Carnivores gather round.
Jul 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #16 of 80
NOW I REMEMBER, thats why the panda express sounded so familiar lol! :)

Did you know, Chinese food as you guys know it is more American than hot dogs or hamburgers? The earliest American stylized Chiense food came here and started selling before hot dogs and hamburgers.

I did know that actually. Did you also know the fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco?

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 80
Quote:
I love those panda commercials

NOW I REMEMBER, thats why the panda express sounded so familiar lol! :)

Did you know, Chinese food as you guys know it is more American than hot dogs or hamburgers? The earliest American stylized Chiense food came here and started selling before hot dogs and hamburgers.

Did not know that. Quite interesting, for sure.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 80
Food history is actually fairly interesting when you get into it, because it tells you about as much about a people's geographic history and cultural values as does more "conventional" history (like looking at maps and charts and stuff). And, if you're brave, you can try re-creating various recipes of older food items.

I think there's a few Modern Marvels or How It's Made/How Do They Do It (is there really a reason for there to be two different shows? it's the same thing.) documentaries on the topic that you could probably dig up with relative ease. And of course books and more scholarly stuff.

What is a "Reddiotrs" ? :confused_face_2:

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #21 of 80
Quote:
Food history is actually fairly interesting when you get into it, because it tells you about as much about a people's geographic history and cultural values as does more "conventional" history (like looking at maps and charts and stuff). And, if you're brave, you can try re-creating various recipes of older food items.
I think there's a few Modern Marvels or How It's Made/How Do They Do It (is there really a reason for there to be two different shows? it's the same thing.) documentaries on the topic that you could probably dig up with relative ease. And of course books and more scholarly stuff.
What is a "Reddiotrs" ?
confused_face_2.gif

There was a good modern marvels or how its made on high end heapdhones, they used the K701 or K702 in the video :)

Reddit is a large news or media community site, and we are called redditors :) It gets addicting, the site looks intimidating at first..but you get used to it and love it...although the reddit generic pesona is annoying sometimes

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #22 of 80
Quote:
There was a good modern marvels or how its made on high end heapdhones, they used the K701 or K702 in the video :)

Reddit is a large news or media community site, and we are called redditors :) It gets addicting, the site looks intimidating at first..but you get used to it and love it...although the reddit generic pesona is annoying sometimes

Yeah that's what I thought you meant when I read that but I wasn't sure. I'm actually on there now. I go there every now and then. I'm not a member or anything though.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 80

That was How It's Made on headphones, yes. I believe it was the 702. I don't think Modern Marvels has done one on audio equipment, the closest I think they've gotten would be the "80's Tech" and "90's Tech" episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LbsQRaQD6A

Oh, Reddit. Yes I've heard of that, but haven't ever spent much time on it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #25 of 80
p.s. I envy American food.

You too can enjoy such deliciousness, just be willing to slay Bambi/Wilbur/Simba/Babe/Dumbo/Po/etc in a violent bloodbath from which no life can hope to escape, and then slow-cook that succulent meat over the biggest fire you can generate, and adding alcohol to the mix never hurts (most of the ethanol will burn off, but it helps flavor and soften the meat).

If anyone knows of a cartoon cow I could add into that list I'd be appreciative. :evil:

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #28 of 80
Quote:
Am I "bob kun" ? And I think I'm missing a font set to see the rest of what you posted.
redface.gif

I said I love reddit with a dude smiling with two hands :) :)

Yep, kuma=bear and I can't remember your name so you're bob kun and I shall name you bob and you can't say no.. Never...say no to Panda!

Right Ki-chan? *winnk*

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #30 of 80
Quote:
Alright this thread has officially gotten me hungry enough to do something about it. So the question now is: 24hr fast food, or prepare something (much healthier and less meaty/"bad" but likely less "tasty") at home. I fear that cheapness will win out in this debate, and that I should get my cooking equipment out.

Is there a Wendy's nearby?.......or 5 guys..?...DROP EVERYTHING. Grab the keys.....think of the frosty or cajun fries...and get the heck out there!

Why?....Because.....AMURICA!...THAT'S WHY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back