Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Nov 1, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #15,256 of 19,143

But it adds sooo much more bass rumble.
It transforms my Sennheiser into a Fostex in terms of lower bass.

If you enjoy it, use it. Most of us want a more neutral sound and don't like to touch the tone controls or loudness, but do what works for you...

I like it for DSOTM to get all 70 heartbeats before the music starts. And if I want to impress people with the dishes rattling...

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #15,257 of 19,143
One of my favorite things about the SX-1980 are the incredibly flexible tone controls. GOOD tone controls are a godsend.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #15,258 of 19,143
One of my favorite things about the SX-1980 are the incredibly flexible tone controls. GOOD tone controls are a godsend.

i had bought a Sansui AU 7700 and the tech said to me that the tone controls are very good ....If you said so also it is a +

smile.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #15,259 of 19,143

Yes - I use those exclusively on the 1250.  Loudness stays off.

Plus I recapped most of the tone control board with film caps - a little crowded but sure sounds nice!

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #15,260 of 19,143

x100

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #15,261 of 19,143
Mostly unkown for those living outside Germany or parts of Europe, Dual CV 6020.  Bought it on a bargain sale at Ebay and didn`t expect that much. Connected this little piece of metal with my Denon DCD 890 and the AKG K 612. Weird combination? Maybe! If it comes to the quality of listening it`s perfect. Not High End, whatever this means, but very pleasant and nothing that makes your ears bleed. Mids and highs are  clear and bass is very low. Didn`t listen to my newer Denon stuff for the last couple of weeks.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #15,262 of 19,143
I brought this monster home today. I'm not sure I will ever buy another amp after this one. @Silent One will understand as has has essentially the same unit.

It was a multi day trip to pick it up, but I brought the wife and made a small vacation out of it. I saw the ad a few months ago and reposted it here as a curiosity. Just a "that's nice but I'll never be that lucky " kind of feeling. It was up for a while so I contacted the owner and the rest is history.
It is fully recapped and super nice. I'm still kinda in a state of disbelief that it is in my living room.
biggrin.gif

A BIG Chug out to ya!
beerchug.gif

Will fully restore mine down the road...

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #15,266 of 19,143

You should be able to hook up your speakers to a modern A/V receiver.  It should have a pos and neg  terminals which your speakers have, ---  even really old speakers have those corresponding terminals?  Not sure what your question is?
I have a Fisher 400 tube receiver that uses the C or Common instead of a neg terminal.  Is that what you asking about?

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #15,268 of 19,143
Sitting here after a hard day listening to Aja on vinyl with my Sansui 9090 and all is good with the world...

It really doesn't get much better than that.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #15,269 of 19,143
A nod to celebrate PhoenixG's recent purchase .::  ::.

The little 
tongue_smile.gif
 sibling seen in the wild Monday night at the Redondo Beach Public Library.

Patrons inside the library were speaking in hushed tones, so I politely jacked Phono 1.
Two hours later, I arrived for a session @ SBUX. Out came the 4-pin xlr adapter for the
modded HE-6. I tapped the speaker outputs and cranked up the volume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back