Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 6, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #21,136 of 33,689
Get a TRN BT20 and pair it with your favourite IEMs. I get well over 5 hours on 1 full charge on those.

I can verify this. I did some battery life checks the first week I got mine. Least amount of time the bt20 lasted was 5:50 at 50% volume (with several times going higher). At 40% or less volume I get 6:30-7:10.

I'm just curious about the small form factor of these True Wireless earbuds and want to try one. But thanks for telling me about TRN BT20, it sounds like a cool idea.

It definitely is. Turns all your IEM's into true wireless. YMMV on what fits.

Once you use the BT20, you’ll never want to go back to normal wireless again. Best audio purchase I’ve made in 2 years.

I like my 2-pin one so much, I’m getting the MMCX version when they’re on sale next.

I dunno if I'd go that far... but they are pretty good.

Also, FYI: MMCX connector are not like what is pictured on AE/Ebay/etc. They are angled just like the 2 pin connectors.

20181218_124451.jpg

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #21,137 of 33,689
Once you use the BT20, you’ll never want to go back to normal wireless again. Best audio purchase I’ve made in 2 years.

I like my 2-pin one so much, I’m getting the MMCX version when they’re on sale next.

Thank you! I'm thinking about buying the 0.75 mm version & CCA C10 as I'm hearing good things about the latter. Hope this combination works well. I hope they have a small adapter to make it compatible with MMCX connectors too, but I know I'm asking for too much here.

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #21,138 of 33,689
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #21,139 of 33,689
Thank you! I'm thinking about buying the 0.75 mm version & CCA C10 as I'm hearing good things about the latter. Hope this combination works well. I hope they have a small adapter to make it compatible with MMCX connectors too, but I know I'm asking for too much here.

No adapter needed. They have the BT20 in MMCX, 0.75mm, and 0.78mm ends.

Jan 6, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #21,140 of 33,689
No adapter needed. They have the BT20 in MMCX, 0.75mm, and 0.78mm ends.

I mean it would be nice if a single BT 20 model can come with an adapter (if that is even possible) so that it works with both 0.75mm & MMCX ends (instead of buying separate BT20s for each of the ends). That would make it more universal, but I understand it can be challenging to make something like that.

Jan 6, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #21,141 of 33,689
Took a shot on the Creative Aurvana Trio IEMs. Very nice triple driver hybrid from a company you don't hear much of in the earphone world (didn't know they were a Singapore based firm). I was of mixed feelings OOTB, I knew right away that they were very detailed but they didn't WOW me much. Gave them 20+ hours of burn in over night and went back to them next day. They remind me of how i felt with the DUNU dn2000 OOTB... clearly good but don't excel in any one area, but then when you give them time you realise 'wait a minute, these are very capable'.

That somewhat 'flat' sound is actually replicating the music really quite accurately! Song demands some power in the low end... the TRIO conveys it. Same goes for songs that want the vocals to be the focus... there's some nice weight and enough warmth for them to come thru smooth and articulate. Upper mids are slightly more emphasised which clearly helps bring out so much detail but not in that way some cheaper sets force it. There's a better sense of realism from the treble, quite vivid actually. But all in great balance. Neutral... perhaps, not sure. Not analytical though but if you like hearing the micro detail... it's there.

Not sure but they might be a more cohesive sounding BQ3 which although good can sound a bit disjointed? The trio has more detail that's for sure. Need to AB them tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CREATIVE-A...&qid=1546832314&sr=1-1&keywords=creative+trio

Some mention the fit, but i find them very secure and comfortable.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #21,142 of 33,689
I mean it would be nice if a single BT 20 model can come with an adapter (if that is even possible) so that it works with both 0.75mm & MMCX ends (instead of buying separate BT20s for each of the ends). That would make it more universal, but I understand it can be challenging to make something like that.
couldnt agree more with this lol.

but for TRN : make sure consumer happy with 1 connection so they buy another one in the end. double profit

