Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #3,136 of 6,295
Please accept my sincere apologies based on the suggestion that I misled you into purchasing a product that you were in two minds about.

Perhaps you should stop taking things you read on the internet for granted and/or, potentially, consider some insurance like buying from a dealer that is happy to offer refunds where necessary.

Who said I didn't have insurance? I made a deal with my dealer that I could return it if it was broken. But since I swapped my 2GO multiple times, I felt bad for my dealer if I would then claim a refund after swapping so many 2Go units. I basically did my dealer a favour in the end.

No problem, I have a long list of people who's opinion I do not trust based on my experience. And the list keeps growing. I'm just here to make sure it is not all sun shine and rainbows like you portrait it to be and someone else makes a $1300 purchase and ends up disappointed.

$1300 is not much money for me, but it might be for some other people.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #3,137 of 6,295
I always using "wifi mode" for playing both sd card and streaming (tidal), apps using: Rigelian for sd card; and MConnectHD for playing streaming. Few days ago I saw a post here talking about using difference apps for access sd card would have different sound, and his best recommendation is "Neutron", so I tried it, but the drop out is very serious, so I asked what configuration should be made, and replied "hotspot mode" he's been using; so I swap to hotspot mode, really got Neutron work, and not just work, it is amazingly best sound ever heard in 2go + Hugo2!! Today I tried playing some dsd files with Neutron, it just have a very loud "white noise" in the background. So I check the Neutron, it should support dsd file, so I tried to change output to ipad mini, and sound is normal again! No white noise in the background; and I tried on/off "perfect bit", still cannot play normally of dsd through 2go in Neutron apps......that's the story today
Hi @Skeith can you play dsd file through Neutron to Hugo2?

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #3,139 of 6,295
@radnor, I posted my wifi issues with the h2go a while back. To recap, I find the skipping of tracks take place when some other device ( my galaxy note 9 phone) on the network is doing some heavy lifting (like heavy downloads). I put the downloads on pause and everything is hunky dory again.
Its a tplink deco m9plus mesh router system.
Of course this should not happen and I'm not suggesting that this is a permanent fix, Chord needs to find a real solution here.

Jul 15, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #3,140 of 6,295
I've read posts before saying whatever what MPD apps for reading SD card file should be the same sound, but I can quite sure to tell you all that Neutron really have obvious better sound than Rigelian at least. I tried to get some tracks that I mostly not quite satisfied playing in 2go before, now I switch to Hotspot mode and using Neutron, obvious more dynamic sound, better instrument separation, overall more musical performance!! Highly recommend for all 2go users, just 2 things: only work in Hotspot mode; having big white noise when playing dsd file. Hope to solve the dsd playback in Neutron would be a great bonus for me.

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #3,141 of 6,295
Roon is incredibly sensitive to network issues - if you are using Roon and experiencing track skips etc it's most likely your network, not the 2Go. Even worse on wifi of course due to network delays/congestion.

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #3,142 of 6,295
Hmm this is puzzling. Ive used my iphone 11 with the 2go fine over the past week or so but today it just wont connect. Any suggestions?

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #3,143 of 6,295
Ok now i u fully understand the frustrations here. Just bought it yesterday. Excited to make it work and found that first connection was a real challenge. Even after it was made, it kept disconnecting and started the configuration trough the android app again and again. Then, when i manage to connect i started to install the firmware update (1.0) and then in the middle it got disconnected although now when i get in the configuration manager i see it says the 2Go i updated to this latest firmware (but it was broken in the middle!).

Now i connected Tidal credentials, how do i start playing :)?!?

And different question - is there a case that can hold both of them? i had to remove the so expensive case i already bought for the h2 now

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #3,144 of 6,295
@radnor, I posted my wifi issues with the h2go a while back. To recap, I find the skipping of tracks take place when some other device ( my galaxy note 9 phone) on the network is doing some heavy lifting (like heavy downloads). I put the downloads on pause and everything is hunky dory again.
Its a tplink deco m9plus mesh router system.
Of course this should not happen and I'm not suggesting that this is a permanent fix, Chord needs to find a real solution here.
Nothing downloading.... this is a 2go Roon issue.... chord needs to resolve this.... problem is identical with poly and has not been resolved.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #3,145 of 6,295
Ok now i u fully understand the frustrations here. Just bought it yesterday. Excited to make it work and found that first connection was a real challenge. Even after it was made, it kept disconnecting and started the configuration trough the android app again and again. Then, when i manage to connect i started to install the firmware update (1.0) and then in the middle it got disconnected although now when i get in the configuration manager i see it says the 2Go i updated to this latest firmware (but it was broken in the middle!).

Now i connected Tidal credentials, how do i start playing :)?!?

And different question - is there a case that can hold both of them? i had to remove the so expensive case i already bought for the h2 now
How do you like to sound?
Valentinium makes a case..., search this forum.... I am getting one with mods... only holes for headphones and the main buttons and vol. everything else covered except the plastic on 2go.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #3,147 of 6,295
So managed to install Roon client on my work computer but it could not find the 2Go :frowning2:.
Clicked on the audio settings and its not on the list of outputs.. what did i missed?
Also,is there a way to play Tidal without Roon?

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #3,150 of 6,295
Even as a layman I know networking is a complex subject with many variables, but in the previous 10 years or so not one of a dozen or more phones,three TVs, several streamers, two Play Stations, and 3 or 4 laptops and computers has suffered network issues. The only issue is with one device, and that is the 2Go

The issues with the 2go are an audio live-stream issue. Most likely, due to heavy buffering, you wouldn't have noticed glitches in those other devices (ever had a download slow down or pause, then start up again?) because they would have recovered without issue. Those kinds of glitches with audio streaming result in annoying drop-outs.

So managed to install Roon client on my work computer but it could not find the 2Go :frowning2:.
Clicked on the audio settings and its not on the list of outputs.. what did i missed?
Also,is there a way to play Tidal without Roon?

Have you installed Gofigure on your phone and set up the 2go to connect to your wireless network?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back