C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
May 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2,057 of 3,421
Okay I will! Thank you for the info!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #2,058 of 3,421
Hi everyone, need some suggestion for the safest configuration for a mini to mini IC.

For now, I'll be using the clip zip with my incoming BH but will upgrade to another player in the near future with something like a C3.  Thus, I'll need some thoughts as to the length and mini jack type (straight or right angled) to be used for now and when I upgrade to another player.

Any thoughts will be appreciated and would like to thank everyone in advance.

May 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,059 of 3,421
Quote:
Oh, don't worry - it's pure nonsense. Just the interconnect hype train in this thread is getting back on track. I'm not the type to bash on cables and the difference they make as IMO they make difference even HDMI ones despite all arguments on head-fi on the contrary. It's just that a 2 inch mini to mini cable is the epitome of diminishing returns. Claims that there's night and day difference, that a custom interconnect cable shouldn't be compared to a fiio one are just for self-justification, so that one can justify spending all this money. In reality, custom mini to mini cables look fancy and are at the length that we want them and are a good conversation starter. Someone will ask me "What is that cable?" and I'll be like "Oh, nothing - just my custom OCC 7n cryo copper interconnect. Oh, I almost forgot look how it has 4 strands instead of 3 like most of the other custom cables. Oh, and look how fancy it's braided." and stuff like that. Does a 2 inch interconnect make a difference -it does. Does my custom cable make my rig sound more than 10 better than a simple cable -  it doesn't. It's like a 10% difference and nothing like some of the claims here. And yeah longer cables make bigger difference. A good headphone cable makes way more sense than shelling out hundreds of dollars for cryo LODs and crystal piccolino LOD nonsense. If you have a lot of extra cash and an expensive rig - yeah, by all means get one to put the finishing touches to your rig but to pay 50 bucks for an interconnect for your 100 bucks DAP and amp expect night and day difference is just wishful thinking.

Kova, you're back.

Yes, I'm glad you're welcoming the 'hype train' back. It's very nice of you.

"epitome of diminishing returns."
Using such harsh words for such a little unreasonable cause?

Although you may argue with the fact that you think that there are no "night and day difference", but really, you should know by now, being the "1000+ Head-Fi'er" you are, that a clearly noticeable difference would be classified under this statement. When I used my custom LOD after transferring from the FiiO L1, which I would classify as a 'stock' cable, sounded much better - cleaner, crisper sound, had an increase in the width of the soundstage, had a more natural and smooth feel, as opposed to the L1, which was more along the lines of a muffled sounding LOD that lacked all that was stated in the custom LOD's description. Something that doesn't have a "night and day difference" might be something like, say, the switch from the the Sony XBA-1's to the XBA-2's - where the difference is barely noticeable and it'd take you a hell of a lot of listening time in silence to find the differences. 

The reason behind when I said it shouldn't be compared with the FiiO LOD is for the same reason you do not compare Apple stock earphones with something like the Blox TM7. There's major differences in which they're off two different leagues. There IS no self-justification there; I was doing the FiiO LODs a favour by not putting anymore dirt on them than they already have.Seriously, if you cannot notice a difference between a FiiO LOD, such as an L1, and a custom LOD, then you, my friend, may have to get your ears checked out as it appears your hearing is flawed. 

"so that all one can justify spending all this money." Well, for starters, I believe it's MY money, not yours, so I do not see how this concerns you. I mean, I'd agree with you if you had said that to me if I had blown my money on a screen-less Tera player, whereas you're picking on people who spend $50 on an interconnect.

Will it make my rig sound 10 times better? No, it will not, and I never said it did, but what it WILL DO, is make my rig sound nicer than it did before at a cost. Like TekeRugburn said, a 10% difference is a very big difference, and so I have no clue what you are talking about.

Might I also add, I am using a $100 player now, but the reason behind me buying this new custom cable is in preparation for the new and upcoming DX50 which I plan to purchase. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure I will notice a difference when switching cables as unlike you, I CAN notice the little differences in sound.

Why I say this?
Remember just a month or two ago, that you, yourself, doubted the great sound quality produced by the C3/BH combo? 
No? Well, I do, and you know for a fact that me, and many others in this thread, agree that the C3/BH combo does sound good. 

OH, I also forget to remind you!

Remember back in February when You got YOUR CUSTOM LOD?

