Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Feb 5, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #181 of 233
for anyone that cares, I'm going to be bringing my Yamaha CR-2020 amp to pair with my HE-6.  I switched things around a bit at home, and I am really digging the sounds I'm getting.  I also found some problems with my other sansui amp.. drag.. may still bring the 9090, but not sure.  we'll see.  The problem is that the 2020 has no case.  so it wouldnt be pretty.  I'll think about it some more..  now back to dire straits.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #183 of 233
Okay guys, I have a fantastic bit of news! After hearing that @jude is bringing Chord's new DAVE to the meet, our good friend @warrenpchi reached out to me earlier today, and he will be sending up Cavalli's flagship Liquid Gold for us to pair up with the DAVE at the meet!!!

I've already received confirmation that the LAu is in route to MKE!! Woohoo!!! Thanks Warren!

Yay, thanks for driving the LAu down to the meet!  
smile.gif
  We just couldn't leave Jude's rig amp-less, especially with him lugging the DAVE down there.  I wish I could be there, as I still haven't had a chance to meet many of you, but duty calls here.

I've heard both the DAVE and Liquid Gold separately, and I imagine that's going to be one hell of a pairing. Can't wait to try the two together.

Post impressions when you've got 'em?  
redface.gif

Wishing y'all a fantastic meet fellas!  Hope every has a ton of fun!  
smile.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #186 of 233
Feb 5, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #189 of 233
  I do have power cables for DAVE and CODEX, but I forgot to bring a power strip and extension cord(s). If anyone has any spares I can borrow to make sure these are plugged in for the meet, it'd be much appreciated.

(Sorry.)

Np, you're covered.

My listening space is seriously destroyed getting ready for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back