Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Jul 26, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #139 of 264
Excellent! V2+ Infinity or regular? Gives me a bit of hope that mine will be here on time as well.

Regular as I could not get an explanation as why the v2+ Infinity upgrade was $50 more than the Infinity upgrade for the v2.

Do you remember what batch you were in? I was batch 10 on the original pre-order. Hoping to have mine before the wedding.

Kojaku

I was early when it was off the forum with no v2+. When it was moved to Indiegogo and upgraded to the v2+, I thought I was towards the back like December so today's email was a shock.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #140 of 264
  Added a Geek Pulse X Infinity to the list.

If that's what was being demoed with the HE 1000s at Axpona, then it's a SPECTACULAR match for them, to my ears anyway.  I know it was some Geek Audio thing.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #141 of 264
Early batch one here (order #162_). Maybe we establish a timeline that way.

Regular as I could not get an explanation as why the v2+ Infinity upgrade was $50 more than the Infinity upgrade for the v2.
I was early when it was off the forum with no v2+. When it was moved to Indiegogo and upgraded to the v2+, I thought I was towards the back like December so today's email was a shock.

I'm order #176_, so not that far after you. What is your order number, Steve?

Kojaku

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #143 of 264
According to the shipping notice my order was 101416.

Huh. I'm guessing it's that last four digits. You're a ways ahead of me, but I'm pretty close to Austin, so I should see something soon...

Kojaku

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #145 of 264

So it finally came in? 

I had them change my 2.0 request to a 1.0, so it should ship on Monday. It'll be here by meet time.

If that's what was being demoed with the HE 1000s at Axpona, then it's a SPECTACULAR match for them, to my ears anyway.  I know it was some Geek Audio thing.

Yup, that was the Pulse X Infinity and LPS they were using. Funny enough, they were using the SE output rather than the balanced, negating a huge majority of the X Infinity.

Case v1.0 or v2.0?

1.0, changed to the old chassis after some of the recent updates.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #146 of 264

Yup, that was the Pulse X Infinity and LPS they were using. Funny enough, they were using the SE output rather than the balanced, negating a huge majority of the X Infinity.

If you're willing to do so, I'm certainly willing to let people walk my HE-1000s over to your table to listen through that setup.  It would probably sound amazingly great.  I'll also have a pair of Denon AH D7000s that people could try if they wanted to, again if you're willing.  The Denons are hardwired with single ended output, however.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #147 of 264
  If you're willing to do so, I'm certainly willing to let people walk my HE-1000s over to your table to listen through that setup.  It would probably sound amazingly great.  I'll also have a pair of Denon AH D7000s that people could try if they wanted to, again if you're willing.  The Denons are hardwired with single ended output, however.

I'm bringing gear so people can hear it, not for my own personal use. Anyone is welcome to hook up their headphones to anything I have.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #149 of 264

I'm bringing gear so people can hear it, not for my own personal use. Anyone is welcome to hook up their headphones to anything I have.

Great! That's how I feel about what I'm bringing as well. This will be my very first headphone meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back