Yeah, me too, mate!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/780#post_9176207

Oh, Look at you! Having a little rave about your custom LOD. If you're after more evidence, just go forward a page or two and back a page or two. Plenty of love for that LOD you love oh so much! 
tongue.gif

May 24, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,060 of 3,421
May 24, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #2,061 of 3,421
LOL, Sky, you're getting it all wrong. My comment is for users without experience with interconnects. People like Leo that have a $30 DAP but because of some of the hype here are starting to consider a $50 mini to mini for such a rig. This should be a rule of thumb for - you shouldn't pay for an interconnect more than 10% of the cost of your entire rig with the headphones. And the remark about diminishing returns is spot-on because such people can invest the money in better source or better amp or better headphones or better cable for their headphones, which will give\ more than a 10% boost to their current setup. Paying 10 timers more and above for a slight improvement is that. Why are you comparing XBA-1 and XBA-2? This would be a good example if the XBA-2 costs 10 times more. And you're still confusing my comment for bashing on the improvement - there is one but the greatest difference is from cheap inferior cables like most Chinese ones coming with some amps and something built a bit better. The same is for HDMI cables - there are inferior ones made very cheaply and that's when you see a difference when you get a more expensive one but I mean like a $10-20 one. And yeah, there are cheap fiio but honestly L9 or just a simple mini to mini L8 are fine - they are shielded, they have oyiade plugs. And don't try to prove a point with ridiculous claims that you hear that you "can" hear some magical difference that I can't - it's hilarious. As far as the C3/BH combo I will never change my mind. The BH makes way more difference with a good source with line-out and not with double amping the C3. Doesn't it bring improvement to the C3 - yes it does but not that several-times-better difference some are claiming. Hell, it's an decent entry-level amp not magic.The C3 isn't the source to make it show its true potential and this combo definitely doesn't have the greatest synergy with a whole bunch of my iems. Even the cheap ELE DAC combined with BH makes a whole lot of difference. Even something like the dx100 won't bring several times better sound to your headphones let alone something like the BH. And that gets me back to interconnects - yeah, custom interconnects are fancy looking, have superior build quality and do sound slightly better but they are the final thing to buy to finish your rig. Because of hype like the one hear you get inexperienced users considering buying a cable that cost almost double what their DAP costs and probably close to what their headphones or iems cost, expecting quite a difference and that is what I'm against. Of course, it's a personal preference and it does make the rig look a lot cooler 
size]
 - I'm just trying to give some common sense and a lesson on diminishing returns here.

May 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,062 of 3,421
Quote:
Remember back in February when You got YOUR CUSTOM LOD?

Yeah, me too, mate!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/780#post_9176207

Oh, Look at you! Having a little rave about your custom LOD. If you're after more evidence, just go forward a page or two and back a page or two. Plenty of love for that LOD you love oh so much! 
tongue.gif

??? Where do you see me bragging about sound quality? I'm bragging about how pretty it is, which is what I already stated that a custom LOD is. And I recommended it in connection to people paying 15 bucks less for non-custom LODs and that they might as well get a custom to add the fancy factor to their rigs and get it exactly as they want it instead of paying almost the same for dangling 10+cm cables affecting the portability of the rig. But I did mention again it's not a magical contraption making big difference unlike what you're trying to make it.

May 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2,063 of 3,421

Quote:
LOL, Sky, you're getting it all wrong. My comment is for users without experience with interconnects. People like Leo that have a $30 DAP but because of some of the hype here are starting to consider a $50 mini to mini for such a rig. This should be a rule of thumb for - you shouldn't pay for an interconnect more than 10% of the cost of your entire rig with the headphones. And the remark about diminishing returns is spot-on because such people can invest the money in better source or better amp or better headphones or better cable for their headphones, which will give\ more than a 10% boost to their current setup. Paying 10 timers more and above for a slight improvement is that. Why are you comparing XBA-1 and XBA-2? This would be a good example if the XBA-2 costs 10 times more. And you're still confusing my comment for bashing on the improvement - there is one but the greatest difference is from cheap inferior cables like most Chinese ones coming with some amps and something built a bit better. The same is for HDMI cables - there are inferior ones made very cheaply and that's when you see a difference when you get a more expensive one but I mean like a $10-20 one. And yeah, there are cheap fiio but honestly L9 or just a simple mini to mini L8 are fine - they are shielded, they have oyiade plugs. And don't try to prove a point with ridiculous claims that you hear that you "can" hear some magical difference that I can't - it's hilarious. As far as the C3/BH combo I will never change my mind. The BH makes way more difference with a good source with line-out and not with double amping the C3. Doesn't it bring improvement to the C3 - yes it does but not that several-times-better difference some are claiming. Hell, it's an decent entry-level amp not magic.The C3 isn't the source to make it show its true potential and this combo definitely doesn't have the greatest synergy with a whole bunch of my iems. Even the cheap ELE DAC combined with BH makes a whole lot of difference. Even something like the dx100 won't bring several times better sound to your headphones let alone something like the BH. And that gets me back to interconnects - yeah, custom interconnects are fancy looking, have superior build quality and do sound slightly better but they are the final thing to buy to finish your rig. Because of hype like the one hear you get inexperienced users considering buying a cable that cost almost double what their DAP costs and probably close to what their headphones or iems cost, expecting quite a difference and that is what I'm against. Of course, it's a personal preference and it does make the rig look a lot cooler 
size]
 - I'm just trying to give some common sense and a lesson on diminishing returns here.

