Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 26, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #3,616 of 6,310
Considering most streamers (and most DACs) are pretty large, it does neatly bring the size of a streaming set-up right down. I did notice the addition of the ethernet socket compared to what we saw on the original prototypes, which didn't have it.

What I'd like to see is some kind of stand to put a Hugo 2 and 2Go into. I say this as my Hugo 2 would get quite warm if laid flat, but if I put it on something like an iPad stand for better airflow, it runs quite a bit cooler.
sorry to disagree but the Ethernet was always there right from the initial concept all prototypes had it though it wasn’t shown in some images this image was shown on the 18th of January 2018
1595800539300.jpeg

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #3,617 of 6,310
Back on the subject of automatically generating for a library the playlists that will be acceptable to gofigure... Yes, I didn't forget! 😀

I finally have Windows cmd line scripts that seem to do the job of creating a new flattened library structure, moving the content files into the new structure, and automatically creating playlists in the right format.

I will now embark on testing on some real-life library files and seeing whether gofigure will play the results.

There are heavy caveats: to do this you will need access to a windows pc; OBVIOUSLY you will have a backup of your library; you will need to follow instructions carefully on how to set up the source library and destination library pathnames; at the moment the only file type that is added to playlists is flac; there will be other caveats.

I have only used Windows path and file names that already exist in the source library to create the new path and file names. This is to ensure that the path and file names of the newly created files are always legal. I have not and do not intend to try to use trackfile id3 data to make new filenames as there will be a plethora of rotten special cases to deal with.

I know that the playlist names will often be ugly, but at least the process is automatic 😀

It goes without saying that you use these scripts entirely at your own risk 😀

Those of you who want the scripts PM me with your email addresses. I will send a disclaimer which you will need to return to me by email to show that you accept it. I will then send you the scripts and instructions on how to run them.

The final versions should be ready in a few days from now.
Pm'd

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #3,618 of 6,310
sorry to disagree but the Ethernet was always there right from the initial concept all prototypes had it though it wasn’t shown in some images this image was shown on the 18th of January 2018
1595800539300.jpeg
John, any update on 2yu?

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #3,619 of 6,310
In case anyone is interested, I was able to get squeezebox in roon to see and stream upto 24/192 to the h2go. You would have to download squeeze2upnp from github for Windows based roon cores. Here's a tutorial I found on how to do it. http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2783-roon-with-jplayfemto-it-is-possible/
Ignore that its related to jplay. The squeezebox support works without jplay.
One offshoot of this is that I can now stream to airplay devices via roon upto 24/192, thus bypassing the airplay limit. YMMV.
As for any benefits regarding h2go...it might help with the drop outs, but atm thats just speculation. Plus no dsd. So probably a step down.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #3,621 of 6,310
In case anyone is interested, I was able to get squeezebox in roon to see and stream upto 24/192 to the h2go. You would have to download squeeze2upnp from github for Windows based roon cores. Here's a tutorial I found on how to do it. http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2783-roon-with-jplayfemto-it-is-possible/
Ignore that its related to jplay. The squeezebox support works without jplay.
One offshoot of this is that I can now stream to airplay devices via roon upto 24/192, thus bypassing the airplay limit. YMMV.
As for any benefits regarding h2go...it might help with the drop outs, but atm thats just speculation. Plus no dsd. So probably a step down.
h2go is an airplay device... so did you try to stream 24/192 to airplay via h2go... in my experience airplay is substantially more stable than RAAT.... however its always at lower bit rates.

what are the benefits of squeeze box?

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #3,622 of 6,310
So my dedicated H2go net all over the place today... skipping on 96. Even 44..... tested with mconnect as well ame once it played a Qobuz 96 song via upnp started to pop...

so That rules out the Roon issue.... this is straight up a major 2go flaw.chord may need to recall... the fact that there is zero FW that has solved these issues by now is disconcerting

By "dedicated ... net" do you mean wired? I'm currently listening to 384kHz ethernet streaming from Roon to my H2GO with zero skips/stutters. If your network is skipping then it's most likely your network tripping up the players.

Grab something like EMCO Ping Monitor (https://emcosoftware.com/ping-monitor) and start watching your network for problems. When dropped pings get above 2% in my network Roon will start skipping. If you see this level of dropped pings you can work to resolve it by reorganising your network topology until the dropped pings either go away completely or stay below 1%.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #3,623 of 6,310
By "dedicated ... net" do you mean wired? I'm currently listening to 384kHz ethernet streaming from Roon to my H2GO with zero skips/stutters. If your network is skipping then it's most likely your network tripping up the players.

Grab something like EMCO Ping Monitor (https://emcosoftware.com/ping-monitor) and start watching your network for problems. When dropped pings get above 2% in my network Roon will start skipping. If you see this level of dropped pings you can work to resolve it by reorganising your network topology until the dropped pings either go away completely or stay below 1%.
listened to 384 most of day... no skips... yesterday skips... no diff in net usage.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #3,624 of 6,310
listened to 384 most of day... no skips... yesterday skips... no diff in net usage.

Without monitoring your network you don't know what is happening to it, so I'd still recommend grabbing EMCO and let it watch your network for a few days.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #3,625 of 6,310

For the laymen like me, can you explain what you mean by "dropped ping", and how would it show in my screenshot below.
In the screenshot my 2Go is at the top.It has been intermittently showing packet loss of 5%, but for majority of time packet loss is 0%

1595847120801.png

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #3,626 of 6,310
1595800539300.jpeg

My bad, I must have missed it in the early photos. I had in my head the comment, I think from Matt, about it being added by customer request, so I got the wrong idea about it being added since then.

