car-fi
Nov 25, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #331 of 1,421

Quote:

Actually both the FD3S RX-7 and the EVO X is officially quoted to run 0-100km @ 5.2s. 
wink.gif
   Granted being an FR car with no traction control and all the gizmo it will be extremely difficult to consistently do these kinds of launch compared to an EVO.

Rear wheel drive cars are just more fun to drive, but I'm not arguing that they are the best performing.  If you are going for the best performing and handling, of course AWD is the way to go, I'll also take a AWD sedan for a daily commute, but on an open road or a skid pad, RWD!  It's like people liking Grados but they won't claim that they are neutral cans. 
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #332 of 1,421

Quote:
Actually both the FD3S RX-7 and the EVO X is officially quoted to run 0-100km @ 5.2s. 
wink.gif
   Granted being an FR car with no traction control and all the gizmo it will be extremely difficult to consistently do these kinds of launch compared to an EVO.

Rear wheel drive cars are just more fun to drive, but I'm arguing that they are the best performing.  If you are going for the best performing and handling, of course AWD is the way to go.  It's like people liking Grados but they won't claim that they are neutral cans. 
wink.gif

That figure is off.  The Evo X should be 4.3-4.6s.  The STI is 5.1.

Car and Driver Test Sheet:
http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2008-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-gsrmitlan-evo-x-08-ss.pdf

Motor Trend:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1101_2011_subaru_wrx_sti_2010_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_comparison/viewall.html

"Launching from a standstill, the Evo owns the STI. At 60 mph, Mitsu's little monster is half a second ahead of the STI (4.5 seconds vs. 5.0 seconds), and by the time 100 mph comes around, the Evo has stretched its lead to almost 2 seconds (12.3 seconds vs. 13.9 seconds)."

Road and Track:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/original/application/e2414cf1ab489e11c61b0d06745e8d34.pdf

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/2011-nissan-370z-vs.-2011-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-gsr

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #333 of 1,421
those little evo's are dang fast. with minor mod's they are smokin fast. what i don't understand is the rx7 r2 was very fast but the rx8 is a dog. the tl wil easily beat the rx8! the g37 will bury it and those are sedans.

i do not think a nsx would be butchered. well, i hope not. i hope when and if it finally comes they pull all the stops. that is wishful thinking i suppose. the original nsx was the real deal with 280bhp back in the day. i think it clobbered a supra tt when it came out a few years later. the supra tt was not slow car either. it was heavy though. how did that go so fast with all that weight? it only had 330bhp. even the 300zx tt was heavy with 300bhp and went like a bat. i am not sure power to weight is the only factor. their is gearing/hookup and other things. i had a 450bhp 89 saleen mustang that flew. at least it felt like it did. of course what was considered fast back then was like 5.2 seconds to 60 so i am assuming that is the answer. those were not todays sub 3 second super cars. now six seconds is considered just an average car. so i guess you are correct. those cars did not perform like todays cars. they felt fast at the time though.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #334 of 1,421
Last Saturday I got blindsided by an early snow storm while out for lunch in the Blue Car (2010 Evo SE, see above).  Even in "snow" mode, the summer Yokes were very slick and tip-toeing was necessary.  And according to my manual, the three modes shift bias from rear (tarmac) to balanced (gravel) to front (snow).  But on my last track day at BIR, only about half of the field of exotica were able keep up on the long straight.  Maybe the best thing about the Blue Car is that it seems essentially invisible to LEOs,

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #335 of 1,421
i am sure there were summer tires on the s4 too. winter tires on a rwd are better than summer tires on a awd! i am surprised that blue car does not attract police. i think you just have not been busted by luck. that thing has speed written all over it imo. the grill says "giant intercooler" lol. hey, anyways good thing you have been lucky.

my new car however, you could be busted in park. unless they think someone important is driving that. of course they could also think it is stolen etc. do i know what they are thinking? haha.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #336 of 1,421
BTW, the best car I've ever had for freezy skid stuff is my present 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6 with winter tires all around.  Good balance, sufficient ground clearance and excellent manners.  A real little winter tank for the Northwoods.
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #337 of 1,421
Look what I saw at a nearby strip mall:

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #339 of 1,421
I like the color scheme and black rims. It matches the front and side intakes and the rear lights and exhaust nicely. To me the dark grey/silver makes it more subtle. Of course I'd rather have the 458 anyway. It has that extra emotional something that the McLaren seems to lack. That and from the majority of reviews, the Ferrari seems to be the better car of the two. Of course UK Top Gear said the McLaren is better, but they're understandably biased.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #340 of 1,421

Quote:
I like the color scheme and black rims. It matches the front and side intakes and the rear lights and exhaust nicely. To me the dark grey/silver makes it more subtle. Of course I'd rather have the 458 anyway. It has that extra emotional something that the McLaren seems to lack. That and from the majority of reviews, the Ferrari seems to be the better car of the two. Of course UK Top Gear said the McLaren is better, but they're understandably biased.

The rims aren't black, that's shadow.  The car isn't dark grey either it's silver just like the other pedestrian cars in the parking lot.  It has the same color scheme as a Camry.  The color scheme u mention is what I had picked out for my imaginary 458 except dark anthracite wheels.  ;P  Speaking of 458, I used to think that was breathtaking to look at.  Till I saw it next to an Aventador at the auto show.  My God!!  The 458 looked soft and vanilla by comparison.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #341 of 1,421
no plates on that? talk about attracting leo's. plus he parked in two spaces. i am sure everyone loves that dude lol.
i guess everyone does want the 458. i just like stuff that is stripped. if i had a evo i'd gut the interior for performance at no cost. well. the 599 is not really gutted but it is spartan.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #342 of 1,421
There were temporary plates on the dash. I'm pretty sure it's still the dealership's car, out for a little advertising I guess. And yeah, the double spot parking is kind of a jerk move but that's pretty stand fair strategy for the pricier cars I've seen in parking lots.

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #343 of 1,421
I have zero problems w/ a six figure car or any sort of 'special' car double parking.  Completely understandable IMO.  Getting a ticket is better than a door ding or scratch on a collectible car.  Once that's done you're out way more than the cost of repairs.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #344 of 1,421
indeed. as an owner of them i 100% agree. the problem is the person that is the real jerk may get irked. then he goes and vandalizes the car. because of that i just park all the way at the end where no one wants to and walk. well, better yet i do not take those cars to the mall. i meant that guy is a jerk in other peoples eyes. he has a very good reason to do that even if others may not agree.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #345 of 1,421
Oh I totally understand what you're saying. In my heart of hearts, yes, I'd consider parking like that. But I'm with you, just bring a normal car when you're parking in a huge lot. Of course there are some people who can't help but to flaunt themselves and their disposable income. To those people I say you reap what you sow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back