Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 7, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #6,241 of 6,288
I don't recognise that type of error message, so I suggest that you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and hopefully they can propose a way forward for you.
I just connected with Soundorg and they mentioned that the update server has been experiencing issues since the recent switchover and should be resolved in the coming weeks, after which the update should go thru without a problem.

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #6,244 of 6,288
I've been using 2Go+2yu to feed M-scaler+Dave, the result are superb.

I did find not so subtle worthwhile improvements using batteries to supply both 2Go and M-Scaler. Using FLAC off microSD and wireless for control so breaking any ground loops via ethernet produced another worthwhile gain.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #6,245 of 6,288
I've been using 2Go+2yu to feed M-scaler+Dave, the result are superb.

I did find not so subtle worthwhile improvements using batteries to supply both 2Go and M-Scaler. Using FLAC off microSD and wireless for control so breaking any ground loops via ethernet produced another worthwhile gain.
Have you tested this against dedicated streamers, Innuous, Grimm MU1, or even just NUCs? I have a 2Go and have always been curious about adding the 2yu.

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #6,246 of 6,288
Have you tested this against dedicated streamers, Innuous, Grimm MU1, or even just NUCs? I have a 2Go and have always been curious about adding the 2yu.
I’ve tested it side by side with my Innuos Zen MK3 in my home set up.

Innuos - less definition, particularly in the bass, darker sounding, bigger soundstage, wonderful app, trades micro detail and ultimate clarity for weight and big dynamics.

2Go/2Yu - unbelievably good definition and clarity, especially in the bass, leading edges crisp without being hard or etched, shallower stage and you have to cope with poor apps, sounds INCREDIBLE off SD card, trades stage depth and weight for clarity, bass texture and great rhythm.

I preferred pop and jazz from the Chord, and orchestral and voices from the Innuos. In the end I chose the Innuos because my 1500-strong CD collection is ripped to it already and the app is marvellous.

I honestly felt that living with either for a few weeks, you’d forget about the other. I had the 2Go/2Yu running off Ethernet and it was flawless.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #6,247 of 6,288
I’ve tested it dude by dude with my Innuos Zen MK3 in my home set up.

Innuos - less definition, particularly in the bass, darker sounding, bigger soundstage, wonderful app, trades micro detail and ultimate clarity for weight and big dynamics.

2Go/2Yu - unbelievably good definition and clarity, especially in the bass, leading edges crisp without being hard or etched, shallower stage and you have to cope with poor apps, sounds INCREDIBLE off SD card, trades stage depth and weight for clarity, bass texture and great rhythm.

I preferred pop and jazz from the Chord, and orchestral and voices from the Innuos. In the end I chose the Innuos because my 1500-strong CD collection is ripped to it already and the app is marvellous.

I honestly felt that living with either for a few weeks, you’d forget about the other. I had the 2Go/2Yu running off Ethernet and it was flawless.
I also use the 2Go with the SDCard, it's amazing, especially with PGGB upsampled files.

Thanks, that's really helpful and right along with what I would suspect. Innuous products have really nice power supplies and so I bet that contributes to that weight and dynamics. I would want this with Chord DACs, but also would hate to give up Chord's trademark clarity.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #6,248 of 6,288
I also use the 2Go with the SDCard, it's amazing, especially with PGGB upsampled files.

Thanks, that's really helpful and right along with what I would suspect. Innuous products have really nice power supplies and so I bet that contributes to that weight and dynamics. I would want this with Chord DACs, but also would hate to give up Chord's trademark clarity.
I wonder if the ZENith would make me think it was clearly “better” than the 2Go/2Yu, but then it’s a lot more expensive.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #6,249 of 6,288
I wonder if the ZENith would make me think it was clearly “better” than the 2Go/2Yu, but then it’s a lot more expensive.
Right, there are options out there that can do both clarity and density/dynamics, but the components and design is going to cost. I think the 2Go/2Yu is a great value proposition.

From the upscaling side, if you want to add note density PGGB does that, which increasing clarity, resolution, stage, etc.

