Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #26,041 of 33,689
looking for some insight.

I posted this bit in the help & recommendation forum but there weren't many responses. And the one person who did respond suggested I try here

So I am looking for the following type of IEM

Highs, lows and bass - does not bleed into each other
Highs, lows and bass - where everything is balanced and no one part trying to over take another part.

Highs are not sibilant/fatiguing but present
Mids are not recessed or to forward sounding
Bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.
Sub bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.

I'm not sure if what I am looking for is consider neutral, V shape, U Shape or whatever. I just want a clean sounding IEM where everything sounds balanced.

I have the Westone AM pro 30 and i find that bass sometimes bleed into the mids.
I also have Chi-fi's that were raved about, Kanas Pro and Bgvp dmg. Bgvp dmg just has to much bass for me even with the filter changed. Kanas pro's treble can be a little fatiguing while with and with other songs (ex. Def Leppard) the vocals feels more in the back while the guitar & drums more are front
Don't know your budget...

I'm going to rec Radsone Earstudio HE 100. Slightly warm flat signature. Absolutely stunning. They are $90.

At $300 apparently the AUDIOSENSE T800 are the best of the best of the best.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #26,042 of 33,689
looking for some insight.

I posted this bit in the help & recommendation forum but there weren't many responses. And the one person who did respond suggested I try here

So I am looking for the following type of IEM

Highs, lows and bass - does not bleed into each other
Highs, lows and bass - where everything is balanced and no one part trying to over take another part.

Highs are not sibilant/fatiguing but present
Mids are not recessed or to forward sounding
Bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.
Sub bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.

I'm not sure if what I am looking for is consider neutral, V shape, U Shape or whatever. I just want a clean sounding IEM where everything sounds balanced.

I have the Westone AM pro 30 and i find that bass sometimes bleed into the mids.
I also have Chi-fi's that were raved about, Kanas Pro and Bgvp dmg. Bgvp dmg just has to much bass for me even with the filter changed. Kanas pro's treble can be a little fatiguing while with and with other songs (ex. Def Leppard) the vocals feels more in the back while the guitar & drums more are front
etymotics er2xr?

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #26,044 of 33,689
Sorry, my budget is below $1000, this is will be my go to do it all IEM. So i really want a good one. I listen pretty much to everything except classical (i do but very limited).
You should check out the Fearless Roland. Everyone who owns one absolutely raves about how great it is. It is however $10 more than your $999 budget :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #26,045 of 33,689
tri i4 is quite good with complys as well, basically anything that will reduce resonances to deal with some of the harshness and offer a stable fit works well with this one. Like the blon, it is very fit dependent. I think the Blon is being a little over-hyped right now given the amount of roll-off it has. It is an easy listen but it lacks quite a bit of detail.

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #26,046 of 33,689
About: CCA C12 (Nick-name; Punisher, by Slater :wink:)

So far, the C12 has some of the best punchy and textured sub-bass/bass I've ever heard from any CCA and KZ with plenty of lower bass details only to be incredibly matched with excellent performing BA drivers expressing clean details and micro-details for that matter. This is all coming from using the star line silicone ear tips that are packaged within.
...And that's only my first impression coming right out the package! :fearful:

:point_right: Now, in the past week, I chatted with the CCA owner and asked him if the KZ ZSX where basically the same sound signature. He told me that the C12 was the better sounding model. "Remind you, these were his words and not mine." I also told him about the nickname, Punisher, which was first mentioned by head-fi member, Slater as a nick-name to the C12 versus the Terminator by ZSX. He actually loved the idea and got a good laugh out it!

So, I'm hoping someone would gather both models and give some feedback on both and relate the differences and see if one is truly better than the other, or just basically the same.

Hopefully, my whole review will be up within a few weeks...

-Clear :punch::sunglasses:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #26,047 of 33,689
@FastAndClean Bought the Blon with free same day shipping from Amazon and have been listening to them for a few hours now... And WOW, these are not just incredible IEMs for the price, but incredible IEMs at any price point.
Thanks for sharing this gem. :ksc75smile:
they are amazing, not sure why they are not the hottest subject here

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #26,048 of 33,689
they are amazing, not sure why they are not the hottest subject here
No idea, maybe because they only contain a single driver and more is always betterer, lol.
Anyhow, with two sets on their way and @Otto Motor quoting @KopiOkaya saying that they've been tuned by the same guy who tuned the Tanchjim Oxygen (no back vents either) AND on top of it contain the exact same drivers as the Oxygen I'll sure as hell try some mods on those puppies.