??? Where do you see me bragging about sound quality? I'm bragging about how pretty it is, which is what I already stated that a custom LOD is. And I recommended it in connection to people paying 15 bucks less for non-custom LODs and that they might as well get a custom to add the fancy factor to their rigs and get it exactly as they want it instead of paying almost the same for dangling 10+cm cables affecting the portability of the rig. But I did mention again it's not a magical contraption making big difference unlike what you're trying to make it.

Oh, Kova.

I was so over myself that I forgot who I was up against, The Great Kova.

I would love to stick around and continue this argument with you, but I really see no point in doing so, as your opinion is always superior to you, and only you, hence probably why half the members around here don't even bother with you anymore. 

Of course, The Great Kova is always right, how could you ever be wrong?

What was I thinking to even consider contradicting you? Silly me!
deadhorse.gif

I guess I'll never be as noble as you to guide lost souls lacking common sense to their final destination, but what can I say?
"I was only just trying to help."

May 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #2,064 of 3,421
^ ^ ^ Geez. Some people are acting like 10-year-old kids. I'm just stating my opinion and not in a single sentence mentioned any superiority to anyone. In fact, you were the one stating he has superior hearing that can hear changes I don't, wasn't it? You can start a separate thread bragging about custom interconnect cables and magical improvements - what I want is not to brag about myself or bash on things but just to inform people about the improvement they'll actually get (or won't if they like me lack your special hearing). It's just wrong overhyping custom interconnects to people who lack experience in this area and will actually believe there is a night and day difference between a cheaper one and a custom one. But do whatever you like - no one's stopping you.

May 24, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #2,065 of 3,421
@H20 We should do a poll in this thread about which Output is used the most.

I'll start by saying that Output 2 with just the LF switch on is perfect for most of my IEMs/HPs.

May 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,066 of 3,421
@H20 We should do a poll in this thread about which Output is used the most.

I'll start by saying that Output 2 with just the LF switch on is perfect for most of my IEMs/HPs.

I'll join by saying Output1 with LF and SF!

May 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #2,069 of 3,421
Quote:
size]

Quote:
Hi everyone, need some suggestion for the safest configuration for a mini to mini IC.

For now, I'll be using the clip zip with my incoming BH but will upgrade to another player in the near future with something like a C3.  Thus, I'll need some thoughts as to the length and mini jack type (straight or right angled) to be used for now and when I upgrade to another player.

Any thoughts will be appreciated and would like to thank everyone in advance.

Hi kova4a, I can agree with your objective views of in regards to rule of thump and diminishing return but you have to mindful of your subjective views when you are quoting someone along with it unless you want to make a personal issue with the said person. It's very clear to me that you have a locked on perception that this Leo guy doesn't have a mind of his own and just following the hype. 

So, what's wrong with the clip zip as a source for now? Subjectively, not good to you but it's good enough for me as at this present moment. It didn't make fools out of so may users out there for the cost of it if you know what I mean. 

You also seem to have a telepathic ability to read my mind that I'm considering to spent $50 for an LOD when all I asked was some suggestion to the configuration of the LOD. Maybe I would but please do not put words into someone's else mouth. This is a very a important thing in life you have to learn as in the real world, will get you into a lot of troubles.

Something like the C3, Read it carefully and anyone who can read can tell that it is not a definite. But, why not for the fun of this hobby and the asking price.Never try, never know and that would applies to the eventual LOD that I will purchase.

It's my own personal perception of things that count and not yours to make.

Just maybe you should know that I do own a number of entry level to flag ship iems (from mid centric, bassy, neutral to treble happy) and headphones (open and close, on ear and over ear) including a custom along with a couple of reasonable quality daps in my possession. I think it's clear now that your objective views are quite in line with what I'm doing now and I'm just taking the next step to enhance my listening experience.

This would be the one and only post I'll be making in response to your unwarranted commend about this Leo guy and would like to thank you for your objective thoughts and contribution which I can draw upon when needed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back