Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #3,526 of 6,297
I hadn't thought to try Audirvana. I wish that the DLNA server was visible over Ethernet. It only seems to show up when the 2go is connected via wireless. That being said, I'm not getting any skipping using Audirvana over Wi-Fi with 192k material either.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #3,528 of 6,297
Further testing... Audirvana... upsampled to dsd.... NO SKIPPING.

THIS IS 100% A ROON COMPATIBILITY ISSUE. I have suspected this for almost 2years with POLY.
I guess this is why it says "uncertified" in roon. But Chord claims it is Roon Ready on their website. I suppose many devices may be Roon Ready and then also need to earn the 'certified' mark from the chaps at Roon, to establish its credentials as a fully compatible and tested Roon device. A bit misleading all this, as when I saw the roon ready claim I assumed that it would work without a hiccup.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #3,529 of 6,297
Further testing... Audirvana... upsampled to dsd.... NO SKIPPING.

THIS IS 100% A ROON COMPATIBILITY ISSUE. I have suspected this for almost 2years with POLY.

It's a *ROON* issue. Plenty of comment in the Roon forum. Roon is very temperamental when it comes to networks. Even over ethernet it will have skips if there is congestion/delays within the network. WiFi is almost guaranteed to skip...

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #3,530 of 6,297
I did some side by side listening tonight with my H2go and tt2 mscaler. MTT2 is no more than 15 to 20 % better than H2go. This is extremely impressive considering the size. Better bass,dynamics and air But I as I said only by about 15%.

This should speak volumes I am still awestruck that there are forums on Headfi and people that have daps consider them superior to this combo... They are simply not when did no way is this “subjective”.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #3,531 of 6,297
I guess this is why it says "uncertified" in roon. But Chord claims it is Roon Ready on their website. I suppose many devices may be Roon Ready and then also need to earn the 'certified' mark from the chaps at Roon, to establish its credentials as a fully compatible and tested Roon device. A bit misleading all this, as when I saw the roon ready claim I assumed that it would work without a hiccup.
Yep, my amp is an Arcam SA30. Arcam class this amp (which has inbuilt streamer) as Roon Ready, but it is also "uncertified". So both my methods of streaming are "uncertified" on Roon, although when the 2Go plays up I just switch to the Arcam and it will play anything I chuck at it - although it is limited to 192k.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #3,532 of 6,297
I did some side by side listening tonight with my H2go and tt2 mscaler. MTT2 is no more than 15 to 20 % better than H2go. This is extremely impressive considering the size. Better bass,dynamics and air But I as I said only by about 15%.

This should speak volumes I am still awestruck that there are forums on Headfi and people that have daps consider them superior to this combo... They are simply not when did no way is this “subjective”.
Do you plan to buy the 2Yu ? Because we could imagine it could be better with your mscaler and the TT2.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #3,533 of 6,297
Do you plan to buy the 2Yu ? Because we could imagine it could be better with your mscaler and the TT2.
Nahhh... that is one ugly device... I have sotm sms 200 neo ultra with LPS and clocked router for my mTT2.
h2go is a wonderful streamlined magic music candy bar. Once I get my custom h2go case I will be done.
Breaking in this bad body as we speak. Livracable grand. I ordered last Sunday... and received it today from the eu in CA... 4 days!

also the Sony ier Z1R is freaking awesome with this as well! It more like a mini lcd4z than a mini mdr Z1R.

Attachments

• D89B6486-7AFC-4113-A537-74BEF5FA93B2.jpeg
    D89B6486-7AFC-4113-A537-74BEF5FA93B2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,535 of 6,297
Hi, what do you say about the best audio results in ROON & 2Go? should i upsample as default? use bit perfect? change something in the Gofigure?
I would have said that depends whether you think Roon know more about upsampling than @Rob Watts. Me, I’d let the Hugo2 do the lifting. Give it a bit-accurate stream of the source file, and let it do its job.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #3,538 of 6,297
I think that the purpose you buy a Hugo 2 is for what Rob Watts has achieved with digital conversion. While I've experimented with HQPlayer and the Hugo 2, nothing produces the clear sense of depth of the stock set-up the Hugo 2 has. Every type of up-sampling I've tried has sounded poorer.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #3,539 of 6,297
I think that the purpose you buy a Hugo 2 is for what Rob Watts has achieved with digital conversion. While I've experimented with HQPlayer and the Hugo 2, nothing produces the clear sense of depth of the stock set-up the Hugo 2 has. Every type of up-sampling I've tried has sounded poorer.
Does that include the MScaler?

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #3,540 of 6,297
2GO pro tip. If you change password on network... 2Go will attempt to login with old pwd and not give you any indication there is a pwd issue. You need to delete any network that pwd has been changed and re add network with new pwd. 🤬
I've noticed this as well. Whenever I'm mucking about I just always default to deleting the network and re-adding - better safe than sorry. Sloppy though - please add this to the bug list @Matt Bartlett ??? Thx.

Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back