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #26,049 of 33,689
No idea, maybe because they only contain a single driver and more is always betterer, lol.
Anyhow, with two sets on their way and @Otto Motor quoting @KopiOkaya saying that they've been tuned by the same guy who tuned the Tanchjim Oxygen (no back vents either) AND on top of it contain the exact same drivers as the Oxygen I'll sure as hell try some mods on those puppies.
i am waiting for 2 spare pairs, that is a bad habit that i have, if something is amazing and cheap, i will buy a couple of pairs, i did that with ****, no problem selling them after that though

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #26,050 of 33,689
i am waiting for 2 spare pairs, that is a bad habit that i have, if something is amazing and cheap, i will buy a couple of pairs, i did that with ****, no problem selling them after that though

Haha i saw u bought two audiosense T800s previously. It is amazing but i wouldn't consider them under the budget FI segment.

I know what u mean though, i also have two **** and two tempotec sonata HDs even though one is more than sufficient. Couldn't resist the pricing. My wife nags me daily about my numerous budget CHIFI clogging up the house :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #26,051 of 33,689
something that i noticed over the years, some people are listening with the price tag involved, if they have expensive in ear that sound good they will praise it more than the cheap one that have similar sound quality, trying to justify the money spend on the expensive pair, other thing also, if a in ear is cheap, like very cheap some people automatically dismiss that IEM, thinking - "well i have expensive in ear that sound amazing, no way that cheap model will be to my liking"
it is a strange type of thinking, not all of the head fi ers are like that, but a lot of them

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #26,052 of 33,689
something that i noticed over the years, some people are listening with the price tag involved, if they have expensive in ear that sound good they will praise it more than the cheap one that have similar sound quality, trying to justify the money spend on the expensive pair, other thing also, if a in ear is cheap, like very cheap some people automatically dismiss that IEM, thinking - "well i have expensive in ear that sound amazing, no way that cheap model will be to my liking"
it is a strange type of thinking, not all of the head fi ers are like that, but a lot of them

That's true. I have a few audiophile and band friends who only purchase western brand audiogear and refuse to consider CHIFI.

They equate expensive price to good sound, well it's their loss for not exploring the CHIFI offerings.

I have one friend who bragged to me that his shure SE215 costs more than my ZS10 pro and it is western brand so it should be better LOL. I have heard both and I just laughed. (Plus most likely these budget to midfi western stuff are made in china to begin with).

Sep 5, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #26,053 of 33,689
Hats off to @crinacle who gave the $5 MH755 a B= rating and placed them right next to some +USD1000 IEMs on his list - I certainly got his point. Above all else Sony got the tonality nailed on the 755 and once you have them recabled (at least for convenience sake) they really give many WAY more expensive IEMs a serious run for the money. To my ears they really deserve that B= rating and I really wouldn't want to miss them in my rotation.

I know what u mean though, i also have two **** and two tempotec sonata HDs even though one is more than sufficient. Couldn't resist the pricing. My wife nags me daily about my numerous budget CHIFI clogging up the house

Same here ... a whole bunch of (recabled) MH755 / EDR1 / ED9, three ZS6, two ZSA, two ZS7 (favorite KZ), two ****, two Tin T2 and some double/triple AKG cans as well. The best part: no complaining missus here and my friends can't wait to get their next IEMs from me. They're pretty happy with what they got from me so far - if I don't like something, they will, lol.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #26,054 of 33,689
Yup. I've ordered a second set of BL-03's. £26 is too little not to.
They're quite frankly astonishingly accurate to my ears.

As for an earlier comment about overhype and lack of some detail...well, hyper detail is overhype. The point of a good IEM is accuracy and authenticity first, integrity to the engineer's intent (hard to establish but one can sense what's intended) and enjoyment next. Over detailed IEMs like NX7 aren't overly real in the highs, though not unpleasant to listen to. But most of the TOTL iems I've heard aren't overly detailed either. No part of the FQ is, or should be, over pushed above another - unless intended.

BL-03 has such a lovely balance and tone, still has detail enough to satisfy, with very little bleed anywhere else.
Overhyped? Nah. (If if only they'd made those nozzles/stems longer!)

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #26,055 of 33,689
Yup. I've ordered a second set of BL-03's. £26 is too little not to.
They're quite frankly astonishingly accurate to my ears.

As for an earlier comment about overhype and lack of some detail...well, hyper detail is overhype. The point of a good IEM is accuracy and authenticity first, integrity to the engineer's intent (hard to establish but one can sense what's intended) and enjoyment next. Over detailed IEMs like NX7 aren't overly real in the highs, though not unpleasant to listen to. But most of the TOTL iems I've heard aren't overly detailed either. No part of the FQ is, or should be, over pushed above another - unless intended.

BL-03 has such a lovely balance and tone, still has detail enough to satisfy, with very little bleed anywhere else.
Overhyped? Nah. (If if only they'd made those nozzles/stems longer!)
Exactly this. Getting heaps of detail is easy. Getting the same amount of detail without compromising the tonal balance and timbre is hard. The BL-03 is a champ. If it weren't for the bodge cable/fit I'd be hyping it hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back