Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 30, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,276 of 9,829
  can anyone compare the sound of the Andromeda to empire ears Apollo X? I have heard the Apollo, it has a very wiede soundstage and very nice sound...I hope Andromeda is on par with it in terms of soundstage..I fell inlove with the Apollo when I auditioned it that I don't want to take it off my ears...:)

Both the Apollo X and Andromeda are two very different sound signatures to my ears.  I preferred the Athena VIII and Zeus XIV to the Apollo X, and prefer the Andromeda compared to the Apollo X, but your views may vary from mine.  To my ears, the Apollo X emits more of a 3D/EQ type of soundstage, whereas the Andromeda presents the soundstage (and sound as an entirety) with seemingly more natural of an effort.  I would suggest auditioning the Andromeda if you can, especially since it does sound different enough from the Apollo X to warrant a pre-purchase audition, in my opinion.

May 30, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,277 of 9,829
I'm with you on this nmatheis, I've found almost all earwerkz/empire ears IEMs to have this extremely coloured sound, especially in terms of midrange resonances. I'm not saying they suck, they're just not my cup of tea :) the Apollo has this extremely apparently to my ears, and are not accurate to my ears. Of course, to each his own, but They're not for me :)

May 30, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,279 of 9,829
  By the way I was the very first to own the Andromeda here in the Philippines if ver no one have bought outside the country...because I already paid for it before it arrives..hahahha

Let me get this straight: you own the Andromeda, listened to the Apollo X and wanted comparisons of the two?

My bad, I thought you haven't listened to the Andromeda, let alone owned it. 
blink.gif

May 30, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #1,280 of 9,829

Let me get this straight: you own the Andromeda, listened to the Apollo X and wanted comparisons of the two?

My bad, I thought you haven't listened to the Andromeda, let alone owned it. 
blink.gif

I said I will be the first to own...it doesn't landed here yet in the Philippines but I already paid the dealer fot it..so I never heard of its sound..

May 30, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #1,281 of 9,829
I said I will be the first to own...it doesn't landed here yet in the Philippines but I already paid the dealer fot it..so I never heard of its sound..

Ah okay. I didn't quite understand exactly what you were saying, but thanks for the clarification.

May 31, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #1,283 of 9,829
  To those still on the fence, I'm working to get my review out in a few days so watch this space! :)

It's really among the small handful of iems i really like now!

A TOTL review is, by experience, a lot of work. But it's also damn fun reviewing something you like. :)

May 31, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #1,285 of 9,829
And anyone wanting comparisons, please shoot, and I will answer to the best of my ability!

They will come after your review, heh. "Why no comparison with this and this" etc.

I just hope they addressed the relative shortcomings of the Jupiter (slow midbass, lack of stage depth), which is already very good.

May 31, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #1,286 of 9,829
They will come after your review, heh. "Why no comparison with this and this" etc.

I just hope they addressed the relative shortcomings of the Jupiter (slow midbass, lack of stage depth), which is already very good.
short comings? Seems every iem has one or two of those.

May 31, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,288 of 9,829
short comings? Seems every iem has one or two of those.

Yup, but sometimes once they are there. you can't unhear them.

May 31, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #1,290 of 9,829

I'm most interested in source matching, given their sensitivity.

I'm sure @twister6 would be a great source (pardon the pun) in this regard, since he has a lot of sources at his immediate disposal.  I'll add several sources as well, but no matter what, the Andromeda is a sensitive in-ear.  It's going to be more about if you want to have more volume flexibility (adding an impedance adapter), or if you personally detect hiss/background noise with the Andromeda and if you do, what are you willing to do to eradicate the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back