C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
May 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,086 of 3,421
Any chance this thread can get back to just the amp impressions please? Interconnect cable fighting... go to the sound science forum.

USB interference, yes I witnessed that whilst doing both. With the long battery life there is no need to have it plugged in whilst using, it isn`t a DAC.

Regarding config in earlier posts, my preference is in my sig but a little insight:
Out 1 - for both my iems and my Momentums.
Gain - although everything is easy to drive and "in principle" there is no need for high gain, use it, sounds far better with the downside of little volume adjustment. It gives the whole sound energy. Try it for yourself, low gain, wind it up to volume of choice.....
High gain, not a lot of winding but it is clear the energy in sound is chalk and cheese. Although iems are sensitive I do believe they still need to be driven, low gain on "this" amp doesn`t cut it "for me"

Soo, for me to summarise:
High gain
Output 1
LF ON - iems
LF/SF - Sennheiser Momentum (Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again). This is the closest I have got to my "High Fidelity" goal so far, freaking amazing.

Stu

May 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2,088 of 3,421
@H20 We should do a poll in this thread about which Output is used the most.

I'll start by saying that Output 2 with just the LF switch on is perfect for most of my IEMs/HPs.

Sure, I use: Output1 / low gain / LF switch on.

Don't care much for the SF switch personally.

May 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2,089 of 3,421
Has anybody paired these with the Sennheiser HD650 before? If so, are the C&C BH adequate for driving the hd650 or would the hd650's sound congested b/c it doesn't get enough power? Thank you!

May 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #2,090 of 3,421
Has anybody paired these with the Sennheiser HD650 before? If so, are the C&C BH adequate for driving the hd650 or would the hd650's sound congested b/c it doesn't get enough power? Thank you!

In the first post below the review there's a list of members impressions. Go through those impressions to grasp an idea on what full-size headphones people are using.

May 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,091 of 3,421
Okay, thanks!
atsmile.gif

May 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #2,092 of 3,421
I'm sorry but I'm new to this whole amp thing but how is it possible you can drive the 600 ohms beyers when the c&c bh amp has a headphone adapter impedance of 8-300 ohms? I was thinking of maybe pairing the c&c bh with the sennheiser hd 650's, any thoughts?
confused_face_2.gif

May 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2,093 of 3,421
Quote:
I'm sorry but I'm new to this whole amp thing but how is it possible you can drive the 600 ohms beyers when the c&c bh amp has a headphone adapter impedance of 8-300 ohms? I was thinking of maybe pairing the c&c bh with the sennheiser hd 650's, any thoughts?
confused_face_2.gif

Well, 8-300 is probably the recommended ohms. 32ohm ipod can drive 50ohm cans sometimes. However, you might want something more powerful to power your beyers. E12 is very powerful, and can drive 600ohms, but I don't know how BH would handle it.

May 28, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #2,095 of 3,421
What the entire ****?

My amp is picking up some sort of signal - possibly tv / radio? This is really weird.

When plugged into my computer using the stock audio cable, if I hold the amp at certain angles, I can hear some sort of tv / radio news broadcast through a lot of static, like when radio stations bleed into each other. This only happens when the audio source is plugged in, if I unplug it the distortion goes away. However, plugging the phones directly into the computer produces no distortion. I am pretty sure the distortion is coming from the amp.

I have tried this with two pairs of cans and it happens with both output ports.

I think the amp is broken, when I play music it is badly distorted. The light is green and i've been charging it for a while, so I think it has a good charge? I did drop the amp once from a height of about 3 feet onto the floor, but I haven't opened it yet to see if anything inside is unseated.

May 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2,096 of 3,421
Quote:
 I did drop the amp once from a height of about 3 feet onto the floor

This might have something to do with that. The signals being picked up is interesting, though, but again, might be because you dropped it. The BH is notorious for picking up EMI, so maybe it can pick up tv/radio signals, uh, if it breaks a little?

May 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,097 of 3,421
Quote:
What the entire ****?

My amp is picking up some sort of signal - possibly tv / radio? This is really weird.

When plugged into my computer using the stock audio cable, if I hold the amp at certain angles, I can hear some sort of tv / radio news broadcast through a lot of static, like when radio stations bleed into each other. This only happens when the audio source is plugged in, if I unplug it the distortion goes away. However, plugging the phones directly into the computer produces no distortion. I am pretty sure the distortion is coming from the amp.

Here where I work at, even my headphones alone, without being connected to anything, sometimes it picks up interference from radio signal. With an amp (E6) plugged in I can listen to the song of the radio 
tongue.gif

So, in my case it is just amplifying the interference it picks, probably in yours too.

May 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #2,099 of 3,421
Quote:

Here where I work at, even my headphones alone, without being connected to anything, sometimes it picks up interference from radio signal. With an amp (E6) plugged in I can listen to the song of the radio 
tongue.gif

So, in my case it is just amplifying the interference it picks, probably in yours too.

Oh crap now the price is gonna go up due to the "Wireless amp feature"
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back