Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Feb 5, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #197 of 233
  I will not be able to make it. It does look like something is taking shape in Eastern Iowa though so I might see some of you guys at that event. Have fun.

I can't make it either.  Can you give any more details about the possible Eastern Iowa event?

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #198 of 233
Guys, I've taken the liberty of warming up the Liquid Gold for you. Because that's just the kinda guy I am. :wink:

Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!!!

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #199 of 233
Lol, how is it so far?  
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #202 of 233
Lol, how is it so far?  :p

Ridiculously, ludicrously, unbelievably transparent. It just erases the HD800. Treble is ultra smooth. Bass packs a level of wallop that is super satisfying. Ultra engaging and musical like all the Cavalli gear I've heard. Soundstage is "alive" to the extreme. Easy to see why this is in the convo for the best amp on the market. It's a really special piece of equipment.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #204 of 233
All packed up. Let's party!

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #205 of 233
OK all.  The room is set up.  we do have another room available if we overflow, but we will need tables for that room.  if you have a table, please bring it.  Also, all the tables have power near them, but you may need a power strip or short extension cord.  Maybe not, but better safe then sorry.  Also, bring small bills for the raffle if you plan on being part of it. 

A few common sense things to point out quickly.  But I've seen ALL of this.  I'll be that guy.

-Be respectful of everyones equipment!!!!
-Please turn the volume down when you walk away.
-Ask before you reconfigure or disconnect anything
-If there is a cd player, DONT push CD player trays in.  use the open/close button.
-If there is no sound coming out for some reason, ASK.. don't just start fiddling around with buttons and settings.
-if there is very little sound, and the volume knob seems really high, there is probably a reason you don't know about.  ASK.
-Dont go looking around and changing settings on someones computer.  you may regret what you find.
-Return CD's where you found them.
-Make sure your hands are clean when messing with all gear.
-Wash your hair before you get to the meet.
-Dont leave Drinks on or too near any equipment.
-Be aware of how much time you spend on a setup, as there may be others waiting.  Dont assume no one else is waiting just because they are not standing behind you.

There is more of course, but this is a good start.  Just pretend that every setup in the room costs a million dollars, and treat it that way.  It very well may be worth that much to its owner.

Tomorrow is going to be a blast.

Sincerely,
Your host.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #206 of 233
  OK all.  The room is set up.  we do have another room available if we overflow, but we will need tables for that room.  if you have a table, please bring it.  Also, all the tables have power near them, but you may need a power strip or short extension cord.  Maybe not, but better safe then sorry.  Also, bring small bills for the raffle if you plan on being part of it. 

A few common sense things to point out quickly.  But I've seen ALL of this.  I'll be that guy.

-Be respectful of everyones equipment!!!!
-Please turn the volume down when you walk away.
-Ask before you reconfigure or disconnect anything
-If there is a cd player, DONT push CD player trays in.  use the open/close button.
-If there is no sound coming out for some reason, ASK.. don't just start fiddling around with buttons and settings.
-if there is very little sound, and the volume knob seems really high, there is probably a reason you don't know about.  ASK.
-Dont go looking around and changing settings on someones computer.  you may regret what you find.
-Return CD's where you found them.
-Make sure your hands are clean when messing with all gear.
-Wash your hair before you get to the meet.
-Dont leave Drinks on or too near any equipment.
-Be aware of how much time you spend on a setup, as there may be others waiting.  Dont assume no one else is waiting just because they are not standing behind you.

There is more of course, but this is a good start.  Just pretend that every setup in the room costs a million dollars, and treat it that way.  It very well may be worth that much to its owner.

Tomorrow is going to be a blast.

Sincerely,
Your host.

And don't forget to heartily thank Keith for setting this up when you see him.  He likes manly bear hugs.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #209 of 233
I'm in for Palmer house as well.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #210 of 233
  Oh yeah,

with the larger turn out this year (yay), I'm going to try to make a reservation at Palmer house.  how many of you KNOW your going besides fraggler and I?

I'm in!  And add my wife as well. 

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back