Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV
Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #91 of 102
The Liquid Gold is sold out. Any idea when a next production run will take place ?

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #92 of 102
There should be one or two units that we can make after assess how many assemblies are left over from this run. After that, they will be available again in the Fall.

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #93 of 102
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I will PM u.

Regards,
Joe Ling

Apr 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #94 of 102
I'm usually a huge fan of Head Fi TV, but the first half of this just felt like a commercial.

Opinions of it aside, what's the actual rough headcount of people on here who have the Abyss headset? I've seen maybe 5?

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #95 of 102
Diminishing Returns...

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #98 of 102
Say gents, while I'm here...

I was in downtown Austin the other day, near the Capitol. This part of Austin is mixed residential and small office. Most of the offices are homes converted into small offices. Parking is in the old driveways or cleared off lots. Spaces are almost always assigned so that everyone has a guaranteed spot. Parking stops are painted with names. Places like this are all over the country.

As I walked through one of these little lots, one that I've been through many times, there was a new tenant. And here's what was on the concrete parking barrier:

Honest......

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #101 of 102
Yes.  The reflection seems to be that dealerships that were primarily for two channel and HT customers are do a very poor job of selling high end headphone gear and a product in the headphone sphere would do just fine not having to mark itself up to account for the crazy dealer markup.

They also just sold out their fourth run so it seems customers like them, although I'm sure those who bought at $6500 were not happy when their amps devalued.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #102 of 102
As Radio_head noted and Alex posted previously in the LAu thread , the cost came down but the quality has stayed the same or even improved due to improved manufacture process..dB

Hello folks. We have sold out of our fourth run of Liquid Gold amps. Thanks to everyone who decided to buy one. 
smile.gif

The next run will open soon for deposits. First delivery is tentatively scheduled for August. This is a little longer than our normal cycle because we are currently producing the Liquid Crimson and Liquid Lightning amps. AND, we've got some cool stuff in the works to be shown at CanJam LA. I am pretty stoked about these new projects.

Also, occasionally we get a question about the price drop last year, asking if the components or build were reduced in quality to achieve this. The answer is no. We simply changed our business model so that we no longer sell through dealers except in very special and rare circumstances.

Cavalli Amps do not use boutique components to achieve their sound signature. Thus, it is not necessary to buy really expensive components and it isn't necessary to skimp and buy cheap ones. We use commonly available, good quality components such as Vishay resistors, Panasonic and Nichicon electrolytics, Wima film capacitors, Cardas Jacks, Neutrik jacks, TKD volume pots, Fairchild/OnSemi/IRF semiconductors, etc.

The components in the audio sections of the last LAu that was sold are identical to the first LAu made. The only real differences in the amps are small tweaks in the mechanical design and other board changes for better quality manufacturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back