Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Feb 19, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #436 of 474
Look, if you spent that much on the set, im happy you enjoy it. I'll pull ONE graph up which was almost 2 years ago.. ive gotten a lot better at tuning these.graph - 2024-02-19T173157.669.png

I got my SP for 799 but if you send me a set of your creation, and they are as good, I'll pay you the $235 gladly.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #437 of 474
Noted. I am on hiatus for a few months as I have a new born on the way. I can do this tuning easily.. the issue is matching these damn drivers.. which can be taken care of as the price goes upwards. Thanks for looking with your brain not your wallet!

Feb 20, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #438 of 474
Noted. I am on hiatus for a few months as I have a new born on the way. I can do this tuning easily.. the issue is matching these damn drivers.. which can be taken care of as the price goes upwards. Thanks for looking with your brain not your wallet!
i'd be really interested too

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #439 of 474
I can match the tuning of this iem entirely for $235 bux. With the same driver. For shame Campfire. We all know exactly what is going on here.
Campfire got caught using Bellsing drivers a few years back if I remember correctly, heard Supermoon at CanJam SoCal 2022 and was impressed but if you can replicate for 1/4 of the price then 👍, btw what shell are you going to be using for this?

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #440 of 474
Campfire got caught using Bellsing drivers a few years back if I remember correctly, heard Supermoon at CanJam SoCal 2022 and was impressed but if you can replicate for 1/4 of the price then 👍, btw what shell are you going to be using for this?
They were caught using knockoff Bellsing drivers.

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #441 of 474
AFAIK, they were using knock-off Knowles BA drivers produced by Bellsing in the Solaris. Not clear who makes the planar driver inside the Supermoon. Some claim it's the same driver as in the 7Hz Timeless, considering extremely similar tuning and physical characteristics (albeit CFA put some extra effort in obfuscating the driver properties by representing them in unconventional way, so it's harder to compare them directly to ChiFi planar IEMs).

Also, interestingly, they do not mention 2 micrometer thick diaphragm anymore for the updated and cheaper chromatic series Supermoon, just a custom 14 mm driver. I guess 'custom' is to explicitly distinguish from those you can buy on aliexpress. Overall, if they can easily cut the price by a few hundred USD and still remain profitable suggests that the profit margins were huge from the start.

Nevertheless, those who owned both Supermoons and competing Chifi planar consider the former to be vastly superior, which can also be explained by a much better acoustic design of the cavity and different driver tuning.

So in the end, if CFA used their IP to obtain superior sound quality to the competition it makes sense they charge more for it. It's an open market: if someone can achieve the same performance for 300 USD, then no one will pay the Supermoon price.

I personally was hesitating between Audeze Euclid and CFA Supermoon and bought Euclid, mostly due to a huge discount. They sound very different but both technically impressive.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #442 of 474
AFAIK, they were using knock-off Knowles BA drivers produced by Bellsing in the Solaris. Not clear who makes the planar driver inside the Supermoon. Some claim it's the same driver as in the 7Hz Timeless, considering extremely similar tuning and physical characteristics (albeit CFA put some extra effort in obfuscating the driver properties by representing them in unconventional way, so it's harder to compare them directly to ChiFi planar IEMs).

Also, interestingly, they do not mention 2 micrometer thick diaphragm anymore for the updated and cheaper chromatic series Supermoon, just a custom 14 mm driver. I guess 'custom' is to explicitly distinguish from those you can buy on aliexpress. Overall, if they can easily cut the price by a few hundred USD and still remain profitable suggests that the profit margins were huge from the start.

Nevertheless, those who owned both Supermoons and competing Chifi planar consider the former to be vastly superior, which can also be explained by a much better acoustic design of the cavity and different driver tuning.

So in the end, if CFA used their IP to obtain superior sound quality to the competition it makes sense they charge more for it. It's an open market: if someone can achieve the same performance for 300 USD, then no one will pay the Supermoon price.

I personally was hesitating between Audeze Euclid and CFA Supermoon and bought Euclid, mostly due to a huge discount. They sound very different but both technically impressive.
same, in the end i went Audeze because i enjoy thir sound and was not let down. I would love if they were to make a i4 mk2 or euclid mk2.

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #443 of 474

Having own over 1/2 dozen Chifi planars, I can agree SM tuning is way superior to any cheaper planars.... the main difference for me is the deeper and surrounding staging for SM and much flatter 2D for chifi ones... plus micro dynamics, full range performance etc.... tried the new Letshuoer S15... no where near SM performance imo...

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #444 of 474
Having own over 1/2 dozen Chifi planars, I can agree SM tuning is way superior to any cheaper planars.... the main difference for me is the deeper and surrounding staging for SM and much flatter 2D for chifi ones... plus micro dynamics, full range performance etc.... tried the new Letshuoer S15... no where near SM performance imo...
The LCD-X are the only planar gear I have. So no other IEM. But I've been listening to the super Moon next to the Bonneville and they impress me.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #445 of 474
Finally got hold of the Supermoon for review as part of its relaunch via the Chromatics Series. Compared it to the Bonneville and Stellar Horizon and AAW's planar driver Nightingale. I might prefer the Supermoon over the Bonneville but that's personal taste coming into play.

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-supermoon-review/

1708938178616.png

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #446 of 474
I wouldn't consider the i4 competitor to the Supermoon - at least for me - a big reason I buy IEM is for the isolation, and not being open backs leaking out sound either.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #447 of 474
same, in the end i went Audeze because i enjoy thir sound and was not let down. I would love if they were to make a i4 mk2 or euclid k2.
did you hear the supermoon? I would like to read a comparison between the euclid and the campfire. Also love my lcd-i3 for its phenomal textured and tight bass as well as anything else besides comfort.

Mar 8, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #448 of 474
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #449 of 474
Mar 14, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #450 of 474
Which tips are you guys using ?
I got them today and while the campfire marshmallow foam give me the best results in term of sound, the comfort is not great on long term
Tips like moondrop spring are super comfy (because of the shallow insertion hence less pressure or the shell in my ears ) but sound worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back