Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 7, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #916 of 3,742
Have to agree. DSD playback on the i5 is quite outstanding. :)

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #917 of 3,742
The depends where you are located. We can sell the battery to customer and provide the instruction to replace the battery, will involve simple ironing skill, you can find local friends or paid repair technician to do this for your. The problem is a number of countries (or service provider) has stopped taking Lithium battery on plane, making it very difficult to send the battery to you.

By the way, N6 was released at December 2014, the battery duration of N7 is around 7 hours, meaning the charging cycle of N6 will likely be 2:3 ratio when compare to i5 (ie., when an i5 charged once, the N6 need to charge TWICE), but in the past 18 months or so, we never receive any battery failure report, so the battery in our DAP is relatively reliable.

This type of reply from the manufacturer gives me a lot of confidence in their products. The i5 is on my radar and as soon as they are available in my country Im gonna give them a try. A&K has a lot to learn!

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #920 of 3,742
Have to agree. DSD playback on the i5 is quite outstanding.
smily_headphones1.gif

How is MP3/ACC/FLAC playback?

(I currently use DX80 and DX90, so SQ should be better than these for a shiny new player... I am currently looking at the Cayin i5, Soundaware Esther M1 Pro and maybe the DX200 should it be released soon enough)

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #921 of 3,742
I have only tried flac. Other than DSD. I don't have any mp3s. Flac playback was good.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #922 of 3,742
The depends where you are located. We can sell the battery to customer and provide the instruction to replace the battery, will involve simple ironing skill, you can find local friends or paid repair technician to do this for your. The problem is a number of countries (or service provider) has stopped taking Lithium battery on plane, making it very difficult to send the battery to you.

By the way, N6 was released at December 2014, the battery duration of N7 is around 7 hours, meaning the charging cycle of N6 will likely be 2:3 ratio when compare to i5 (ie., when an i5 charged once, the N6 need to charge TWICE), but in the past 18 months or so, we never receive any battery failure report, so the battery in our DAP is relatively reliable.

So the i5 can be opened up easily and the battery is not somewhere hidden under a bunch of PCB boards and glued in...? That would be a BIG plus on my side.

What are the specs of the battery?

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #923 of 3,742

(I currently use DX80 and DX90, so SQ should be better than these for a shiny new player... I am currently looking at the Cayin i5, Soundaware Esther M1 Pro and maybe the DX200 should it be released soon enough)

You should add Cayin N5 and Shanling M5 to your list :thumbsup:

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #925 of 3,742
My player time showed 30:00 again
blink.gif
I noticed this when I wanted to connect the player to my iMac and was again not recognised in storage mode.
Tried to do a factory wipe but still remained the same this time for the 30:00 playtime bug. Storage mode transfer works now.

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #926 of 3,742

I only had 1 day to test i5. From that short experience, comparing with my DX90 for flac (PCM) playback, I would say i5 is about on par with DX90 if not slightly better. DX90 is a great player, not many new players compete well with DX90 for SQ, and i5 competes well with DX90 for PCM playback. But for DSD playback, no fight, Cayin i5 sound way better. DSD playback on i5, to my ears, sounds better than the PCM playback.

I hope one day I could have it longer to get better impression. i5 is definitely on my radar when looking for another DAP.

Yea, I couldn't find the windows driver as well, so couldn't test the USB DAC function. Curious.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #929 of 3,742
Thank you for your reply, Andy, that's a relief to hear it ) Also could you please clear up the WIFI bit for me, as I read earlier in the discussion that before supplying i5 to Europe you need to obtain WIFI certificates or somethin like that. Will the Chinese version work not in China wifi wise? Thank you.

The WiFi authentication is transparent to users, it is an administrative procedure, not a technical barrier, so you won't run into the non-compliance problem among different countries on the WiFi issue.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #930 of 3,742
Hi, I just update to i5. I downloaded both links. Google mirror link is fine with correct size but the original link give me only 165mb.. So maybe you guys can try to download from the mirror link on google drive.

I think since in the beginning, there is bug when playing some songs. I thought at first, maybe by accident i press the button. But this happen again with the new firmware. Anyone experience this problem too? So the problem is sometimes the song stop playing all of the sudden.

Not sure if I catch your problem completely. We have received reports regarding the player will stop at end of song and fail to move onto next song. We are working on this and is expected to rectify the situation in next firmware update, hopefully available within one month from now. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back