Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe - ending point in my search for a new reference
Sep 10, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #256 of 567
Did you hear it, or do you think you hear ? Any evidence/proofs /rationals of the reality of this process ?
So far I know, nobody has ever been able to proof that, either via blind testing or via measurement...and believe me, we have nowadays instruments that performs well above human hearing capacities !
But as with religion, everybody is free to believe or not....

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #257 of 567
I will not deny that psychology can play a big part when purchasing new audio gear. However, I am in a unique position of being a distributor and I often have two of the exact same pieces of gear side by side. One brand new out of the box and one that I sent out to several reviewers that has accumulated hundreds of hours of use. There is usually a discernible difference. Sometimes it's minor and sometimes it's quite dramatic.
Either you tell us, that statement from arthurpower is a lie, or it seems you are the dogmatic religious fanatic, lucus. Seems you ignore all others findings and are just a boring troll.

Sep 11, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #258 of 567
Nb. If impressions change over time, I will follow up on this post.
Now after 400 hours of playtime, the width and depth of the soundstage has shifted noticeable wider without creating any holes and keeping the performance superbly balanced and technical correct. Also micro dynamics/details are more tangible - all layers have that typical 3D presentation exposing individual timbres. Bass seems to have tighten up. This DAC is sweet!l and punches above my previous reference (I did an A/B test with the Mola Mola Tambaqui)!

Shoutout to @project86 Thanks again for the extensive review in the opening post of this thread. Without it, I would never ever have considered this ChiFi DAC in the first place.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #259 of 567
Either you tell us, that statement from arthurpower is a lie, or it seems you are the dogmatic religious fanatic, lucus. Seems you ignore all others findings and are just a boring troll.

It’s just another random comment from a personally invested distributor, with no testing methodology or measurements provided and no evidence whatsoever.

If a troll is defined as a person of differing opinion to the general brainwashing done here I stand very guilty.

Sep 11, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #260 of 567
@geoffalter11 and @Monsterzero, do either of you still own your Cen.grand DSDAC? I only ask becuase you both were early adopters. I know @project86 still has his but I was curious about you both. No judgments either way of course, just curiosity.

Sep 11, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #261 of 567
@geoffalter11 and @Monsterzero, do either of you still own your Cen.grand DSDAC? I only ask becuase you both were early adopters. I know @project86 still has his but I was curious about you both. No judgments either way of course, just curiosity.
I do not. I have the Matrix X2 Pure. I did not switch because the Super clock was inferior. I did it for space on my desk, and my amps paired a smidge better with the X2 Pure. But, the Super Clock was every bit as good. Just different sonically... A little wetter with rounder transients. The X2 Pure is a bit faster, but the Super Clock is much heavier sounding and amazing in its own right.

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #262 of 567
I never owned the Cen Grand. I had it for a few weeks for a review, and in my system it did not sound great, but in the name of transparency, I had an electrical issue in my chain at the time that I was not aware of so that may have contributed to the unimpressive showing.

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #263 of 567
Exactly right, no harm at all.

I found there is no need to contribute a (marketing) phenomena with how equipment changes over time and accept it as simple brain processing.

A good nights sleep can change the mood and emotion of the music you listen to. Exercise also helps as well as a good diet.

That is true that how you feel, and your mood, and even the time of day affects how your equipment sound, but that does not discount equipment burning in, or breaking in.

I do find that company use that say 300 or 500 hours is a bit ridiculous. I find that there is a change over the first 100 or 150 hours with caps breaking, power supply breaking in, etc.

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #264 of 567
It’s just another random comment from a personally invested distributor, with no testing methodology or measurements provided and no evidence whatsoever.

If a troll is defined as a person of differing opinion to the general brainwashing done here I stand very guilty.

Just because something can’t be measured doesn’t mean there can’t be a difference in sound.

Do you believe in soundstage? How do you measure that? Let me know and get back to me .

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #265 of 567
Wow, been away from the thread and come back to pissing match over burn in. Ah, the difference between the objective and subjective way of looking at this hobby. Personally, I am a subjective thinker. I never look at the measurements. I don’t care. I only care how it sounds to me and how it pairs with my system and headphones. Nothing else matters to me. That being said, I am not sure about burn in. I cannot determine whether or not the changes I hear are my brain adjusting or the equipment adjusting. I know I hear a difference but I can’t logically speak to the differences. I also know that certain things just need the time it takes to fully bias and warm up and they sound at their peak. Whether it takes 250-100,000 hrs to get there is less important to me than knowing that I like something and over time like it even more. I am open to something electrically occurring, just as I am open to it being my brain adapting over time.

But, to fight over it is about as useless as fighting over Fenway and Yankee stadium. Two different logical planes. Same with Pro choice and pro life. How can two people who believe in two different logical planes find common ground?

So, let’s agree that we all like our gear and over time we might just like it more. Maybe my caps are becoming more cappy, or maybe they are just caps and my ears are becoming more acute. Honestly, I don’t give a ****.

:)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #266 of 567
What I can say without a doubt is that Cen.Grand makes mighty fine audio equipment. Worthy of the price and worthy of a intelligent conversation.

Sep 12, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #267 of 567
[Mod comment] Hey everyone, some of the discussion in here has veered away from the original topic of the Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe. Those who would like to continue the general debate of burn-in are welcome to continue doing so in the many threads already dedicated to the topic here on the forums. For this thread, let's please keep any burn-in related discussion related solely to first-hand experiences with the Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe.

Thank you to everyone who has been trying to keep the thread focused on the Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe. Future posts focused on topics other than subjective impressions with the DAC may be removed from the thread.

Happy listening!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #268 of 567
And then there was silence… So @project86 since people only seem to care about burning in discussions, I guess that makes us a very select group who have the privilege to enjoy this master piece ✌️ Cen.grand fanboys unite!!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #270 of 567
CRBN.jpg

Yes the "noise" this thread picked up was pointless and unnecessary, glad to have things back to normal.

Also still having a blast with the DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe and pretty much every amplifier/headphone I throw at it. Missing from the above pic is my stat amp (obviously the Silver Fox can't drive the Audeze CRBN) but you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back