Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #332 of 1,195
  Will this amp finally make Taylor Swift songs worth listening to?

Makes the appearance appear fuller, richer, riper, more rounded! Just realized how Freudian that sounds
rolleyes.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #333 of 1,195

I really don't like speculating mixes with equipment I've not heard, but DEFINITELY. You just need to get the right headphones.

I've already contacted a few cable manufacturers to look into getting my pair recabled. 

Sweet! Now I got everything I need to get the full experience out of my DSD512 Taylor Swift tracks. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #335 of 1,195

Makes the appearance appear fuller, richer, riper, more rounded! Just realized how Freudian that sounds
rolleyes.gif

You just described Diana Krall. Again, I must say my marriage proposal to Ms Krall is still on the table and I am way better looking than Elvis Costello, but don't have the British accent unfortunately.

Sooooo. 3 months and 29 days more of waiting on the deliveries of the LC and we fill this thread with banter until then.

Dr. Cavalli probably just exclaimed "OMG, what have I unleashed?????"

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #336 of 1,195
  Is this amp being built in the USA? If so, that's fantastic. I somehow thought that for the price it would have to be built overseas.

Hmm, I don't know, that is an interesting question. That price for this amp does not mean it has to be built overseas. Look at Schiit, every one of their items from the $79 Fulla, $100 Magni to the highest priced unit (whichever one that is) are all built in the U.S. by hand! So, yes, it can be done.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #337 of 1,195
Apr 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #339 of 1,195

You just described Diana Krall. Again, I must say my marriage proposal to Ms Krall is still on the table and I am way better looking than Elvis Costello, but don't have the British accent unfortunately.

Sooooo. 3 months and 29 days more of waiting on the deliveries of the LC and we fill this thread with banter until then.

Oh we have many topics to pick apart, over the next four months:

• cable material
• power cables
• weather the XLR will sound better then the RSA
• DAC debates

....and on and on

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #340 of 1,195

Yes. That about sums it up.
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #341 of 1,195
Apr 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #343 of 1,195
Oh we have many topics to pick apart, over the next four months:

• cable material
• power cables
• weather the XLR will sound better then the RSA
• DAC debates

....and on and on

Cable material should preferrably be solid gold.

But I've actually been meaning to ask this. Does the amp come with a power cord, or will we have to provide our own?

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #344 of 1,195
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #345 of 1,195

You agree that I'm better looking than Elvis Costello? I may have to buy another amp!

Everyone is better looking than Elvis Costello! 

I saw him at Jones Beach in the early '80's and a large percentage of young ladies attending, wore mini-mini-skirts. 
How did they all know? We didn't even have email yet!

This thread exemplifies one of the great aspects of the Head-Fi hobby. "The thrill of the chase"! 

Truly thrilling 
smile.gif
. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back