Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,861 of 7,153
Just looked at his profile and he is in italy.

They don't have the SHP9500 on amazon italy. If he was wanted to order from there though the Status Audio OB-1 and the Lasmex L-85 are for sale there and in his price range. Also got characteristics he may be looking for. He would have to look at the reviews personally for each of them to see if they are what he is looking for.

DIZA100 are also available.

https://www.amazon.it/DIZA100-microfono-disegno-lorecchio-metallico/dp/B01LWPC7N0

Here is the links for the OB 1 and Lasmex:
https://www.amazon.it/Status-Audio-Cuffie-parte-posteriore-aperta/dp/B01BE1EEEG

https://www.amazon.it/Lasmex-L-85-Circumaural-Head-band-headphone/dp/B01LZUMLRU

Yeah, I'm from Italy (isn't visible in the "Location" line of my posts?).

Thanks for your advice! I only knew the DIZA100, but they are so ugly that I've cancelled them from my mind :ksc75smile:. And now I start reading some reviews!

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,862 of 7,153
Yeah, I'm from Italy (isn't visible in the "Location" line of my posts?).

Thanks for your advice! I only knew the DIZA100, but they are so ugly that I've cancelled them from my mind :ksc75smile:. And now I start reading some reviews!

Yes your location is visible in the post header on my devices. I am concerned that the Lasmex would need an amp. 60 ohm impedance and low sensitivity. What is your source? Not sure a phone would output enough power. They appear to be German so probably no info in this thread.

I enjoy my Sigvas very much for the type of music you like. Vocals/mids are important to me also. They are not as bass heavy as the Evos but they will do the bass that is meant to be there. Very nice quality bass to my ears. I find them very comfortable personally. You could return them to amazon if you hate them.If the quality is not what you expect That is your right, but I personally do not like the way that some people order several things knowing ahead of time that they will only keep the one they like best. Not fair to the retailer. There! I said it!

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,863 of 7,153
There isn't many open style headphones on either aliexpress nor amazon italy that I can see. Besides the ones I mentioned are the Samson SR850, Superlux 668B, Superlux 681, Superlux HD 300, ISK HF2010, Liedchen (Mk2, M3, and Mk4), and Bosshifi B7.

Also mentioned is the SIVGA sv007, diza100 (same thing as the liedchen Mk3), and the status audio OB-1.

The Superlux's mentioned in this post are more sparkly and treble focused. The Bosshifi B7 is U shaped but nice sounding. Can't help you with the rest though beyond what I already mentioned for the SV007.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,864 of 7,153
There isn't many open style headphones on either aliexpress nor amazon italy that I can see. Besides the ones I mentioned are the Samson SR850, Superlux 668B, Superlux 681, Superlux HD 300, ISK HF2010, Liedchen (Mk2, M3, and Mk4), and Bosshifi B.

Also mentioned is the SIVGA sv007, diza100 (same thing as the liedchen Mk3), and the status audio OB-1.

The Superlux's mentioned in this post are more sparkly and treble focused. The Bosshifi B7 is U shaped but nice sounding. Can't help you with the rest though beyond what I already mentioned for the SV007.

You can always make your own open/semi-open headphones:

DSCN0622 - Edited.jpg
DSCN0430.JPG
IMG-0199.JPG

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,866 of 7,153
For what it's worth (I haven't heard the OB-1s...any of these headphones listed in post above), I would pick the Status Audio OB-1s w/o a second thought. Here's why:
  • I had the Status Audio CB-1s, their closed back HP. I found it to be an all around excellent, inexpensive headphone. The only reasons I sold it was that its sound signature was quite similar to a couple inexpensive Chinese HPs I have (Yenonas; Marantz MPH-2; kind of a "split the difference between the sound of those); and it was a slightly tight fit for my large head (had the extenders full extended--but it was pretty comfortable w/great pads).
  • I've read a number of admiring reviews of the OB-1s (example below)
  • To me, the look exactly like Somic V2s (no longer available)--and even more, look inspired the the Sennheiser HD650, which is one of the better open-backs around.
https://www.audiophileon.com/news/status-audio-ob-1-review

For a lot of reasons, I'm not in the market for these particular headphones. But I like what I read about them.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #1,867 of 7,153
Yes your location is visible in the post header on my devices. I am concerned that the Lasmex would need an amp. 60 ohm impedance and low sensitivity. What is your source? Not sure a phone would output enough power. They appear to be German so probably no info in this thread.

My sources are my phone with USB Audio Player Pro app + Topping NX2 trough USB as DAC/AMP and my PC with a Sound Blaster Z + Topping NX2 as AMP. Tested with my Superlux, a friend's Sennheiser HD598 and K's 300 ohm earbud (that one is really power hungry, phone + NX2 is not enough, but zero problems when connected to SBZ + NX2).

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,870 of 7,153
Sep 23, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,872 of 7,153
I am hoping someone has that then I can decide based on his/her opinions. They do look very sleek.

So far you are the first that I have seen mention them. Someone has to be first :)

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #1,873 of 7,153
Sep 23, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,875 of 7,153
I was hoping you take the plunge. C'mon, be a vanguard, do it for the society, do it for a greater world, do it for a good cause.
:smile_phones:Nyeheehee

Not me. Not this time! I have way too much. The style does not suit me anyway. I normally prefer large headphones.

Your turn to save the world!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back