Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Sep 1, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #1,786 of 1,977
  Have you tried a hardware reset?

Yes. It didn't make any difference. My N6 is now in a drawer since it is very frustrating to use. i have purchased the Shanling M5 and have been very impressed. i still love the sound quality of the N6 and I hope that I can pay a reasonable price to get the battery issue fixed by Cayin. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,787 of 1,977
Hi Andy,

I am getting about 2 hours of continuous battery life now. The meter doesn't really move for the first hour and a half, then quickly drains to 0 in the final half hour. It has gotten to a point where I cannot use the DAP outside of my house due to the need to frequently charge the unit. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I would really like to send the unit to Cayin for an assessment. 

This is really strange, your N6 battery duration went down from 7 hours to 2 hours within 2 weeks, this is very abnormal indeed.

Since your N6 has expired warranty service already, I'll have to find out the cost and procedure involved in repairing your N6, I believe the logistic cost will be the biggest chuck in the bill. I'll send you a PM for more detail, I need your location and the serial number of the N6.

Don't worry, Cayin will stand by its product, we'll find a way to resolve the problem for you. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 2, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,789 of 1,977
With great pleasure, we would like to announce MusicTeck from New Jersey as our new US authorized seller. They will carry the complete Personal Audio products from Cayin, including the N6 DAP. We have dispatched their first order already and Musicteck will update their website as soon as they have received our products. US customers who are interested in N6 DAP can contact Musicteck for more detail. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 2, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,790 of 1,977
Hi guys,

Anyone here have tried using the N6 as a USB DAC? How does it perform compared other portable DACs?

Thanks

I haven't been able to get it working on my windows 10 PC :frowning2: . I have however tried using it as a source, with the lineout connected to my amp instead of my usual PC->ODAC chain. Comparing the two at least, I find the N6 a little more 'full' sounding (and probably less fatiguing for extra long listening sessions like I have been spending with it), but apart from that I couldn't really tell much of a difference when i (just now) A/Bed them. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,791 of 1,977
I haven't been able to get it working on my windows 10 PC :frowning2: . I have however tried using it as a source, with the lineout connected to my amp instead of my usual PC->ODAC chain. Comparing the two at least, I find the N6 a little more 'full' sounding (and probably less fatiguing for extra long listening sessions like I have been spending with it), but apart from that I couldn't really tell much of a difference when i (just now) A/Bed them. 

Thanks

It helps quite a bit.

Anyone else?

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,792 of 1,977
Finally pulled the trigger and bought myself the N6.
I've noticed that this is a clean sounding/quite bright DAP and maybe not everyone's cup of tea. But detail retrievals are among the best I've ever heard and what struck me the most is the bass!
I've never heard a DAP that controls the bass as good as the N6! My Flat4 Sui was bass-neutral/light but with the N6 it changes quite drastically.

Anyway, since in my opinion this is a rather bright DAP, may I know what IEMs or headphones that you guys use with the N6?
I imagine that most of you use a neutral-to-warm IEMs/headphones? Any recommendation for the best synergy?

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #1,793 of 1,977
Finally pulled the trigger and bought myself the N6.
I've noticed that this is a clean sounding/quite bright DAP and maybe not everyone's cup of tea. But detail retrievals are among the best I've ever heard and what struck me the most is the bass!
I've never heard a DAP that controls the bass as good as the N6! My Flat4 Sui was bass-neutral/light but with the N6 it changes quite drastically.

Anyway, since in my opinion this is a rather bright DAP, may I know what IEMs or headphones that you guys use with the N6?
I imagine that most of you use a neutral-to-warm IEMs/headphones? Any recommendation for the best synergy?

ie800,jh angie

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #1,795 of 1,977
Can the N6 connect to the Mojo ?

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,797 of 1,977
Sep 7, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #1,799 of 1,977
Thxs, coaxl goes in line out from the n6 ?

What? No, never. Coaxial is a digital interface and should use the separate coaxial output jack.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,800 of 1,977

Users who are viewing this thread

Back