Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #33 of 294
I'm not sure if I'll be able to come, but if I am able, I'll be bringing in a special pair of headphones I made along with the Emotiva Mini-X A100 and an SMSL M8.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #34 of 294
  I'm not sure if I'll be able to come, but if I am able, I'll be bringing in a special pair of headphones I made along with the Emotiva Mini-X A100 and an SMSL M8.

Well I for one sincerely hope you can attend. I'm super excited to hear your special headphone I LOVE diy's!! Which one location would you be able to attend easier and also where are you located?

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #35 of 294
Wilmington is a definite no-go for me. I can probably get to Charlotte in about an hour and some change. Wilmington is over twice that.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #36 of 294
Charlotte would be best for me as I am only an hour south in Spartanburg.I have never attended a meet,but would love to come if my work schedule permits.

My current rig is a Schiit Lyr2 ,Modi,and Fidelio X1's.Also have a bravo audio ocean amp with Mullard,Amperex.and Sophia Electric tubes.Also have a pair of budget phones- Audio Technica ws55's that sound really nice out of ipod or computer. 

Thanks,

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #39 of 294
  Charlotte would be best for me as I am only an hour south in Spartanburg.I have never attended a meet,but would love to come if my work schedule permits.

My current rig is a Schiit Lyr2 ,Modi,and Fidelio X1's.Also have a bravo audio ocean amp with Mullard,Amperex.and Sophia Electric tubes.Also have a pair of budget phones- Audio Technica ws55's that sound really nice out of ipod or computer. 

Thanks,

ooh I'll be excited to hear the X1 

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #40 of 294
I am extremely excited to hear the LCD-2/3s that people may be bringing along with other high-end cans.  

If anyone has a proper hifi speaker amp that they don't mind bringing please do so; because the only thing I've been using is an old (2002ish) Denon AVR Receiver to drive the JBL 530s I'll be bringing along with the SVS SB-1000.

So if anyone is curious about speakers at this event, I'll be showing off this "not-breaking-the-bank" 2.1 setup along with my Schiit stack (Bimby and Asgard 2).

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #41 of 294
  I am extremely excited to hear the LCD-2/3s that people may be bringing along with other high-end cans.  

If anyone has a proper hifi speaker amp that they don't mind bringing please do so; because the only thing I've been using is an old (2002ish) Denon AVR Receiver to drive the JBL 530s I'll be bringing along with the SVS SB-1000.

So if anyone is curious about speakers at this event, I'll be showing off this "not-breaking-the-bank" 2.1 setup along with my Schiit stack (Bimby and Asgard 2).

sure some speakers would be cool, though the trouble is finding a space for them to get loud enough without taking away from the headphone listening, though I'm sure we can figure something out! 

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #42 of 294
  sure some speakers would be cool, though the trouble is finding a space for them to get loud enough without taking away from the headphone listening, though I'm sure we can figure something out! 

That is one concern.  But I will say that the JBL's do have this "magical" type of thing going on where you put the volume at a certain position, and no matter how close you get to the drivers, the sound doesn't seem to get any louder.  

So we don't have to crank them "all out" so to say, could even put them in a desk setup style for people to sit in front of.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #44 of 294
I am planning to have the festivities at a hotel and they will supply the tables with table cloths. I am currently awaiting hearing back from the sales people at the hotel to see what the availability is for certain rooms in February and March. I think using a hotel will simplify things especially for those who may need to stay over night. Also, it makes for a nice venue. Finally, regarding speakers at the Meet, I'm afraid it, by necessity, will need to be a speaker free zone. This has been an issue in the past and speakers and headphones just don't play well together. I'll chime back in soon. 

PS: are there any Saturdays in Feb or March that are bad for people to attend? Please let me know as I want to try and accommodate most if not all of our attendees. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back