Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #766 of 2,546
I like this better, slim and tidy, any comment?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 9, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #767 of 2,546
where is the best place to buy this? I only know penonaudio and shenzhenaudio.

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #770 of 2,546
Still a long way my friends, we have more or less finalized the design, so one more round prototype will do the job, then we have to figure out the sales channel while we wait for the production.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #771 of 2,546
Andykong

Since the side buttons are small, it is a little tricky for me to control them even through silicone case.
What about this leather case ?
How sensitive is this prototype case's space for volume buttons ?
Can the pushing one affect the other ?

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #773 of 2,546
One thing that is annoying about the Cayin is that if I improperly tag a file and want to change it, it won't let me.

I cannot delete the file and put the properly tagged one in.  It just says "File Deletion Failed" (it won't let me delete files period even though it has a trash button????) if I do it on the player.  
And when I delete the file manually from the SD card, it STILL shows up.

Whats going on?

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #774 of 2,546
DJVenomSnake: After manually deleting the file using your computer, do you re-scan the card into the N5's database? I'm betting the N5's database just isn't updated, which means you still see the file even though it isn't really on the card. Manually updating the N5's database should solve the problem.

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #776 of 2,546
I'm trying to figure out how it's still able to play the song even when the file is deleted on the card?  That's crazy to me??

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #778 of 2,546
Huh, that's really weird
blink.gif

Hopefully @Andykong can help then...

It is very strange.  You'd think deleting the file all together would solve the issue.

The only way i've been able to rectify this issue is by reformatting the card all together.

Just takes a lot of time just to get ONE song tagged properly.

@Andykong and company's help would be appreciated.

But other than that....amazing player.

EDIT:  I'm going to try "erasing the free space" on the micro sd  but i'm guessing that won't solve it either

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #779 of 2,546
  I'm trying to figure out how it's still able to play the song even when the file is deleted on the card?  That's crazy to me??

OOOOOOOOO. Ghost songs. Just in time for Halloween

Just tossing a hunch. Can you do updates without the cards inserted? The Fiio players occasionally will still show deleted songs in the library. If you do an update without cards, it kinda initialises the DB. Might be the same situation for the N5

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #780 of 2,546

Are you on a mac? If you manually delete the file on the card (not through the plater interface) then you need to empty the trash before ejecting the card or else you may get ghost files remaining which could confuse the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back