Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,366 of 9,829
I listened to the Andromeda this weekend very quickly, it sounded really nice, I was impressed. The price, well, that's going to be up to each person, but if you do buy them, make sure you match them with this little gem, just for color reasons.
wink_face.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,369 of 9,829
I listened to the Andromeda this weekend very quickly, it sounded really nice, I was impressed. The price, well, that's going to be up to each person, but if you do buy them, make sure you match them with this little gem, just for color reasons. :wink_face:

Oh did you? :normal_smile :

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,370 of 9,829
  I listened to the Andromeda this weekend very quickly, it sounded really nice, I was impressed. The price, well, that's going to be up to each person, but if you do buy them, make sure you match them with this little gem, just for color reasons.
wink_face.gif

When did you order your Andromeda? and how long did it take to get it?

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,371 of 9,829

When did you order your Andromeda? and how long did it take to get it?

I didnt order one, that dude above you let me listen to his. I then let him listen to my AK240, that's just how we roll. I caught him getting his groove on out of the corner of me eye.
wink_face.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,372 of 9,829

I didnt order one, that dude above you let me listen to his. I then let him listen to my AK240, that's just how we roll. I caught him getting his groove on out of the corner of me eye.
wink_face.gif

Your test track sounded really good with the AK240.  I didn't get to listen back to back with the AK300 and the AK240, but I did compare and volume match compare the AK300 with the AK320, AK380 and the QP1R.  An update with my findings/impressions will be in my QP1R review in the near future.  I'll have a couple pics of your AK240 physical setup in the QP1R review thread as part of T.H.E. Show report in the near future as well (I attended as "Press" this time).  For anyone interested, updates will be located here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,373 of 9,829

Your test track sounding really good with the AK240.  I didn't get to listen back to back with the AK300 and the AK240, but I did compare and volume match compare the AK300 with the AK320, AK380 and the QP1R.  An update with my findings/impressions will be in my QP1R review in the near future.  I'll have a couple pics of your AK240 physical setup in the QP1R review thread as part of T.H.E. Show report in the near future as well (I attended as "Press" this time).  For anyone interested, updates will be located here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings.

I love that song even though I cant understand a word of it, lol. VOLUME MATCH folks, this is something VERY important when testing, I cant stress that enough.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,374 of 9,829
Just a heads up Maurice, as of now there is a good chance I will be at Jasons show in July, so if you want to play with my 240 while I am there, you are more than welcome. I don't even use the SD card slow, so if you have stuff you want to test with, that is of course an option. I will be helping Noble as always.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,375 of 9,829

I love that song even though I cant understand a word of it, lol. VOLUME MATCH folks, this is something VERY important when testing, I cant stress that enough.

Yeah, I didn't understand very much of it either, but the tonality and rhythmic sound is enough to want to start swaying those hips!  

Volume matching is important in my opinion, but I've found auditory differences between the same brand and model (at least for headphones) when I've tested.  Makes it so my findings are that not only do people hear the same thing(s) differently, part of why they hear the same product differently could be that they received a product that sounds different to another product (same brand/model) tested!  

Either way, I'll be sharing my findings with Andromeda listening in various scenarios in the near future.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #1,376 of 9,829
  Just a heads up Maurice, as of now there is a good chance I will be at Jasons show in July, so if you want to play with my 240 while I am there, you are more than welcome. I don't even use the SD card slow, so if you have stuff you want to test with, that is of course an option. I will be helping Noble as always.

Maybe I'll take you up on that.  I did write about the AK240 in the review, but would be cool to compare it to the newer offerings and see where it stands sonically, in my opinion.  My hypothesis...is that it will be at least better sounding to my ears than the AK300.
beerchug.gif

Will you be there on the 18th?  There will be world-exclusive headphone reveals at The Source AV!  People who attend will be treated to the only place in the world where they can not only listen but purchase the products as well!

Oh, and the Andromeda sounds great! (staying on topic)

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,377 of 9,829

Maybe I'll take you up on that.  I did write about the AK240 in the review, but would be cool to compare it to the newer offerings and see where it stands sonically, in my opinion.  My hypothesis...is that it will be at least better sounding to my ears than the AK300.
beerchug.gif

Will you be there on the 18th?  There will be world-exclusive headphone reveals at The Source AV!  People who attend will be treated to the only place in the world where they can not only listen but purchase the products as well!

Oh, and the Andromeda sounds great! (staying on topic)

Most likely just the 19th for the CIEM show, we can chat in the thread about it if you want. I will still need 100% confirmation from Noble of course, since I show up to help them, not to sound like a broken record.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,378 of 9,829

Most likely just the 19th for the CIEM show, we can chat in the thread about it if you want. I will still need 100% confirmation from Noble of course, since I show up to help them, not to sound like a broken record.

Okay...you can always come on the 18th as simply Eric. 
redface.gif

Hope to see you there, if not, it's all good.

Westone has a new product that I think (at least if it sounds half decent) should be pretty revolutionary with every IEM (at least MMCX) created.  I can't wait to get my hands on one (I've only seen it), and try it on the Andromeda...

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #1,379 of 9,829
Hi I currently have an Ether C and Noble Savant.  I am considering selling both and picking up the Andromeda and when released the ALO continental v5 to go with my mojo.  I LOVE my Ethers and I like my savants.  For those of you who have heard all of the ones I listed, would I be missing anything?  Is the Andromeda as good as or better than the Ether C's.  I've been more inclined to listen to the Savants everywhere as opposed to the C's just at home, so they aren't getting used much.  The Ether C sound signature is just about perfect for me.  I could take a hint more bass but that's about it. Would the Andromeda bass be too much or too warm for me overall?  Unfortunately I can't get to any meets to try them out.  Thanks!

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,380 of 9,829
If the Ether C is perfect for you why sell it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back