CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and Impressions) ORION / LYRA / JUPITER / ANDROMEDA
Feb 14, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #31 of 340
The Lyra has arrived and I have just plugged it into my alien....

Yeah, you may have some trouble getting this one back off me :wink:

Jokes.

However REALLY enjoying it straight out of the box.  

I'm glad it arrived safely. Thanks for checking in. Really looking forward to your impressions.

Have fun!

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 340
The Jupiter has also arrived.

We're extremely impressed with:

1.  Leather Carry Case, padded out with wool on the inside.
  2.  The build quality of the housings is amazing, really top notch stuff and super stylish appearance
  3. The fit is also amazing for me using Heir tips, like they were made around my ears!
  4. Cable while a little stiff fits in nicely with the design, great overall package.

More to come on the sound, (but I think its pretty good 
wink.gif
)

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #33 of 340
The Jupiter has also arrived.

We're extremely impressed with:

•  Leather Carry Case, padded out with wool on the inside.
  •  The build quality of the housings is amazing, really top notch stuff and super stylish appearance
  • The fit is also amazing for me using Heir tips, like they were made around my ears!
  • Cable while a little stiff fits in nicely with the design, great overall package.

More to come on the sound, (but I think its pretty good :wink: )

I totally agree with you. Campfire Audio is doing something special in the IEM industry.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #34 of 340
Here's a few shots to highlight the CNC housings build quality of Jupiter.

As you can see the build quality using the CNC technology really shows in folds, everything is 'pin point' precise.

The last photo displays the tips I'm using.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #37 of 340
Some thought on Jupiter after a few hours.

The tonality reminds me a little of Westone (3 or 4) in that the mid-range is natural, smooth, perhaps protected from fatigue using a slight safety veil. There's certainly some warmth contributing around that in the mids, because of this it may take 5-10 minutes to adjust. Areas like timbre are well done, percussion sounds precise piano notes have the right decay (if not a little subdued from the veiled mid-range). Bass has tight texture / isn't overly forward, does a good job of remaining neutral but never lacking as I've heard in some dual BA designs. What's suprising is the treble, it almost takes on its own entity, always well separated and refined from the rest of the frequency range.

Even though the levels of detail aren't up to scratch of my Tralucent 1Plus2 I cannot help keep listening to Jupiter. The build along with the sound signature makes me want to keep listening, the atmosphere around the sound and non-fatiguing nature keeps them in my ears.

What I like so far in the sound:

1. Timbre
  2. Atmosphere
  3. Well refined treble
  4. Natural bass

What I don't like: (or doesn't fit my personal preference)

1. The mid-range safety veil, too smooth hiding a lot of potential clarity.
  2. Perhaps not quite revealing enough in the upper mid-range. (lacking some push)

I will keep at Jupiter and report back in a few days.

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #38 of 340
My first impressions of the visual presentation only. Had only a chance to listen to them for an hour.

I really LOVE the psychedelic/celestial design of the box. The whole thing is very minimalistic and utilitarian. Carry case is real leather with sheep skin inner padding, something I've not seen before and is a really awesome touch; I bet the Kiwis will love it 
tongue_smile.gif
. The build quality of the earpieces is god tier! The CNC cut edges are precision work and everything is spotless to the micron, just perfection. The cable... oh that cable! It is just something special! Just absolutely beautiful, with the perfect length and selection of colours with the clear, silver and sparkle really make this thing stand out like a star. First impressions here are 11/10. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #40 of 340
I gotta say they are really good looking!

Some of the best build I've seen in an IEM. Reckon even better build than Sony H3 which was a favourite of mine.

Not to mention Jupiter fits my ears like a tailor made suit, no joke.

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #41 of 340
My first impressions of the visual presentation only. Had only a chance to listen to them for an hour.

I really LOVE the psychedelic/celestial design of the box. The whole thing is very minimalistic and utilitarian. Carry case is real leather with sheep skin inner padding, something I've not seen before and is a really awesome touch; I bet the Kiwis will love it :tongue_smile: . The build quality of the earpieces is god tier! The CNC cut edges are precision work and everything is spotless to the micron, just perfection. The cable... oh that cable! It is just something special! Just absolutely beautiful, with the perfect length and selection of colours with the clear, silver and sparkle really make this thing stand out like a star. First impressions here are 11/10. 

Some of the best build I've seen in an IEM. Reckon even better build than Sony H3 which was a favourite of mine.

Not to mention Jupiter fits my ears like a tailor made suit, no joke.

Ken and his team have set a high standard in the design and engineering of these products. You can tell there's so much passion that came with the creation of the IEMS.

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #42 of 340
  Some thought on Jupiter after a few hours.

What I don't like: (or doesn't fit my personal preference)

1. The mid-range safety veil, too smooth hiding a lot of potential clarity.
  2. Perhaps not quite revealing enough in the upper mid-range. (lacking some push)

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/campfire/4.html
Jupiter's upper midrange is recessed as it is shown on its fr graph.

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #43 of 340
Ken and his team have set a high standard in the design and engineering of these products. You can tell there's so much passion that came with the creation of the IEMS.

Indeed they have! The only other IEM that I can think of that come close would be the Senns IE800 which is a ceramic moulding if I'm not mistaken, so I'm very curious how the Lyra fairs.

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #44 of 340
Look what arrived today:

Personally, I really like the sound (on a very quick first listen). Sounds like they could do with a touch more bass, but it could just be the music I happened to have handy. I'll take a good listen tomorrow and report back with more.

Have to say, these are the best packaged, best accessorised and (maybe) best looking IEMs I've ever come across. Just beautiful!

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #45 of 340
  http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/campfire/4.html
Jupiter's upper midrange is recessed as it is shown on its fr graph.

Thank you very much for the link and graph. 

Basically aligns with what I hear exactly with Jupiter. You can see its wonderfully flat along the bass line then that drop into the upper mid-range.

Graph brought over from 6 moons. (hope they don't mind)

For me, we need to reverse that lowered section in the mids, need to "flip it around' the other direction, give it some push.

However as I've stated this is all just for my personal preference zone. I'm not way saying Campfire tuned Jupiter wrong because its a very nice sounding qaud driver, especially for those who want to listen for hours on end fatigue free. Plus the texture of that mid-range is quite addictive, you find it hard to put them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back