Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #6,226 of 6,288
recent owner of hugo2go (new). i must say i am very impressed with the power and sound quality.

one small issue though, streaming from wifi with mconnect, at random times i hear subtle pop noise coming from one random channel. its like bad data noise. i dont know how bad data sounds but this is the best description i could come up with. is this also your experience ?

at times everything flows perfect, at others theres a bottleneck of data flow, things get stuck and finally connection drops… i think this is due to wifi signal quality as well as how busy is the network.

lastly, using hotspot connection and listening to local files with rigelian app, i noticed my phone is not online anymore (data). so i cant do anything on it requiring data connection. is there a way around this ?

thanks 🙏🏻

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #6,227 of 6,288
lastly, using hotspot connection and listening to local files with rigelian app, i noticed my phone is not online anymore (data). so i cant do anything on it requiring data connection. is there a way around this ?

thanks 🙏🏻
Whether a phone can listen to a WiFi hotspot and the datastream from your phone service provider simultaneously depends on the hardware and OS of the phone.

For instance, reasonably recent higher end Samsung Galaxy phones can do this but lower end and older Samsungs cannot.

Given that you are using Rigelian I assume you are using an iphone. In that case you are stuck as Apple does not care about playing nice with non-Apple hardware and systems.

The only way for you is: to make your phone the hotspot and have the 2go listen to it rather than have the 2go as the hotspot.

However, iphones being what they are, I suspect that doing this will make your battery flat in next to no time.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #6,228 of 6,288
The only way for you is: to make your phone the hotspot and have the 2go listen to it rather than have the 2go as the hotspot.
does this affect the signal path and sq in your opinion ?

i wish i had the time and patience to deal with all the crap switching from iphone to a better phone. apple used to be a great brand. unfortunately, not anymore. at least not for me.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #6,230 of 6,288
does this affect the signal path and sq in your opinion ?

i wish i had the time and patience to deal with all the crap switching from iphone to a better phone. apple used to be a great brand. unfortunately, not anymore. at least not for me.
I don't see any immediate reason why this should affect the sound quality.

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #6,231 of 6,288
Whether a phone can listen to a WiFi hotspot and the datastream from your phone service provider simultaneously depends on the hardware and OS of the phone.

For instance, reasonably recent higher end Samsung Galaxy phones can do this but lower end and older Samsungs cannot.

Given that you are using Rigelian I assume you are using an iphone. In that case you are stuck as Apple does not care about playing nice with non-Apple hardware and systems.

However, iphones being what they are, I suspect that doing this will make your battery flat in next to no time.
There is a way to use an iPhone with the 2Go hotspot to still use cellular for connecting to the internet.

Try these settings (based on an iPhone):

1) Set Poly to Hybrid Mode where Network is "Poly Hotspot Mode" and Play Mode is "Everything Else"

2) Set iPhone Settings => WiFi =>My Networks to "Poly-xxxxxx where my settings are:
IMG_0455.PNG

3) Enable AirPlay by selecting my PolyName

That does it for me every time.
While these steps were in the Poly thread, they should be equally applicable to the 2Go.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #6,232 of 6,288
There is a way to use an iPhone with the 2Go hotspot to still use cellular for connecting to the internet.

While these steps were in the Poly thread, they should be equally applicable to the 2Go.
i’ll definitely give this a try with my 2go. all i need is to access my local files otg without losing cellular.

i was also hopeful with bluetooth connection for this purpose between 2go and controller (iphone in my case). haven’t got the chance to try yet.

if one of these work, i’ll report back.

update : it works without cancelling my ability to use cellular.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #6,233 of 6,288
It "should" work but in my experience is very hit and miss. If I want to listen to music, I want to listen now, not after spending 15 minutes trying to get a reliable streaming connection and have the Chord streamer connected at the same time. The only way I've been able to 100% guarantee switching everything on and listening without pulling out my last remaining hair is to use an external wireless portable hotspot.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #6,234 of 6,288
is to use an external wireless portable hotspot.
could you explain in simpler terms ? or perhaps give a link on the product so i can go look for one ?

i am totally with you on the frustration for establishing a connection. i am new into chord stuff and frankly i am afraid to pick it up to have a listen even though it sounds perfect.

edit : nvm (you havent anyways). i found it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #6,235 of 6,288
Just got my 2go (bought it used), it connects to go-figure and i also used mconnect to play some qobuz, which also works. I next wanted to make sure i have the latest firmware but when i go to device settings I get this error “Update Server Malformed Content Issue” - it’s a pop up box. I tried closing out go-figure a few times and going back to device settings and same error. Any suggestions?

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #6,236 of 6,288
Just got my 2go (bought it used), it connects to go-figure and i also used mconnect to play some qobuz, which also works. I next wanted to make sure i have the latest firmware but when i go to device settings I get this error “Update Server Malformed Content Issue” - it’s a pop up box. I tried closing out go-figure a few times and going back to device settings and same error. Any suggestions?
What type of device are you running Go-figure on?
I had a lot of the same type of issues running it off an iPhone. However I had success updating the 2Go firmware when I ran Go-figure off of my iPad and off of an Android DAP (Ibasso DX300).

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #6,237 of 6,288
What type of device are you running Go-figure on?
I had a lot of the same type of issues running it off an iPhone. However I had success updating the 2Go firmware when I ran Go-figure off of my iPad and off of an Android DAP (Ibasso DX300).
I was running it off my iPhone. I also had ethernet plugged in but i just tried WiFi and i no longer get that error but after i ran the firmware update it says 1.60 but the chord website says latest version is 1.61. I tried running firmware update 2x and still says 1.60. Any thoughts? Ill also try on my iPad to see if it helps.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #6,238 of 6,288
I was running it off my iPhone. I also had ethernet plugged in but i just tried WiFi and i no longer get that error but after i ran the firmware update it says 1.60 but the chord website says latest version is 1.61. I tried running firmware update 2x and still says 1.60. Any thoughts? Ill also try on my iPad to see if it helps.
No luck. Even after trying on the iPad - Still notes 1.60

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #6,240 of 6,288
I ordered the 2Go/2Yu bundle at a good price, but had not used the 2Yu until recently.
The 2Go/2Yu combo seems to play tracks from SD cards with a very black background.
What is the experience from other 2Go/2Yu owners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back