Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #2,074 of 2,133
I did buy a powerbank to use with my iphone and ru7. Its a bit largish but I think it will work out. I did notice that strangely not all usb cables work to charge the phone (if I hav eth epowerbank might as well use it for that too) so hoping that it works with the cb19nwhen it arrives. Fingers crossed.
Those unit failures are worrysome imho. The unit does get fairly hot. No issues so far but I use it inconsistently at the moment.
I had to buy it from hifigo because was not easily available here in Nl so hope that I am good if something arises, frown.
Thanks for all the good info in this thread! Much appreciated
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #2,075 of 2,133
I just wondered about something. You have to adjust th evolume on an iphone (the device that i primarily use the ru 7 with) independantly to the ru7s. So I maximize that and use the volume on the amp.
BUT are you able to maximize the volume on the iphone to its full potential when an usb dacamp is connected.
Because I think the iphone sees it as a headphone and does then not come stuff like hearing protection into play.
Curious if anyone knows more about this
Thanks in advance
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #2,076 of 2,133
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #2,077 of 2,133
I just wondered about something. You have to adjust th evolume on an iphone (the device that i primarily use the ru 7 with) independantly to the ru7s. So I maximize that and use the volume on the amp.
BUT are you able to maximize the volume on the iphone to its full potential when an usb dacamp is connected.
Because I think the iphone sees it as a headphone and does then not come stuff like hearing protection into play.
Curious if anyone knows more about this
Thanks in advance
Greetings, Anouk,
Hi,

I,ve also ru7 and I use with iphone 15 device. You can volume control only in dac-amp. the iphone cannot adjust the volume control.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #2,078 of 2,133
Mine should be here tomorrow

Got an email back from them that it has been shipped and should be able to track it in a few days. But I did get the money back for express shipping. So hopefully they still sent it express albeit a bit late.
I sent my email to the wrong email address at first order instead of service at ibasso dot com.
So hopefully mine will be here in a weeks time
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #2,079 of 2,133
@Shanling does monitor the thread, so maybe they can comment.

Please note that usually those who don’t have issues don’t post that they don’t have problems, while those who do have issues are more likely to post about their problems. Combine this with confirmation bias - the tendency to relate to / believe data or observations that conform to what you believe - and the result could be that small issues could appear to be large to those experiencing those problems… I am not saying there isn’t a bigger problem, just saying it is hard to draw a conclusion.
I have had absolutely no trouble with my RU7, none of the noises which some people seem to think are par for the course, and no connection difficulties, other than the fact that half of my lightning to USB C cables don’t work, and there is no need for me to repeat that mistake.

I don't want to be dismissive towards anyone who has problems with what is an expensive dongle, maybe I'm just lucky that my Samsung phone and iPad are compatible, maybe there are quality control issues ay Cayin, but this thread is starting to read like the RU7 is a lemon, and it ain't necessarily so.

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #2,080 of 2,133
I have had absolutely no trouble with my RU7, none of the noises which some people seem to think are par for the course, and no connection difficulties, other than the fact that half of my lightning to USB C cables don’t work, and there is no need for me to repeat that mistake.

I don't want to be dismissive towards anyone who has problems with what is an expensive dongle, maybe I'm just lucky that my Samsung phone and iPad are compatible, maybe there are quality control issues ay Cayin, but this thread is starting to read like the RU7 is a lemon, and it ain't necessarily so.
Do you have or use Roon ? I'm not talking about streaming via Roon ARC but direct Roon Nucleus --> Ideon 3R USB Reclocker --> Ru7 --> McIntosh preamp. When the RU7 is used this way as desktop via the balanced line out , I'm getting constant distortion whenever there is a change in sample rate. I'm not the only one. This seems to be a known issue for Roon users on the desktop. I'm not sure why they created a line out feature but not taken this issue into account.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #2,081 of 2,133
No I don't have Roon. I mostly use USB Audio Player Pro with a Samsung A53, no clicks. I occasionally use an iPad, I don't recall any clicking with that either. I usually listen to albums though, so sample rate changes are infrequent. When I first got the RU7 I used balanced line out with a Topping G5 quite often with no issues, since I got more gear in December, I've only used the Cayin directly into IEMs.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #2,084 of 2,133
Qobuz/Local files >> Audirvana >> Cayin RU7 >> KZ ZS10 Pro X =Sublime.

Qobuz/Local files >> Audirvana >> Cayin RU7 (LO) >> ifi Zen CAN >> Monolith M1060 = Sublime.

Truth is, the RU7 synergises well with all of my IEMs and full sized cans = one of the best dongles ever 🎧▶️🎵🎶👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back