Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 5, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #467 of 9,829

Of course we will refund the difference, Caleb was attempting to contact people and yeah sorry there were some wires crossed with the Mass Drop folks and really we thought it would only be a small order with them and were really surprised how many sold in the first hour before we lowered the numbers.

Again we were not trying to slight our pre order folks.

My apologies if anyone who bought a Nova felt as such.

Thanks

Ken

It's what I expected from ALO. Thanks Ken. 

If one addresses the concerns, no apologies needed!

May 5, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #468 of 9,829
  Not good for people who pre-ordered. Probably my first time and last time dealing with ALO. Just the principle of it. I think it is patently dishonest. I am returning mine when I get it.

images

May 5, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #470 of 9,829
Hi Guys, need assistance and maybe too early to throw this question here.....Just bought LPG a few days back and currently have DITA audio answer edition....

Was contemplating of getting NOVA to pair with my LPG....

Question: Anyone has experience with both or think getting NOVA would be like a side move/upgrade or downgrade from DITA 'answer edition'?

thanks

May 5, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #471 of 9,829
Hi Guys, need assistance and maybe too early to throw this question here.....Just bought LPG a few days back and currently have DITA audio answer edition....

Question: Anyone has experience with both or think getting NOVA would be like a side move/upgrade or downgrade from DITA 'answer edition'?

thanks

To be honest they're very different Flavours. It's hard to compare, the answer has a little more of a reference tuning in my opinion. Very accurate and revealing. The nova prototype I heard was more forgiving, and it was going for a more musical, slightly mid centric presentation.

Bear in mind though it was further improved.

May 5, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #472 of 9,829
Thanks for the quick response I had the similar feeling but you have confirmed it now.

Its basically going all in or nothing! So Jupiter or Andromeda would be a better upgrade.

Quote:

thanks

To be honest they're very different Flavours. It's hard to compare, the answer has a little more of a reference tuning in my opinion. Very accurate and revealing. The nova prototype I heard was more forgiving, and it was going for a more musical, slightly mid centric presentation.

Bear in mind though it was further improved.

May 5, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #473 of 9,829

As a fellow Dita user, with pretty picky requirements for sound (I want a really clean, clean edged sound, with a narrow range of signatures), I can assure you that you will like the andromeda :)

May 5, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #474 of 9,829
I have no idea what Ken did to these poor little aliens, though I consider 9 hours of machining time to be quite a torture.  After some negotiation and a promise of a matching eartips they finally showed their faces
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #475 of 9,829
Twister6 is on the scene! Are you planning on doing a review of the Andromeda's? If so, I know I'll be looking forward to reading it

May 5, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #476 of 9,829
  Twister6 is on the scene! Are you planning on doing a review of the Andromeda's? If so, I know I'll be looking forward to reading it

No, just gonna torture you guys with pretty pictures
tongue.gif
  Of course, review to follow
wink.gif

May 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #477 of 9,829

No, just gonna torture you guys with pretty pictures
tongue.gif
  Of course, review to follow
wink.gif

SWEET! Is this your first CA IEM? Can't keep track of all your reviews, though I do enjoy seeing your name pop up whenever there's something new to be reviewed.

May 5, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #479 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back