CD to FLAC and M4A to FLAC
Mar 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 61
The website Majorgeek is full of free programs and I'm sure several of them are good rippers.
I'm not into ripping, so have no idea which program to recommend.

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 61
  Simple question, I am wondering what you all use to rip a CD to FLAC? I don't care if it's free or not, a good ripper is all I am looking for.

I use MediaMonkey as a ripper and media player. When I rip CDs I still check the tags manually - it can check for them online but there are times when it can't find my music or I just prefer manually tagging them, like if I had a multi-disc live recording they all auto-label these as Albumname_discX then each gets its own tracks numbered 1 to X. I prefer such albums tagged as only AlbumName, then tracks numbered from 1 to 28 for example, so if I play Track 1 it goes all the way to the end of the second disc on a smartphone or DAP.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 61
  Simple question, I am wondering what you all use to rip a CD to FLAC? I don't care if it's free or not, a good ripper is all I am looking for.

Thank you,

dbPoweramp is a great ripping utility.  It also comes with a batch converter which will make converting all those m4a files to FLAC easy.  I love the AccurateRip feature...

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #12 of 61
I couldn't find and EAC download that wasn't full of crapware? I'm using media monkey now, seems to be pretty solid. I have hundreds of CDs that I'm ripping so it's going to take some time lol.

I think this is where I got it from (can't remember for certain): http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back