CD3000 gone woody... pics
Apr 27, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #76 of 316
Man, that's an awesome mod! I'd love to have those cans. Speaking of, Larry, would you possibly mod a pair CD3Ks? If so, how much would you like for parts and labor? I'd love to have that done, but I can barely repair a lightbulb
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #79 of 316
Perhaps if you were able to dremel the cups to mirror the shaping of an ampitheater (like the R-10's), Then you wouldn't need any dampening material. The layers deaden the sound (like echobusters), as it passes each section. Sort of like an inverted lobster tail.
Quote "A delicate waveform was carved out of the interior wall, achieving sound expansion and acoustics equivalent to that of a concert hall."

Apr 27, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #80 of 316
Now when will we be adle to order the wooden HD 650 updrade?
biggrin.gif
LOL! This truly is an impressive piece of work. I admire your guts and initiative!

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:06 AM Post #81 of 316
Wow.

I'm inspired to do some woodwork of my own now. Not really for earcups... but I have other projects that are flooding my imagination. My hats off to you for an incredibly cool feat and for setting my creative instinct afire.

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:45 AM Post #82 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by LobsterSan
Wow.

I'm inspired to do some woodwork of my own now. Not really for earcups... but I have other projects that are flooding my imagination. My hats off to you for an incredibly cool feat and for setting my creative instinct afire.

That exactly right! It's very inspiring!! There are many items in my home that are now in grave danger
eek.gif
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #84 of 316
WOW

Not only do they look GREAT, but I'm also impressed that you crafted those with your own hands. Amazing, man, amazing.

I never really liked the look of the 3ks...but yours I could live with
3000smile.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #85 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Perhaps if you were able to dremel the cups to mirror the shaping of an ampitheater (like the R-10's), Then you wouldn't need any dampening material. The layers deaden the sound (like echobusters), as it passes each section. Sort of like an inverted lobster tail.
Quote "A delicate waveform was carved out of the interior wall, achieving sound expansion and acoustics equivalent to that of a concert hall."

Well, I've put my version of this into use in my latest pair of cups, thanks for the idea. I have one done and the other 2/3 finished. These ones have two totally different wood types. Looking forward to how the two pairs compare, looks and soundwise. Most likely will have assembled pics up later today, unless I get side tracked by something else. Stay tuned... Larry

Apr 28, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #86 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Well, I've put my version of this into use in my latest pair of cups, thanks for the idea. I have one done and the other 2/3 finished. These ones have two totally different wood types. Looking forward to how the two pairs compare, looks and soundwise. Most likely will have assembled pics up later today, unless I get side tracked by something else. Stay tuned... Larry

Can't wait too see them and hear further impressions.

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #89 of 316
Wow. Looks like something Ginger and MaryAnn would have to wear after their 3 hour tour (minus the string)!

Apr 28, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #90 of 316
Loved the lobster tail baffles Larry. Another great job. Once you get things down make sure to let us "challenged" folks know if you'll sell a few comercially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back