Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 6, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #511 of 2,737
Initial impression..

Sounds like the bass and treble are having a fight over a girl and the midrange is trying desperately to break it up.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cascade-headphone-by-campfire-audio.871210/page-18#post-14043608

My early findings.

Trying now with the PS4 and Victor SU-DH1 for something different

C9EDFB62-4495-4B0C-9F5E-62F064FDE5E9.jpeg

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #512 of 2,737
Just joined team Cascade today!

One question and buggered if I can find it - the included cable has a blue and a red tip - which goes into which side ?

On the camp view site is looks like photos have red on left and blue on right but I’ve seen pictures on the forum the other way round as well?

Welcome Ed!
Nice having you here - you turned me onto Market Samurai back in the day. Never did find a profitable niche but I had a ton of fun. Glad you like the Cascades - I've decided life is too short to listen to less than amazing music :)

Enjoy

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #513 of 2,737
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cascade-headphone-by-campfire-audio.871210/page-18#post-14043608

My early findings.

Trying now with the PS4 and Victor SU-DH1 for something different

I'm curious to know how good these are for gaming! The Z1R are perfect for most games, but not enough bite (at the top end) for shooters and such. Luckily, they will be here tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough.

I'll be hearing these with my DX200 as well. My balanced cable (from Impact Audio) won't be until next week though and I sold my AMP3, but I have AMP4. Will be using AMP5 for SE in the meantime.

Mar 6, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #514 of 2,737
The excitement is real. This headphone is legit. Vega lovers should submit their application immediately.

I could not be more proud of myself. I waited an entire month before ordering these and after the first listen I regret wasting so much time listening to headphones that were not the Cascade.
The course of my morning has changed just to listen longer and now my afternoon is in jeopardy. I canceled a couple meetings, skipped lunch, and I’m wondering if my kids really need to be picked up from school. In summary, I’m already making plans on where I can take this headphone and I don’t have anywhere to be.

My Pac NW broham, love your post. I hear you on this one, sorry your missing meetings, lunch.. This is exactly the reaction we were all wising for, loss of time, time stops, you go back in time, relive a memory, achieving a emotional reaction moved by just the music, this to me is what its all about, golden :wink: :thumbsup:

Thank you sir,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #515 of 2,737
Been listening about a week, burned in 3 days with pink noise.

macbook/Tidal MASTER -> Mojo -> Cascade

Wow. I'm not a huge EDM guy, but several of the Prodigy's early albums leave me incredulous - unreal presence and gobs of energy. Not hot, but so in your face. Smack my Bitch up and Thunder are transcendent. Classic rock is amazing - the detail I'm hearing in Boston's foreplay/longtime is super - clean, smooth and powerful highs, not thin at all. And the mids and base - so damn good.

And the best part I'm able to listen to my rig in bed next to my sleeping wife w/o bothering her... Win/Win

I am loving these cans more than I thought. I wanted closed back to use in bed / at the office. These exceed my hopes and expectations. These could easily be my only set of cans if push came to shove. Happily that's not the case, but I am loving the Cascades.

Asher at Campfire said I should try their upgrade cable when I demo's them last week. I didn't but now I think I should have. I'm tempted to call him up tomorrow and see what the upgraded cable does.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #516 of 2,737
My Pac NW broham, love your post. I hear you on this one, sorry your missing meetings, lunch.. This is exactly the reaction we were all wising for, loss of time, time stops, you go back in time, relive a memory, achieving a emotional reaction moved by just the music, this to me is what its all about, golden :wink: :thumbsup:

Thank you sir,

Ken
Getting really interested and can’t wait for our Philippine dealer to get these in stock to demo. I just want to know more about the filters and whether the filter with the least bass is still less bassy than using no filter at all in case I want less bass for classical music.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #518 of 2,737
Screw it. Just put my order in for mine from the local dealer :)

Should be here in a day or two. Plan to use this mainly at home even though it's a "portable" headphone. Already have several balanced 4-pin XLR cables (for my HD800) that I can use with this bad boy. Happy that they ended up using the same connectors. That's 3 headphones in my collection now that use HD800 connectors (my TH900 is also modded with the same connectors, lol).

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #520 of 2,737
Second impression..

Sounds like a huge Marshall stack. Powerful. Fun. Everything sounds "full size".

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #521 of 2,737
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the bass. Hope it tightens up with burn in.

They're also incredibly stiff out of the box, except for the super plush ear pads. Guessing they'll ease up later.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #522 of 2,737
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the bass. Hope it tightens up with burn in.

They're also incredibly stiff out of the box, except for the super plush ear pads. Guessing they'll ease up later.
HUGE BOOMING BASS.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #524 of 2,737
Nothing improves significantly with burn in. Might be a subtle change. You're really just getting used to it. If it sounded great out of the box, it would get significantly worse with burn in? Again, no.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #525 of 2,737
Nothing improves significantly with burn in. Might be a subtle change. You're really just getting used to it. If it sounded great out of the box, it would get significantly worse with burn in? Again, no.
Well, I was like you. But believe me. Cascade is a different beast. They will transform themselves into something ridiculously good. After 200+ hours, bloated bass became thick and strong but well controlled bass. Also treble extends better with burn in. Of course, the gross picture of the sound signature remains the same (meaty, thick, lush, organic, energetic, etc.). But the balance gets better and better with burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back