Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #5,447 of 35,472
Hi
IEM newbie here. I have always used on ear headphones. I just got an ibasso dap and wanted to try some IEM's. This thread has me very interested.
I listen to acoustic guitar stuff and some smooth jazz. I don't need thumping bass but well controlled.
I don't want to spend a ton as I don't know if I will like iem's.
Can anyone offer some advice on a set as a starting point
thanks
Steve

Hi Steve, best iem for jazz and acoustic in my collection is Having B3 Pro1. Since you have an Ibasso DAP you may drive them without any problems IMO.

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #5,450 of 35,472
If you follow this thread and don't own a penon iem yet, there's something wrong with you.

These are pretty awesome for all live, rock, acoustic, jazz, symphony, alternative, and metal. They play edm decently also, but IMHO their tuning is made for the forementioned stuff.

If you don't own a pair of penon iem, add them to your next order from penonaudio.com, I promise you won't be disappointed in them.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #5,452 of 35,472
Hi stevestarr.
Make an account in Penonaudio.Then buy Havi B3 Pro 1 (old version).Then go to Penon iem in products and you will see that from 77 euros the price has dropped to 7 euros because you already purchased something else.Buy that also,its cheap and good iem for the money.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #5,453 of 35,472
  @Ap616
About TTPOD T1E

This was enough to convince me to pull the trigger, as i am a Tenore fan and prefer them more than my GR07 1st edition. ( More fun ) 
I hope to substitute my Tenore with this TTpod  when they will suffer from TTS , 

I also like Tenore more than GR07 MK2 for the same reason

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #5,454 of 35,472
Hi stevestarr.
Make an account in Penonaudio.Then buy Havi B3 Pro 1 (old version).Then go to Penon iem in products and you will see that from 77 euros the price has dropped to 7 euros because you already purchased something else.Buy that also,its cheap and good iem for the money.

I can't see this............put the B3 in my shopping basket, then went back and added the Penon iem's but they are $99

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #5,456 of 35,472
If you follow this thread and don't own a penon iem yet, there's something wrong with you.

These are pretty awesome for all live, rock, acoustic, jazz, symphony, alternative, and metal. They play edm decently also, but IMHO their tuning is made for the forementioned stuff.

If you don't own a pair of penon iem, add them to your next order from penonaudio.com, I promise you won't be disappointed in them.

do you mind giving us the link to this product? i dont see a penon iem listed anywhere on the site.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #5,458 of 35,472
  Pistons 2.0($25-30) probably have the most bass though I haven't heard them. Followed by Philips SHE3590(10 bucks for great sound! though less techincal than the Pistons) Then T1-E. Then the Tenore. With the other two less, and I haven't heard them yet.

Thanks! Guess my next pair of earphones will the Pistons 2.0. I've been hearing great things from these pair. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #5,460 of 35,472
Create an account.Then add Havi b3 or any other product you want to buy to your basket.Then go checkout and procced with payment.After you complete purchase go to penon iem and you will see that has a deleted price of 77 euros and below a new price of 7 euros.Add it to your basket and complete purchase again .For the discount to take effect you must buy first something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back