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #21,143 of 33,689
So after all this hi-res mumbo jumbo with sprinkles of bit perfect and dsf and vinly rips encoded in 24/192 we land in the mushy land of BT adapters... sigh what joy!! not :D

Jan 7, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #21,144 of 33,689
So after all this hi-res mumbo jumbo with sprinkles of bit perfect and dsf and vinly rips encoded in 24/192 we land in the mushy land of BT adapters... sigh what joy!! not :D
Sometimes we want the convenience. When I am at home, I'd go wired. But when I am at the airport or commuting or anything that requires me to move around, I'd take BT.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #21,145 of 33,689
Hey I just bought the trn bt20 bluetooth cable guys. I bought them for all the KZs I have but what other brands or types of earphones would you all recommend to also use with the trn bt20?

I am happy with the zs3s and other KZs that take the 0.75mm pin for daily music listening with my iPhone but was hoping I could also use the trn bt20 with my new Denon stereo to listen to movie and tv audio.

Is there a good iem or earphone that can use the trn bt20 bluetooth cable so I can listen to the audio from movies? I’m not necessarily looking for some super fancy 3D headphones that simulate surround sound but something that is clear and crisp sounding where dialogue would be easily heard etc.

Perhaps iems aren’t suited for this and need to look for larger mid size or full size cans but I just love the comfort of iems...

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #21,146 of 33,689
Hey I just bought the trn bt20 bluetooth cable guys. I bought them for all the KZs I have but what other brands or types of earphones would you all recommend to also use with the trn bt20?

I am happy with the zs3s and other KZs that take the 0.75mm pin for daily music listening with my iPhone but was hoping I could also use the trn bt20 with my new Denon stereo to listen to movie and tv audio.

Is there a good iem or earphone that can use the trn bt20 bluetooth cable so I can listen to the audio from movies? I’m not necessarily looking for some super fancy 3D headphones that simulate surround sound but something that is clear and crisp sounding where dialogue would be easily heard etc.

Perhaps iems aren’t suited for this and need to look for larger mid size or full size cans but I just love the comfort of iems...

CCA C10 was recently released and it is getting a lot of praise here. It uses 0.75mm pin & costs about $30. Looking at the review & especially the soundstage part, I believe it may be suitable for your requirements.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #21,147 of 33,689

The BT20 in the 2-pin size would also work with BQEYZ (BQ3, K2, K2C, KB1, K100, etc), CCA (C10, C04, etc), and TRN (V10, V20, V60, V80, IM1, etc) IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #21,148 of 33,689
I had to double dip and get the BT20 for both the MMCX & 2-pin 0.75mm connector. But definitely worth it and it is now my go to gear while jogging connected to my iPhone XS via bluetooth. I have paired it with my ZSN, CCA C10 and DMG. Both my set with NO instructions, so I had to depend on someone posting it here on one of the other forums to pair them and get them connected to my phones.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #21,149 of 33,689
@crabdog @thejoker13
I've read a few comments about the Toneking Nine tail that it's a great value/performance purchase. I've Kanas Pro's at the moment and would like to have a pair to complement them. I'm thinking about the Toneking Nine tail and the Kinera IDUN Deluxe version. Could you guys give me your 2 cents about these?

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #21,150 of 33,689
@crabdog @thejoker13
I've read a few comments about the Toneking Nine tail that it's a great value/performance purchase. I've Kanas Pro's at the moment and would like to have a pair to complement them. I'm thinking about the Toneking Nine tail and the Kinera IDUN Deluxe version. Could you guys give me your 2 cents about these?
Sadly, I can't tell you anything about comparing it with the Kanas Pro or IDUN as I have heard neither. What I can say is that the Nine Tail sounds as good (to my ears) as anything else I have around that price: TFZ Queen, TenHz P4 Pro, DMG etc. For a single dynamic, it's hard to beat, especially when you factor in the filter options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back