CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 26, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #1,202 of 1,339
  A little something for those who can't make it to the OC CanJam this weekend.

Ha ha, I'm immune, I hate the beach. Ha ha ha!
smile.gif

Just knowing I'm missing the one and only opportunity to demo any headphones much less see the Oppo HA-1 in person is what gets me. Although looking at the picture of the HA-1 helps a little.

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,205 of 1,339
I have never had g burger, but I heard it is good as well, I suggested umami because its different then most buger places and is very close to the Westin only a 5 minute drive and a 20 minute walk.

I love Umami Burger in my area, and anyone who hasn't tried it make sure to check out Bruxie as well - absolutely scrumptious Waffle-based sandwiches, gourmet drinks/desserts, and then some!

hahaha you guys keep trying to bring out the Barney Stinson in me "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED"!!!

guess I got a little terse there.  It's just that every burger aficionado I know has a problem with the hype surrounding umami ever since it got the title of best cheeseburger in the US, since most people can name multiple places that are better and cheaper.  

Bruxies is pretty good too. But currawong speaks truth whole foods little resturants produce some DELICIOUS FOOD anyways every one knows good food + good company= good time,  so
beerchug.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #1,209 of 1,339
  Who else is going to CanJam 2015? Provided is my list of most important things I plan on listening to: Mr. Speakers Ether, Hifiman HE-1000, Schiit Yggy, Audeze EL-8, AudioQuest NightHawk

Feel free to inform me of other exciting products I might not be familiar with so I can plan a checklist of things to do. I don't think I will be showing off any of my gear since it is up in LA but I will bring my Alpha Dogs for comparison and MAYBE my Theta DS Pro Progeny v. A to give people an idea of what a single-ended R2R DAC sounds like with a super awesome DSP filter made in 1994

Please scroll back to the last few pages to see the owner Jude's 2 videos outlining the awsome gear at the show. I believe the most recent one was page 72

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #1,210 of 1,339
My friend in the Air Force wanted to know if your offering a Military discount??  He see's the student discount...

Thanks!

I can let you know by the end of the night. But I would hope we do, also thank your friend for me.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,211 of 1,339
I can let you know by the end of the night. But I would hope we do, also thank your friend for me.

Thanks... I appreciate it... I'm trying to get him to go so I can ride with him cause I'm broke as a joke AGAIN... LOL    

He just got a pair of Audio-Technica's and I suggested he get a DAC/Amp to go with them...

BTW, I will thank him for you!!  :)

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #1,212 of 1,339
For those with more adventurous palates, jump about three miles away to Alton and Jamboree, and a place called Diamond Jamboree. Seriously legit Asian food of many different styles and flavors, with fairly long hours, to boot. Everything from Korean tofu soup to Vietnamese bakeries to dim sum and multi-culture fusion options. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,214 of 1,339
Well, I just got the HRT iDSP in the mail tonight and had a listen.  You have to use the Apple camera connection kit for the iphone for it to work, and I guess since I bought a cheap Chinese version, the damn connector isn't fitting inside the iDSP.  I had to pry apart the casing to plug it in. 
blink.gif
  Anyway, I need to listen more, but I'm sad to say, I'm not hearing much of an improvement.  I'll be bringing it to CanJam so if anyone wants a listen just hit me up at the show.

Adam

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,215 of 1,339
  Update
We will be opening the impressions thread for CanJam at 9a PST on Saturday morning! This will give everyone who is unable to attend a chance to get "live" impressions, reports, pics, and maybe even some video. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the advance notice; I'll definitely read what came up on Day 1 the same evening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back