Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Apr 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #271 of 301
Greetings, I feared this thread was extinct, but glad that I am wrong.

Fans of classical music, please haunt the thread for CM here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626563/best-classical-recordings-ever

cheers

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #274 of 301
Tap. I am central. Out in the country. Away from that crap and on well filtered well water.

Will you send me a Coffee Crisp and a box of smarties, please? And...àn Aero bar. I already ordered my Ketchup chips online. Crap! All Dressed! I need some All Dressed Ruffles!!!

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #276 of 301
I would have back then too. But they did a good job of destroying CBC and HNIC so there is nothing for me to miss except what I enjoyed in my youth.

Poutine. I could really go for a poutine on Queen right now.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #277 of 301
I would have back then too. But they did a good job of destroying CBC and HNIC so there is nothing for me to miss except what I enjoyed in my youth.

Poutine. I could really go for a poutine on Queen right now.

CBC still makes some of the best docs around (along with BBC).

Who cares about HNIC?
ph34r.gif
  More into coverage of amateur sports like the Olympics and World Championships of skiing, curling, hockey, etc.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #279 of 301
  Ah. I was never into their docs. I cared about HNIC. I did always dig their Olympic coverage. Anyway. I'm over it. I used to care.

I miss my street dogs on Yonge.

Missed Sam's on Yonge, and just the laid-back Canuck vibe vs. Yankee brashness (good with me, but in moderate dosages only).

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #280 of 301
Sam's was a great place, eh? Are you telling me it's gone now?

I felt that vibe difference for a while. But it goes away. Everyone seems the same. But maybe it's me adjusting, I donno...

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #281 of 301
  Sam's was a great place, eh? Are you telling me it's gone now?

I felt that vibe difference for a while. But it goes away. Everyone seems the same. But maybe it's me adjusting, I donno...

Been gone for a few years now. Same with World's Biggest Bookstore on Edward Street.

NYC is unique among American cities. All that energy is contagious. Loved it.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #282 of 301
I on the other hand do not miss my time in the US. I lived in Maryland for 2 years, but I was just a kid just finishing grade 8 and starting high school.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #283 of 301
Man. Things change. I was up in Toronto for the first time in years a couple summers ago. My areas had really changed. It made me a bit melancholy.

I was in NYC recently too. It was brilliant. I had not been since the late 80's. Is that where you lived for a while?

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #284 of 301
  Man. Things change. I was up in Toronto for the first time in years a couple summers ago. My areas had really changed. It made me a bit melancholy.

I was in NYC recently too. It was brilliant. I had not been since the late 80's. Is that where you lived for a while?

Lived in Harlem for 3 years -- West 125th and Riverside Drive. Glorious time, mid-1990's. Lots of classical concerts, cheap food (good too). Museums galore, probably the best walking city ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back