CD3000 gone woody... pics
Apr 25, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 316
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
This has to rate as one of the most Killer mods out there!!! This is awesome! What a great job!

Totally too cool.
cool.gif

Can't even begin to say enough about it!

You da man!

Congrats
3000smile.gif
(we should turn the smiley's cups brown just for you!)

Apr 25, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #17 of 316
wevy Purdy.
biggrin.gif

Wish #1: Wish I had skills in working with wood or for that matter any DIY projects.

Wish #2: Wish that Sennheiser headphones would come with wooden look as well.

Apr 25, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #18 of 316
Excellent job! They look great! I'd love to hear them. You should try to make it up to the Vancouver / Burnaby meet on the 8th. I think several people would love to hear them.

Cheers!

Trevor

Apr 25, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #20 of 316
I can't add much to what everyone else has posted, but I'm going to post anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Very, very nice looking mod. I love the look of woody headphones, too, but currently only have the W1000s. I bet you would indeed find many takers if you offered this mod to others! (I'm actually in the market for a pair of CD3000s, so I might be one of those 'takers.')

Anyway, enjoy your new, improved - and unique - cans.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Are we all sure that's not just a good photo shop job?

If not, very nice...
biggrin.gif

And if it is, also very nice...
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's real, he's been telling me for a while he planned on doing it, I just can't believe how good looking it turned out! Great work! Now time for an a/b test
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 316
Wow, a Lextek type job! They look great.

Now we all want to know what happens to the sound.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #25 of 316
OMG thats so cool since you live in my area i surly would like to listen to them in comparrison to my stock CD3Ks and tell me more about the type of silver wire you used. Did you also replace the over the head cord with silver?

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #26 of 316
I know for a fact that the upgrade cable improves the sound of a CD3000 sound. It does help tame the treble harshness, while preserving all of the detail, and the bass has more authority. I did it a while back on an old pair with some high quality litz wire, IMO I believe almost any other formula using high quality copper, silver plated copper, or pure silver would produce 'better' results than the stock cable does.

It's speculation on my part, however I believe the solid wooden cups would help reinforce the sound better that the flexable stock cups with that 'donut' foam.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #27 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by itza2mer
I know for a fact that the upgrade cable improves the sound of a CD3000 sound. It does help tame the treble harshness, while preserving all of the detail, and the bass has more authority. I did it a while back on an old pair with some high quality litz wire, IMO I believe almost any other formula using high quality copper, silver plated copper, or pure silver would produce 'better' results than the stock cable does.

I also concur with your findings. Recabling my CD3K's made the treble smoother, with a bit more bass punch.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #29 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
*sends cd3k's to larry*

First of all, excellent mods!! Can you offer this mods to other CD3k owners?

Thanks,
Purk

Apr 25, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #30 of 316
Great job and workmanship although I don't like the esthetics. It's just personal choice. Do you have any other woods to choose from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back