Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 1, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #376 of 9,829
Some new press on the CA's

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/05/burning-up-in-tokyo-with-campfire-audios-andromeda-nova/

Notable quote from Darko, 

"Early signs then of this being the universal IEM to beat at the thousand dollar marker."

May 1, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #377 of 9,829
  What in the world? Seriously?  Did he think it was a soccer match or something. Who streaks a headphone expo, lol

From what I understand, streaking _began_ at headphone festivals. Before all the race queens showed up, there needed to be a 'who's more manly' contest. Today it's just gigantic lenses and flashes; conversely, it is the tiniest mirrorless camera you can lug and the largest portable audio rig. 

And in the middle of all of that, Mr. Miyanagi slipped like a buttered pig through the race queens handing out flyers and straight at the Mixwave table. It was epic.

May 1, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #378 of 9,829
From what I understand, streaking _began_ at headphone festivals. Before all the race queens showed up, there needed to be a 'who's more manly' contest. Today it's just gigantic lenses and flashes; conversely, it is the tiniest mirrorless camera you can lug and the largest portable audio rig. 

And in the middle of all of that, Mr. Miyanagi slipped like a buttered pig through the race queens handing out flyers and straight at the Mixwave table. It was epic.

Nathan you are clearly one of those with the lenses and flashes... We need to man up :p

May 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #381 of 9,829
The NOVA as seen at the Tokyo Fujya Avic Headphone Show.

On the NOVA.

It takes a while to get settled after these headphone shows... (plus the wifes away for a few days and I am busy with childcare duties).

I would describe the sound as fairly even, even laid back at times on quiet tracks.

It has a fast response as the other Campfires IEMs I have tried.

The NOVA is clear, smooth, well controlled and even.

There didn`t seem to be any issues of fatigue and they were balanced overall with no emphasis on lows, mids or highs.
less coloring than the Jupiter and Andromeda, perhaps even no coloring at all.

Reminded me a bit of the DITAs.

*Keep in mind I only listened for a short time.

May 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #382 of 9,829
Nathan you are clearly one of those with the lenses and flashes... We need to man up
tongue.gif

I'm not much of a fasionista. My camera is neither light, nor large. It is a Leica M240. My flash (as my old one broke) is a Nikon SB28, which is rickety, but also not large. I fall into the category of "none of the above".

May 1, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #383 of 9,829
JD on NOVA - " It’s for those who want a thicker, more velvety take on Orion’s ectomorphic purity; and for those want more bass. "

Oh no, does it mean that NOVA will sound somewhat like the SE846!? I want something different to the compressed, unextended highs of the SE846. Always thought the stage is somewhat congested by the lack of extension and sparkle of upper frequencies, and overpowering thick meaty mids to lower frequencies at times. Hows NOVA in terms of treble extension and overall airiness? 

May 2, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #390 of 9,829
  Do I see the color (a touch of gold)  as different from the standard (grey)  Nova in the USA?  This looks definitely yummier.

Indeed, it's a white-balance problem mixed with a reflective and colourful surrounding. The earphones are green.

Those are the NOVA in the photo, a silver/grey.

The other photos are of the Andromeda (green).

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back