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #6,250 of 6,288

I compared it with several others items that can stream but mainly I wanted playback from my FLAC lossless collection, music from 50s to today, rock pop electronic and classical works, with a bit of Qobuz and Deezer to fill in.

1-samsing galaxy s23 ultra in flight mode using UAPP output via usb which was really surprisingly good with no odd cellular noises. Seriously more people should try this as it's cheap if you already have an andriod phone with usb. No mains loop helps it a lot.

2-samsing galaxy tab s8 ultra in flight mode with UAPP via USB, ever so slightly better than the phone and more convenient to use as it wasn't my phone, usb charging so unplugging every night to recharge, great screen, no remote control, d'oh!

3-Pi2aes with 5v power mod, using ifi elite 5v mains psu, tried usb, bnc, rca spdif and finally optical, wasn't impressed as it had the hf glare and forwardness of mains loop interaction due to ifi's brain dead decision to connect dc barrel ground to mains earth, which with Cornish mains wiring scheme raises the rf noise coupled into the device powered it by a clearly audibly and thus unacceptable margin, using an earth removal cheater plug and optical lessoned it but ethernet still provided a ground loop so not avoidable.

4-cambridge audio 851n streamer, great app interface, wireless hopelessly unusable with incessant drop outs, ethernet ground loop gave horrible hf glare.

5-unplugged 2go from my hugo2, slapped on 2yu, GoFigure'd, MALP for control, great sound via usb, optical a bit darker with superb hf clarity, DIY'd a pack of ikea nimh AAs into a 5v ish power supply gave excellent sound with same level of improvement as battery gives M-scaler with DAVE and meant I could use usb as it sounds identical to optical re hf glare and DSD material can be played, result! Made up a 20Ah NIMH pack with D cells, sounds identical but lasts 2+ days.

I listen to it for hours some days and it doesn't fatigue unless the material is rough which unfortunately it is with rock and pop from 80s 90s being most variable, most stuff sounds like the band is in my room or head or I'm there with them in front or around me, recording dependant presentation, some recordings are just flat, some amazingly 3d, some all over the place and even these I still enjoy, all have that vinyl like PRAT with some having amazing seperation and layering that DAVE does so well.

I've decided I can't be arsed listening to every possible streamer out there as bit perfect with really low jitter and no mains loops seems about good as it gets and spending more on them at this moment seems unnecessary.

Headphones- DCA Stealth (superb!), Sennheiser HD600 marble top.(nice but soft), HD800 1st Ed (spacoius but still soft), IE900 (yuck!), Beyer dt990 original 1988 (fun for antique rock), Hifiman Susvara maybe later this year.

Speaker- Genelec 8361A W371A complementary mode calibrated to flat as possible 20-20k at listening position, superb but still hearing the room signature overlaying everything compared to clearly not hearing it with headphones.

Obviously YMMV

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #6,251 of 6,288
Has anyone been able to upgrade the firmware on the 2GO? For me, it stops during the update progress and disconnects from my iPhone?

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #6,252 of 6,288
Has anyone been able to upgrade the firmware on the 2GO? For me, it stops during the update progress and disconnects from my iPhone?
I was able to update without a hitch.

Do you have this problem with both WiFi and ethernet?

Have you tried force quitting the app?

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #6,253 of 6,288
I was able to update without a hitch.

Do you have this problem with both WiFi and ethernet?

Have you tried force quitting the app?

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Was over Wifi, just like how I have done every firmware upgrade over the years.

The Wifi is fine as I have good internet connection.

I will try reinstalling GoFigure tomorrow, but I doubt it will do anything as iOS is a closed system unlike a PC, so it's impossible that I have messed up my GoFigure app.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #6,254 of 6,288
How on earth did you guys managed to get it updated to 1.6.1? I even did a Factory Reset, I tried the Gofigure up from the iPad even. But after it finishes updating to 1.6.1, it keeps saying the version is 1.6.0 and i have the ability to do an other "Update Firmware".

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #6,255 of 6,288
Never mind, I give up trying to install 1.6.1.

I will try again when 1.6.2 is out because there is definitely something wrong with Chord their installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back