Cheap IEM's for the gym...
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

J.D.N

500+ Head-Fier
I've been looking around for some cheapish IEM's to use down the gym since i took my old Sen OMX 50's down and cringed at the terrible sound!

A couple that have caught my eye are the Jay j-jays and the OVC TC-20's. Both are pretty low cost and seem have got good reviews etc. Does anyone have any other suggestions or opinions on the above IEM's?

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 20
The Marshmallows look like they will be too big for my ear canals, and i don't want to spend as much as the Super.Fi 3's cost.

Cheers.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 20
Sennheiser cx-300 is anoother good choice on the cheap. the marshmallows have foam ear tips that can be compressed a little to fit and then expand to fill the canal. You can can also use any tip that fits the shure e2c on the marshmallow.

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 20
Ah, i should probably mention im in the UK. So Super Fi 3's are £50.

I also feelt like trying something different. Ill take a look at the JVC range more closely as they seem to be mentioned a lot.

Do people have anything bad to say about the Jay's or OVC's seen as no one is recommending them?

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #9 of 20
I found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/OVC-TC20-In-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Now, they might not be 'fake', but generic. If shipping is low then would it be worth it? 'Cos that's only ~£8

[Edit]: I have looked at the MylarOne X3 but from reading around on threads it seems they aren't so good un-amped and i will only be using the down the gym with a shuffle.

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 20
the tc20's are similar to the mylarones.... From what I've been reading, they need an amp to sound good....

While the jvc air cushions don't offer top SQ, they are very comfortable and stay put. I think you;ll like em for using in the gym.

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #11 of 20
x2 on the CX300's IMO they sound really good out of a shuffle, as if they were made for each other.

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #12 of 20
I would avoid the CX300's for the gym unless you are just lifting weights OR have a way to keep the cord still. Microphonics is TERRIBLE on these things...worst I've ever heard!

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 20
tuck them under your shirt and it won't be so bad, or just by a clip from www.etymotic.com

yay for 666th post?

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 20
I would also recommend the marshmallows. I have extremely small ears/canals and they barely fit. I can tell you though, for active use, they're the best budget bud/iem out there if you like bass.

They're a little veiled, but you're not after reference sound, you're just after something decent and cheap that you can get sweaty with and not mind if it snaps in two pieces. I'll also add, they're pretty durable to boot.

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the CX300's IMO they sound really good out of a shuffle, as if they were made for each other.

I would say x3 because I use cx300 and a Shuffle too and they sound great but I can't recommend that stupid J cable to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back