Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Jun 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #76 of 2,546
  I was looking for a Cayin N6 that had been on a diet, but gained an extra card slot and maybe OTG.
Hopefully the N5 will keep the N6's 3 separate output jacks and DSD passthrough over coax.
Internal power sufficient for IEMs but still keeping the expansion options is sure to be a winner.

Edit: USB 3.0 will make up for any lack of OTG...

Some of the features mentioned so far make the N5 look like a game-changer...

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #77 of 2,546
Everything about this dap sounds good except for 2.5mm for balanced, ugh. How bout lets all blindy follow AK's stupid idea because it makes our daps look similar to the uber expensive AK's? Not cool. Make it 3.5mm.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #79 of 2,546
  Everything about this dap sounds good except for 2.5mm for balanced, ugh. How bout lets all blindy follow AK's stupid idea because it makes our daps look similar to the uber expensive AK's? Not cool. Make it 3.5mm.

+1 for 3.5mm instead of 2.5mm for balanced

I'd rather they optimise the amp section for single ended and lost the balanced outputs altogether.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #80 of 2,546

I'd rather they optimise the amp section for single ended and lost the balanced outputs altogether.

+1

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #81 of 2,546
Sorry guys, but I'm not really following the argument about 2.5mm balanced being inferior.  I have HM700 with 3.5mm balanced output and AK120ii with 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm regular.  I can ONLY use RE400B which came bundled with HM700 since this is the only balanced wired 3.5mm iem I have, and there hardly any 3.5mm balanced cables with mmcx connector for all my other IEMs.  On the other hand, because of A&K (either we like it or hate it) there are hundreds of aftermarket cables with 2.5mm balanced and mmcx connectors, anything from cheap silver plated, pure copper, pure silver, silver/gold, etc.  I have close to a dozen of replacement cables and 2.5mm connectors are as sturdy as 3.5mm connectors.  Also, you obviously can't use all those current 3.5mm TRRS cables for balanced applications since those are wired for in-line remote.  So, why no love for 2.5mm cable beside hate for A&K overpriced daps? :wink:  Besides, now we can use a budget quality dap (N5) with all these already available 2.5mm balanced cables.

Regarding amp design of single ended vs balanced, I don't believe they are going to compromise anything.

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #82 of 2,546
I'm not a fan of the 2.5 mm either. I'd prefer rsa type connector. Twister6-You are right about the selection of aftermarket cables, ton of them out for the 2.5...but plenty for rsa too. Regardless, this DAP has caught my attention for sure.

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #84 of 2,546
  You guys are jokes...I'm actually hoping that they keep to a similar design. It's different for sure. But maybe this time a full circular screen :D??

Or an Android based Cayin DAP would be money. I do a lot of streaming, so that would be perfect. 

99 percent of my music listening is from streaming services, so most affordable DAPs are no go for me as I don't have much music offline. I would love to be able to get a mid range DAP with an android OS, would be epic

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #85 of 2,546
There's so many new DAPs on the market that I'm losing track of things!

Subbed to this thread. Was planning on buying the Paw 5000, but I think I'll hold that purchase till Cayin releases this. Had the pleasure of hearing the N6 and loved it but was looking for something cheaper and more portable.

Is there a tentative release date yet? 

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #87 of 2,546
Cayin, please make this sound like the C5!!!

Thank you for your suggestion, CAYIN is the highest standard in sound companies, in the past 22 years, we have been so dry.

Therefore, any product CAYIN here, there is a relatively long process, this process is to adjust the sound. It is only when we believe it is ready in the sound, and we will make this product really in the marketplace .C5 appear so, N6, too, so many products are the future.

And I have begun distribution of some products and some products planning underway, CAYIN has enough strength and human resources to ensure the commencement of multiple projects simultaneously, before, perhaps CAYIN was a new face, because once we are not here. I I hope there will be more people understand and realize CAYIN will create more products for the headphone enthusiasts.

Not only portable, including a desktop.

THX.

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #88 of 2,546
Yes,a new face here on Head-Fi...I do remember Cayin from almost 15 when they were making a few tube amps and i think even class a amps for 

the home!

Cayin has been around for many years...you can also see this by the professional way the audiophiles are treated...

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #90 of 2,546

I have a number of Cayin amps, both portable and desktop, tube and solid state and I enjoy them all. Great products at a good price from a company that seems to care about it's customers. Welcome Cayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back