Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Jul 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #91 of 264
  things are shaping up

Thanks for noticing. I have lost 20 lbs, y'know. That whole joke about me being fat may not hold anymore.

Kojaku

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #93 of 264

I'll still call you fat ironically, considering I've always had the larger belly. :p

I'll also get a haircut right before the meet, so I can get doubly mad at everyone for not noticing my changes in appearance. So excited. Oh yeah, and the headphone stuff too, I guess.

Kojaku

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #95 of 264
Jul 15, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #96 of 264
Thanks for noticing. I have lost 20 lbs, y'know. That whole joke about me being fat may not hold anymore.

Kojaku

20 lbs since we saw you last? Uh..... Tapeworm much?

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #98 of 264
In less than 3 weeks ??????

In 3 weeks I've lost like 12 of that 20. Don't worry. I'm just starving myself so I can afford a flagship headphone again.

Kojaku

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #100 of 264

I started running to work to save on gas money for my next flagships. Unfortunately, I only live ~3 miles from work, so I'm not saving much money. Maybe this starving thing is a better idea :)

Wow, talk about a run for your money

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #101 of 264
  Wow, talk about a run for your money

Yeah, I think the plan has actually backfired on me. The amount of money I'm saving on gas is negated by the extra money I'm spending on food due to being hungry after running. 

On a completely unrelated note, I was hoping to have a new pair of flagships by this meet. I'm not feeling too optimistic at this point :-/

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #104 of 264
audioaddict, can we get a hardware list started.

And if everyone is going out for food first, whats the best time to deliver gear? Not sure I want to leave 5k$ of gear in trust of the valet.

The pizza place is in wicker park, so it's really open as far as parking goes. You could just leave your gear safely in the car while we eat.

Kojaku

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #105 of 264
I thought I would pass along an update on the Dharma Wei Change included in a recent email to me.

Regarding the availability of Dharma D1000, below is a brief statement of ours and please feel free to share with other head-fiers:

“There's a slight delay in the projected availability of the Dharma D1000 and Athena A1. We are heavily back-ordered and obviously very motivated to expedite shipments. Pre-production samples from soft tooling are excellent; and we are now in the process of fabricating the hard tooling for production. We anticipate this will not be completed until late July/early August, which will allow us to go into full production immediately thereafter.

We are very happy with the sonic performance of both Dharma and Athena, and from that standpoint it’s a wrap. But our commitment, as you would expect, is not just an excellent Dharma and Athena, but perfect products in every regard, including fit, finish, visual detailing, and in the case of Dharma, headband adjustment. And we’ve decided we will not ship until we have achieved perfection in every one of these areas.

Please bear with us. We are resolute in our pursuit of perfection; and we will all benefit in the long run by this commitment, frustrating as it might be on start-up.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back