Cavalli Liquid Gold
Oct 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #332 of 415

Here's a picture......................

I am also using Shun Mook Diamond Resonators, highly recommended!!!

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #334 of 415
So, IF we purchase a LAu from this point on, it will come with 2x1/4" and 1x4-pin xlr, correct? I'm a bit slow on these things.

there are 3 output jacks

1 x 4 pin balanced
2 x dual xlr/trs plugs - this is for left / right 3-pin balanced and also has the ability to take stereo TRS for single ended headphone connections. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #335 of 415
Very tempted by the Liquid Gold, but...still hesitating with the RaySamuel's DarkStar and ..EddieCurrent Balancing Act !

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #338 of 415
  Very tempted by the Liquid Gold, but...still hesitating with the RaySamuel's DarkStar and ..EddieCurrent Balancing Act !

I'm struggling with this too.... LAu vs ECBA.... if only I have the fund and space for both!

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #339 of 415
Very different amps I'd say. BA can be rolled for one. I feel like the LAu is very much for people that just want to hit power and forget about the rest.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #341 of 415
Does anyone have any experience or can comment on how sensitive the LAu is to power supply pollution? I live in an area where the supply voltage is quite horrible - we're talking welding machines, grinding wheels, etc. So I was wondering whether I should get something like a PS Audio PP3 or even PP5 before something like an LAu.

p.s. It may be my imagination, but my PWD and mjolnir sound infinitely better at night, which gave me this idea.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #342 of 415
If at all possible, I would look into a dedicated circuit instead straight from a breaker box versus power conditioning.....adding something like a Shunyata (my personal fav because of how it looks...not necessary thinking it makes any huge difference) Hydra should come secondary.  This ensures the cleanest uninterrupted power without random voltage drops from other devices.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #343 of 415
  If at all possible, I would look into a dedicated circuit instead straight from a breaker box versus power conditioning.....adding something like a Shunyata (my personal fav because of how it looks...not necessary thinking it makes any huge difference) Hydra should come secondary.  This ensures the cleanest uninterrupted power without random voltage drops from other devices.

Thanks :) It's already on one of those things - a separate breaker box just for my gear. Still I had noise issues with my mojo stack. Had to add an isolation transformer to get rid of the random, intermittent buzzing. Thought I had it sussed, until last night when I noticed quite a remarkable difference between day and night time listening.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #344 of 415
Remember also, Giving your ears a chance to recover after traveling or watching tv with the sound turned up also makes a big difference.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #345 of 415
  Does anyone have any experience or can comment on how sensitive the LAu is to power supply pollution? I live in an area where the supply voltage is quite horrible - we're talking welding machines, grinding wheels, etc. So I was wondering whether I should get something like a PS Audio PP3 or even PP5 before something like an LAu.

p.s. It may be my imagination, but my PWD and mjolnir sound infinitely better at night, which gave me this idea.

Do you have huge Voltage swings in your area or is it just dirty power.....

From what you have described about the system sounding better late at night, I would think it would be the latter. For dirty lines, personally, I prefer passive power conditioners as active ones clean up the sound too much, sounding impressive initially but ultimately artificial.

In my circumstances, adding a passive power conditioner help with the Cavalli LAu. Besides the usual, larger soundstage, tighter more resolving bass, better dynamics both on a macro and micro level, cleaner, weightier highs.....

The best test is to listen out to vocalist's vibrato. Before cleaning out dirty electricity lines, you would think you were listening to single tone notes sang, but once everything is cleaned up in the bass region, you will realize that many vocalist uses a lot of vibrato. Once you have attain this, then you will hear a proper resolving bass with fast leading edges, good body and decay...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back