Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Feb 1, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,607 of 1,977
id also like to know about a case and will the N6 drive a pair of senn hd650?  I also have a Cayin C5 amp and an Oppo HA2 amp would thses be needed if i got a pair of the 650s?

N6 can drive the HD650 to very loud level, but far from satisfactory, I'll recommend you add C5 into the chain.

:beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 1, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,608 of 1,977
Hi Andy,i'm glad to see the company still supporting N6,however the link gives me a connection error each time i try to download.Is there an alternative link?Cheers

The new firmware probably won't boost any sales in N6, but we simply cannot ignore the need and expectation of N6 community. N6 is a milestone product in Cayin's venture to personal audio, we certainly will treasure this support group to the last possible minute.

Unfortunately we don't have a mirror site setup. I have tested the connection yesterday night (12 hours ago) and the connection is quite stable, so I assume it is a short-term delays with cross-Pacific connections.

If the problem remain unchanged, you can try the following direct download link, but please read the firmware announcement post again if you were to download from this link directly because you have by-passed the description and warning page before you proceed to firmware upgrade.

http://en.cayin.cn/Explain/N6%20FW4.0.rar

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #1,609 of 1,977
andy where can i buy the screen protector for cayin n6 or leather case for it? thanks and happy chinese new year to you

N6 doesn't have an official leather case, there are a couple of choice in taobao but none is attractive enough for us to adopt as official accessories.

The screen protector is cheap, we occasionally give that away to local customers at events/exhibitions, but it'll difficult for oversee customer as the mailing cost will be fairly high. Maybe we can attach a few screen protector to your local dealers when they order N6 again, and you can collect the screen protector from them in person?

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,611 of 1,977
Hi @Andykong i have upgraded the firmware and may have found an issue, when turning the player off it looses its point in the song and is acting like its not played and has just updated the music library.

I have the breakpoint resume on and all the setting the same as i did before upgrading.  Not sure if this is an issue 

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #1,612 of 1,977
yeah that is a good idea...then we can get it from the local distributor as value added service :)

Lets see what I can do after our Chinese New Year holiday, will try, but can't promise as this is subject to the service of local distributor. :beerchug:

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,613 of 1,977
Hi @Andykong
 i have upgraded the firmware and may have found an issue, when turning the player off it looses its point in the song and is acting like its not played and has just updated the music library.

I have the breakpoint resume on and all the setting the same as i did before upgrading.  Not sure if this is an issue 

Is this an one-off instance and you keep running into the same problem after you turn on-off the player? Did you try to reset the player with the reset pin in the bottom of the player?

Occasional the player might confused its operational status when there is some issues in the upgrade, this can be rectified by reset the machine, or in the worst case, repeat the upgrade process again. If you run into the above problem repeatedly, I suggest you install the upgrade firmware again. If this is an one-off instance, just reset the player once and you should be fine. :beerchug:

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,614 of 1,977
  andy where can i buy the screen protector for cayin n6 or leather case for it? thanks and happy chinese new year to you

there is a customizable leather case from aliexpress though it's quite bulky for N6

so basically you choose what type of leather you want and embossing (if necessary) and they'll make it as requested

@Andykong owning my N6 close to a year I would love to have some additional screen protector too

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,615 of 1,977
Is this an one-off instance and you keep running into the same problem after you turn on-off the player? Did you try to reset the player with the reset pin in the bottom of the player?

Occasional the player might confused its operational status when there is some issues in the upgrade, this can be rectified by reset the machine, or in the worst case, repeat the upgrade process again. If you run into the above problem repeatedly, I suggest you install the upgrade firmware again. If this is an one-off instance, just reset the player once and you should be fine.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Andy its happening every time player is turned off.  I have done the update again from the direct link and still the same.   A song will be playing, turn player off, turn player on and back to home screen with nothing in now playing go into this and take me to the music menu.

Is anyone else getting this?

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #1,616 of 1,977
Thanks Andy its happening every time player is turned off.  I have done the update again from the direct link and still the same.   A song will be playing, turn player off, turn player on and back to home screen with nothing in now playing go into this and take me to the music menu.

Is anyone else getting this?

In this case, maybe you should flash the player back to V3.1, I'll seek advice from supporting engineer regarding this problem. Unfortunately I won't be able to proceed until 2 weeks later, will follow up the case as soon as possible.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,617 of 1,977
there is a customizable leather case from aliexpress though it's quite bulky for N6

so basically you choose what type of leather you want and embossing (if necessary) and they'll make it as requested

@Andykong
owning my N6 close to a year I would love to have some additional screen protector too

Indeed there are a few choices from aliexpress or taobao, but they are based on generic design, so are kind of bulky and thick, I have bought one to check out but it was laying somewhere in the bottom of the drawer now.

Will contact you when I figure out what I can do with the screen protector. From what I recalled, N6 comes with a spare screen protector in its original packing, check that out if you still have the box around.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,619 of 1,977
@Andykong I'm having trouble trying to update the firmware to 4.0 .... Downloaded the file from the Cayin website, unrarred it, turned off the N6, put the file "N6.fw" on a Micro Sd card, pushed simultaneously the volume up (+) and power button, but the player doesn't seem to want to go into update mode. I kept pushing the 2 buttons, and after the welcome screen, after a bit, player shows the volume control thing without the volume actually moving. When I take fingers off buttons, player shuts down (it seems to intepret my keeping power pushed as "turn off"). Player works well with my usual music card (card I'm using to update is an otherwise empty Sandisk 64 Gb Micro Sd card).

I already tried:

- redownloading the firmware
- reformatting the card, both in the player and on a Mac to FAT32

Any ideas on what to try to make the player actually enter update mode?

To tell the truth, I'm perfectly happy with FW 3.1, so even if I won't be able to update is not the end of the world... but it bothers the perfectionist in me:) (and one day there may a new FW with features I actually do care about, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back