Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #305 of 9,829
I am just quietly waiting for my Andromedas. I look forward to my first totl iem from a co. that I admire. After hearing horror stories of poor customer service and no replies to product concerns from a particularly popular iem maker collaboration; I found it prudent to shop for an iem maker based on willingness to engage with the end user first. Be it whether to be praised or admonished. I also like the idea of the iem designer actually having a literal hand in the production of their iems taking the meaning of "handmade" to a platinum standard. I hope I like the tuning of the Andromeda as I favor the sought after non-accentuated natural sound signature. Truth be told I am also curious about the Nova. I like the color scheme of the Nova and after owning the Wizard Savant, which also has a 2 balanced armature implementation, I feel I have an idea of what it might sound like......or maybe not. I think I would also feel more comfortable taking a $500.00 iem around with me over an $1,100.00 iem in general (not that $500.00 is anything to sneeze at by any means to me). I'm selling some of my gear now to potentially buy the Nova too just for the aforementioned reason. I also like that the build of any of the CA iems appear to be rugged yet beautiful.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #306 of 9,829
I am just quietly waiting for my Andromedas. I look forward to my first totl iem from a co. that I admire. After hearing horror stories of poor customer service and no replies to product concerns from a particularly popular iem maker collaboration; I found it prudent to shop for an iem maker based on willingness to engage with the end user first. Be it whether to be praised or admonished. I also like the idea of the iem designer actually having a literal hand in the production of their iems taking the meaning of "handmade" to a platinum standard. I hope I like the tuning of the Andromeda as I favor the sought after non-accentuated natural sound signature. Truth be told I am also curious about the Nova. I like the color scheme of the Nova and after owning the Wizard Savant, which also has a 2 balanced armature implementation, I feel I have an idea of what it might sound like......or maybe not. I think I would also feel more comfortable taking a $500.00 iem around with me over an $1,100.00 iem in general (not that $500.00 is anything to sneeze at by any means to me). I'm selling some of my gear now to potentially buy the Nova too just for the aforementioned reason. I also like that the build of any of the CA iems appear to be rugged yet beautiful.

I'm not sure if you read my previous post about the savants. Basically, the nova prototype I heard was not in any way similar to the savants. That said they were slightly tweaked and have been improved since I heard them. They had a mid centric kind of sound.

The andromeda on the other hand, sounds similar to the savants actually. Similar tuning. But where the savant does well, the andromeda does better. Where the savant leaves some to be desired, the andromeda delivers. You should check out my older post about this :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #307 of 9,829
I'm not sure if you read my previous post about the savants. Basically, the nova prototype I heard was not in any way similar to the savants. That said they were slightly tweaked and have been improved since I heard them. They had a mid centric kind of sound.

The andromeda on the other hand, sounds similar to the savants actually. Similar tuning. But where the savant does well, the andromeda does better. Where the savant leaves some to be desired, the andromeda delivers. You should check out my older post about this
smily_headphones1.gif

That's something to look forward to. Will make sure to do a comparison between the two when I get the chance.
Cheers!

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #309 of 9,829
I'm jonesing to hear these again.

I can't remember exactly how the Andromeda sounded, just remember how impressed I was when listening to them.

Popped them in my ears at Axpona and was like, "boyoyoyoing!"

I'm sure AXPONA's janitorial staff remembers how impressed you were by them, as well. :wink:

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #314 of 9,829
I'm looking at getting my first pair of serious IEMs and I need some input.  I'm looking at the Sennheiser IE80s or the Campfire Audio Orions.  The other option is to preorder the Novas.  I'm lean more towards reference sound.  Thoughts?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back