Can't Decide...I'm A Bass Hound
Dec 13, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #16 of 71
No one suggested it?
TFTA 1XB - i don't think any earphone including Westone 3's stand chance vs this baby in bass.
+they are only $150...half or maybe 1/3 of the price of some earphones, that you might be looking at.

DO NOT get the se535's they are VERY bass light - trust me.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #17 of 71
I figured that would happen with the shures. Do any of the shures have what I am looking for??? Are they similar to monster in the sense that Turbine Pro Golds are meant for more bass and punch while the Turbine Pro Coppers are meant for more actual listening? What I mean to say is the higher priced model (in shures) meant for acutal listening and a lack (or in this case balanced) of bass?

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #18 of 71

Quote:
I figured that would happen with the shures. Do any of the shures have what I am looking for??? Are they similar to monster in the sense that Turbine Pro Golds are meant for more bass and punch while the Turbine Pro Coppers are meant for more actual listening? What I mean to say is the higher priced model (in shures) meant for acutal listening and a lack (or in this case balanced) of bass?

nop - at least not of my knowledge...
I wouldn't look at BA driver earphones AT ALL if you want bass - regardless of what people on here might tell you...

Dec 13, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #19 of 71
Just get a pair of iBeats lol, bass all through your body.

Dec 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #20 of 71
Quote:

Try asking here, in this thread. |joker| is the most experienced of anyone here on Head-Fi.

And no, the Shure's will most probably not give you what you're looking for.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #21 of 71
Although I have a fixed budget, its not absolute. So I could splurge and go for say a pair of jh16's. I usually get extra money on christmas from other relatives say about $300 or so and whatever my parents will help me out with. Put it this way, they find it a bit absurd that headphones cost that much, so they're not too supportive of my decision but will help me out with 300 bucks, but will definitely buy things for me like say a nice pair of shoes or a gold ring because to them they're considered more valuable. So based on reviews the jh16s seem like they're for me unless you guys here would think otherwise...

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #23 of 71

Quote:
TF10 and W2/W3 bass are VERY good for BA, though I agreed that they're not in the same league to the dynamic based IEM

Sorry i would have agreed if you hadn't put W2's in there.
My W2's with any tips, sounded like there was 70% of the bass missing vs my EX500's.

They didn't:
-Go has hard
-Go low enough
-Were rolled off

Although they had:
-Excellent sound separation
-Sound stage
-Comfort
-Wire
-Good balanced sound with the mids and highs

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #26 of 71

Quote:
Although I have a fixed budget, its not absolute. So I could splurge and go for say a pair of jh16's. I usually get extra money on christmas from other relatives say about $300 or so and whatever my parents will help me out with. Put it this way, they find it a bit absurd that headphones cost that much, so they're not too supportive of my decision but will help me out with 300 bucks, but will definitely buy things for me like say a nice pair of shoes or a gold ring because to them they're considered more valuable. So based on reviews the jh16s seem like they're for me unless you guys here would think otherwise...

I blindly purchased the JH16's. They were my first customs, and I felt ridiculous spending that much money on a set of tiny earphones, especially being a student with limited funds. However, it was the best decision of my "IEM-career" so far. I simply love them to bits and I keep getting amazed every time I insert them into my ears.

I myself am a bass fanatic with a profound love of DnB, Dubstep and modern electronic music in general. These babies handle everything I throw at them and have yet to disappoint me. They also handle hip-hop and modern rock extremely well. They aren't very fuzzy about amping either, although I do find that a portable amp helps. I think they really fit the signature you're looking for. From what I gather you want something punchy, musical and fun, rather than something neutral and analytical and the JH16s are just that. 

However, it all comes down to how much you're willing to spend. If you liked the TF10 you could just get those reshelled for around a 100 bucks. (Yeah, you yanks have it good over there). But then again, you could sell them and purchase a lower-end set of customs than the JH16 and save some cash. I've got a set of 3.A on the way from Heir Audio, which are supposedly really good and full of enjoyable bass. I'll report back once I get them in case you're still searching then, but that's probably a month away or so. 

Oh yes, lastly:
1. Wish for an expensive gold ring for christmas
2. Return gold ring
3. Buy customs

etysmile.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #27 of 71
Well I just figured something. I forgot who posted something about customs and they said either weight gain or weight loss could affect the fit. Fortunately, I'm looking to lose weight (at least 60 lbs) and I'm well on my way there. Unfortunately, that means no jh16s until I reach my goal weight. The weird thing is I have tiny ear canals as I have mentioned on previous posts, but I'm not going to risk spending $1200 on a pair of headphones and not have them fit properly within 6 months. Looks like I'll have to hold off on those.

On another note. Does anybody know what iem has what I'm looking for? Better and punchier bass than my MTPGs. I am aware of TF10s already had them and they didn't fit and kept falling out of my ears. Sennheiser ie8 seems to be highly recommended here but I'm wondering if they can accommodate my somewhat unique ear canal size. I will remind you that I use the smallest size of Monsters regular tips. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post a pic of anything yet (anyone know why?) so I can't show you guys the tips... What about Westone 3/4? Any other brands that can accommodate my "unique" ear canal size?

Thanks again guys!

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #28 of 71
I have the JH13, UM3x, RE262. I just ordered the Radius TWF-11 after trying on my friend's. It's cheap, and the bass hits you deep and hard, like you're in the club. Definitely can't say the same for any of the others- not even the JH13. 

Edit: I also have some cans, like the HE6, which has wonderfully deep bass. But even then the HE6's bass is more polite than 'down'. if I want to be transported to a club, I'm reaching for the Radius.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #29 of 71
Quote:
On another note. Does anybody know what iem has what I'm looking for? Better and punchier bass than my MTPGs. I am aware of TF10s already had them and they didn't fit and kept falling out of my ears. Sennheiser ie8 seems to be highly recommended here but I'm wondering if they can accommodate my somewhat unique ear canal size. I will remind you that I use the smallest size of Monsters regular tips. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post a pic of anything yet (anyone know why?) so I can't show you guys the tips... What about Westone 3/4? Any other brands that can accommodate my "unique" ear canal size?

Punchier than the MTPG? Wow, you aren't kidding, my friend. 
tongue.gif
 Hmm... a small enough in-ear with better and punchier bass than the MTPG. That's a tough call.

I'm guessing you aren't allowed to post pictures because your post count is quite limited.

If it's better and punchier bass than the MTPG you're after, the Westone 3/4 won't fit that requirement. However, I'd highly consider the Radius TWF21 (aka DDM2), since, for the most part, the body of the earphones rests outside of the ears (they're half earbud design; see this post), while it's really the tips that will determine the fit, in which case you can experiment with whatever tips you have on hand. They don't isolate well, however, which is really the only downside.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #30 of 71
Punchier than MTPG as said before, TFTA 1XB's destroy the MTPG's in pretty much all aspects...especially bass.

I now compare my 1XB's with headphones, comparing to earphones isn't fair anymore for other earphone manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back