Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 14, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #8,296 of 33,689

Yeah, at this moment, not thinking of such a high price. 50-75 USD at the max, and that too only if there is a significant difference. (was hoping from China, there might a non-mainstream, but really good one which punches much above its weight, like the IEMs :) )

I'm thinking, I'll spend $200,  if I upgrade my headphones to HD 650, which definitely require a good amplifiers. But at $200, wouldn't DFR be a better option?

​DFR is bit hindered in Android implementation. Only USB Audio Player Pro offers the full playback capability. Using the DFR with apps like Google Play Music, Spotify, YouTube etc. the volume control is limited and may not be sufficient depending on your headphones/IEMs.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #8,297 of 33,689
Uu.. bad, I still think that the headphones and other audio equipment must support the greater part of the audio spectrum to enjoy the music, any music. On the website do not understand score for Urbanfun 9.2, and on the diagram 8. It is not clear to me whether it is placed above or below **** 4in1

Graph updated, I'm guessing you didn't read the review of the Urbanfuns, in it I said "They are superior to the KZ ZST and the **** 4in1 in my opinion." 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #8,298 of 33,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokiboki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uu.. bad, I still think that the headphones and other audio equipment must support the greater part of the audio spectrum to enjoy the music, any music. On the website do not understand score for Urbanfun 9.2, and on the diagram 8. It is not clear to me whether it is placed above or below **** 4in1

I rated the Urbans higher than the **** - overall rating on graph should show 9 must be a typo.

You'll have to be more specific with - 'I still think that the headphones and other audio equipment must support the greater part of the audio spectrum to enjoy the music, any music.' - I'm guessing you mean you prefer a flat signature?

It applies to headphones and audio equipment for which someone says "ok, can pass for classical music," and in classical music, there are bass as well as in the other, and if lower range do not hear, does not have the full experience. I personally prefer a flatter response,fully renderred,but I think that it is better to have extremes slightly raised, that it does not have in general. I do not like too much bass,miffled medium and cut off treble.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #8,299 of 33,689
It applies to headphones and audio equipment for which someone says "ok, can pass for classical music," and in classical music, there are bass as well as in the other, and if lower range do not hear, does not have the full experience. I personally prefer a flatter response,fully renderred,but I think that it is better to have extremes slightly raised, that it does not have in general. I do not like too much bass,miffled medium and cut off treble.

Ah, I guess this regards the comment on the Hi-905s?

I had been discussing the Hi-905s in this thread and I said I thought they were deeply flawed. Someone else said their lack of bass meant they were suited to classic music. As I'm not a classical music listener I just took them at their word. To be honest I was trying just to find a positive about the UiiSii, wasn't easy.

Flat with a lift of treble sounds like Ty Hi-Z G3s, my favourite.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #8,302 of 33,689

​DFR is bit hindered in Android implementation. Only USB Audio Player Pro offers the full playback capability. Using the DFR with apps like Google Play Music, Spotify, YouTube etc. the volume control is limited and may not be sufficient depending on your headphones/IEMs.

Oh. That's really sad. Because, I definitely stream most of my music. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Can you explain what full playback capability means? Since, the DFR is not having a volume knob, wouldn't the volume control be done by my phone itself?

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #8,303 of 33,689

Oh. That's really sad. Because, I definitely stream most of my music. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Can you explain what full playback capability means? Since, the DFR is not having a volume knob, wouldn't the volume control be done by my phone itself?

​PM'ed you as to not derail the thread.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #8,306 of 33,689
i just received two new units from ali, the boarseman kr49 (highly touted by vidal on his provocative asian ear site) and the kinera bam03, a virtually unknown dual BA which i purchased purely on impulse. remarkably, these arrived in the us in ten days, which i attribute wholly to the manliness of our new president's trade policy. in any event, the kr49 is basshead's wet dream which totally cuts the quite nice memt x5, while the kinera is an interesting change from the typical budget hybrid signature. more impressions to follow.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #8,307 of 33,689
  i just received two new units from ali, the boarseman kr49 (highly touted by vidal on his provocative asian ear site), in any event, the kr49 is basshead's wet dream which totally cuts the quite nice memt x5,

I decided to buy the Boarseman KR 25D instead because it was labeled as Audiophile quality vs the Basshead pair you have. I'm in Canada so I don't have mine yet, lol.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #8,308 of 33,689
i just received two new units from ali, the boarseman kr49 (highly touted by vidal on his provocative asian ear site) and the kinera bam03, a virtually unknown dual BA which i purchased purely on impulse. remarkably, these arrived in the us in ten days, which i attribute wholly to the manliness of our new president's trade policy. in any event, the kr49 is basshead's wet dream which totally cuts the quite nice memt x5, while the kinera is an interesting change from the typical budget hybrid signature. more impressions to follow.

Did you get the mic version or no mic of the kr49? Would love to see a comparison to the X5 as I'm looking for a bassy iem.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #8,309 of 33,689
Did you get the mic version or no mic of the kr49? Would love to see a comparison to the X5 as I'm looking for a bassy iem.

The cable on the non mic version is microphonic, not a problem if you tend to wear cable over ear as I do. The cable on the mic version appears to be the same as the CX98 so doesn't have the same noise issues. Can't say I'm a fan of the black and gold finish though.

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #8,310 of 33,689
  that's a great deal indeed. which seller was it? is the deal still active?

I got it from DD-Audio Store in Aliexpress. I contacted them over chat, and Lillian was very responsive, and helped bring down the price!!. You can do the same, and just say that you are a head-fi member, to get the best price :)

It was from the banner seller for the 7th anniversary Aliexpress deals, which is no longer active.

I went through the thread and was able to find reference to the 'banned' seller. This is not from them. Forgive me, if I'm mistaken. I'll edit my post to remove them, if it turns they were also banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back