You've reminded me about my stand comment though. I have it on an iPad stand in front of my computer and it runs nice and cool.

IMG_4141.jpeg

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #3,627 of 6,310
I have been running fairly "defect free" over the last several weeks, and my further testing on my unit in my home confirms that 192 is ok (stable for hours) wireless with Roon, but going higher will almost immediately create the skipping/"Roon errors" as I noted several days ago. I dialed it back to 192 for now and it seemed stable again. To be clear, I had not been upsampling to the H2Go before I started this testing to 192 about a week ago...so upsampling in Roon is a relatively new use-case for me with the H2Go. However, I DO upsample to much higher rates wired to my PSAudio DSD DAC with zero issues, and have been able to do so without issue for 6 months. I'm running an Antipodes CX/EX combo as the Roon front-end so there is zero issue with processing or network bandwidth in the heart of my solution. I used to have issues when I ran a Mac Mini as my Roon server, but those completely went away with the move to Antipodes (thank goodness, given the cost).

Last night, at 192, I oddly started getting the skipping/stopping after about 5 songs. As an aside, unlike pre-update, it did NOT require an H2Go restart, but instead the H2Go would disappear in Roon as an endpoint, then approximately 30 seconds later it would return and allow me to hit play again on Roon. I watched the behavior for about 30 minutes, and it probably happened 10 or more times. I was ready to just shut the whole thing down and quit listening for the night. Interestingly as well (and I should have tried playing to this but I did not), the Airplay end-point I added with the H2Go did NOT disappear as an option when the Roon-endpoint version disappeared.

What I realized was different was that I still had the H2Go plugged into power (which I normally don't do in this listening space). So I unplugging it, without restarting it, and running it on battery, guess what, back to the original no-skipping 192 stability, immediately. I think it stopped maybe the very first song once unplugged, but then didn't stop again for over an hour.

I don't think this is a Roon problem. I still think the H2Go is having a hard time managing resources shared between it's different functions...perhaps memory, perhaps processing, perhaps both...I don't know. But back to the pre-update where folks seemed to be seeing more frequent/more severe issues when they were on power, and/or when they were asking the H2Go to do "more" while playing songs, I think we are still chasing a resource-management issue on the H2Go combo--not sure which side is doing exactly what managing the resources, but I think this is where there are still bugs. I think the new firmware is recovering from the bugs better (i.e. no need to restart), but I think the bugs are still there in it's resource management. There may, of course, but other bugs unrelated to resource management (like buffering, which may or may not be related), but I think it's deeper than just that.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #3,628 of 6,310
I have been running fairly "defect free" over the last several weeks, and my further testing on my unit in my home confirms that 192 is ok (stable for hours) wireless with Roon, but going higher will almost immediately create the skipping/"Roon errors" as I noted several days ago. I dialed it back to 192 for now and it seemed stable again. To be clear, I had not been upsampling to the H2Go before I started this testing to 192 about a week ago...so upsampling in Roon is a relatively new use-case for me with the H2Go. However, I DO upsample to much higher rates wired to my PSAudio DSD DAC with zero issues, and have been able to do so without issue for 6 months. I'm running an Antipodes CX/EX combo as the Roon front-end so there is zero issue with processing or network bandwidth in the heart of my solution. I used to have issues when I ran a Mac Mini as my Roon server, but those completely went away with the move to Antipodes (thank goodness, given the cost).

Last night, at 192, I oddly started getting the skipping/stopping after about 5 songs. As an aside, unlike pre-update, it did NOT require an H2Go restart, but instead the H2Go would disappear in Roon as an endpoint, then approximately 30 seconds later it would return and allow me to hit play again on Roon. I watched the behavior for about 30 minutes, and it probably happened 10 or more times. I was ready to just shut the whole thing down and quit listening for the night. Interestingly as well (and I should have tried playing to this but I did not), the Airplay end-point I added with the H2Go did NOT disappear as an option when the Roon-endpoint version disappeared.

What I realized was different was that I still had the H2Go plugged into power (which I normally don't do in this listening space). So I unplugging it, without restarting it, and running it on battery, guess what, back to the original no-skipping 192 stability, immediately. I think it stopped maybe the very first song once unplugged, but then didn't stop again for over an hour.

I don't think this is a Roon problem. I still think the H2Go is having a hard time managing resources shared between it's different functions...perhaps memory, perhaps processing, perhaps both...I don't know. But back to the pre-update where folks seemed to be seeing more frequent/more severe issues when they were on power, and/or when they were asking the H2Go to do "more" while playing songs, I think we are still chasing a resource-management issue on the H2Go combo--not sure which side is doing exactly what managing the resources, but I think this is where there are still bugs. I think the new firmware is recovering from the bugs better (i.e. no need to restart), but I think the bugs are still there in it's resource management. There may, of course, but other bugs unrelated to resource management (like buffering, which may or may not be related), but I think it's deeper than just that.
Interesting feedback/thoughts from the resource management axis. Any thoughts about this @Matt Bartlett ?

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #3,629 of 6,310
Just for fun. Pi2Go - wifi or ethernet, battery powered, roon ready, HQPlayer NAA stable to 384k, dlna/upnp. Comprised of Hugo2, Rav Power, Pi4 running RopieeeXL. Ugly but versatile and stable.
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #3,630 of 6,310
Just for fun. Pi2Go - wifi or ethernet, battery powered, roon ready, HQPlayer NAA stable to 384k, dlna/upnp. Comprised of Hugo2, Rav Power, Pi4 running RopieeeXL. Ugly but versatile and stable.

Yeah, I think I prefer the Hugo2Go combo :D
Good work though, that must have taken ages to set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back