax at all to get the best sound)

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #72 of 1,746
I use coax for my blu-ray player, and I simply turn it off when not using it, so then RF can't affect the 2 Qute from coax.

I don't galvanically isolate the coax input as this will run at 384 kHz, and I have not seen a pulse transformer that is fast enough for these kind of speeds.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back