Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #16,715 of 35,472
  Moaol M850. $15 dual driver.

Anyone interested in giving them a shot?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orginal-Unique-Dual-Driver-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-MOAOL-M850-without-Microphone-Noise-isolation-earphone-for/32371348214.html

I bought these about 6 weeks ago, a dual driver iem for £9 how could I resist an offer like that, it would be a crime not to try them out. Lots and lots of bass, warm,very smooth, no sibilance or fatigue but thats probably because there isnt much treble.
Someone else could probably give you a better more detailed review of them but I plugged them into my Fiio X3 and I had to turn the bass down to -2 and the treble up to +3. They were only £9 so nothing to really complain about just nothing special and I've heard much more expensive IEMs that sounded worse. I also bought the VJJB V1s which are dual driver for £12 and they were much better.

I will have to stop looking on this thread I've just pulled the trigger on those Earmax ER610 knowles Dual Balanced Armatures

Jul 19, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #16,716 of 35,472
I have very high expectations for the Earmax ER610. Over the years, I purchased all the Earmax IEM models that came without a mic and was disappointed only once - with the ER580 - the single BA UE clone. This IEM had practically no bass what so ever. I mean nothing below 100Hz. I came across this type of bass deficiency with many budget single BA IEMs. On the other hand, my all time favorite IEM is the Earmax ER100 which in addition to having a great sound quality, has a build quality that has no match in its price category (~20USD) and way above it too.

Jul 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #16,717 of 35,472
Isn`t earmax ER100 actually CKW1000 or 1st gen KZ ANV ? If so, then 2nd gen KZ ANV should be even better than ER100.
On the other hand, imso, ER100 design has flaws like heavy weight + littlebit short nozzle.

Waiting feedback on Earmax ER610 since I`m suspicious about bette`s SQ.

Jul 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #16,718 of 35,472
  Isn`t earmax ER100 actually CKW1000 or 1st gen KZ ANV ? If so, then 2nd gen KZ ANV should be even better than ER100.
On the other hand, imso, ER100 design has flaws like heavy weight + littlebit short nozzle.

There are tons of CKW1000 lookalikes on AliExpress from lots of different DIY brands or even no name manufacturers. I doubt that all of them sound the same. Every manufacturer sources its drivers from different origins and the engineers tune them differently. I never heard any of the KZ IEMs but I bet that they don't sound the same as Earmax even if the housing is similar.

The ER100 weight never bothered me since I almost never listen to IEMs when I'm walking, but rather sitting down in public transportation. On the contrary, the added weight makes them feel like a much more premium and well built product. The finish on them is great too, making their earpieces look like very high end, IE800 esque, ceramic made. The nozzle does feel a little bit short, but I didn't have any problem with it and managed to get a comfortable fit and a great seal, so I guess it's individual.

Jul 19, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #16,719 of 35,472
Purchased too. But Selenium will probably get them long before I do.

The problem I see with this is that Zero Audio perfected the dual BA IEM with the Doppio. IMO it's the finest sounding dual BA on the market. I imagine these will sound similar to my dual BA TEAC ZE-1000. The treble was tuned with so much roll off, as to negate sibilance and bring up the bass, but they sound so darned boring and uninspired, I don't use them.

Jul 19, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #16,721 of 35,472
Glad someone finally got the Opus. I would like to give it a go myself as I find them pretty intriguing, and was given a link to their blog but gave up trying find a point of contact due to the language barrier. Have you guys tried them over the ear?

The wavy shape design does not allow for over the ear wearing, you will have to wear it straight up.

WOW!  $217?  To put my comments above into perspective, when I did my critical listening, I thought I was listening to a $20 - $30 IEM.  I realize they're essentially a prototype not meant for mass market sale, but I see no way to justify that price.  There are some absolutely outstanding multidriver hybrids out there that can be had for significantly less (Altone 2000, Dunu, Fudue, etc.) 

Online sources seemed to indicate that the first prototype was completed in May 2014 and the team took 1 year to tune the iem.  An interesting point is that the product brochure is in japanese although the product is from South Korea (apparently they marketed it heavily in Japan).  

http://www.zionote.com/2012/waveletdesign/opus1/

Agreed that there are better and cheaper iem out there but the OPUS1 is still worth listening to if one has the chance. 

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #16,723 of 35,472

There are tons of CKW1000 lookalikes on AliExpress from lots of different DIY brands or even no name manufacturers. I doubt that all of them sound the same. Every manufacturer sources its drivers from different origins and the engineers tune them differently.

Yup, with all those chinese re-branded and rip-off designs You newer know how something sounds, especially if there are a lot of QC issues too.
I never heard any of the KZ IEMs but I bet that they don't sound the same as Earmax even if the housing is similar.

Never bet on something if You haven`t had experience Yourself with certain product
wink.gif
Not saying that one is definitely better than other. I just thought that IF they are rebranded 1stgen ANV, then newer one should be even better.
Btw, by internal pics driver looks exactly same as ANV... not that it makes it same driver.
ceramic made.

This I really doubt about. I re-shelled my KZ ANV (pic on profile) and they are not ceramic. Seemed to me like brass or copper. I doubt that ER100 is any different.

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #16,724 of 35,472
  Yup, with all those chinese re-branded and rip-off designs You newer know how something sounds, especially if there are a lot of QC issues too.
Never bet on something if You haven`t had experience Yourself with certain product
wink.gif
Not saying that one is definitely better than other. I just thought that IF they are rebranded 1stgen ANV, then newer one should be even better.
Btw, by internal pics driver looks exactly same as ANV... not that it makes it same driver.
This I really doubt about. I re-shelled my KZ ANV (pic on profile) and they are not ceramic. Seemed to me like brass or copper. I doubt that ER100 is any different.

I didn't say that one is better than the other. I simply said that they are probably don't sound the same. And about the ceramic made - I didn't mean that it is ceramic made but simply looks like it is.

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #16,725 of 35,472
  I have very high expectations for the Earmax ER610. Over the years, I purchased all the Earmax IEM models that came without a mic and was disappointed only once - with the ER580 - the single BA UE clone. This IEM had practically no bass what so ever. I mean nothing below 100Hz. I came across this type of bass deficiency with many budget single BA IEMs. On the other hand, my all time favorite IEM is the Earmax ER100 which in addition to having a great sound quality, has a build quality that has no match in its price category (~20USD) and way above it too.

IMO earmax seems like a rebranding company, i found an Ivery-is1 marketed as an earmax and from KZ: CM9 /ANV(which is CKW housing clone, but the cable on the earmax is the same as on anv).
I would suggest you to take a look at KZ ANV as i am pretty sure KZ is the oem.

More here http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back