C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Apr 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #1,637 of 3,421
Quote:
yeah. I think all fiio amps have one. I don't get why they won't include one. It's not like it's that costly.

No, they don't. Actually, the E12 is the first fiio portable amp to have one. Most entry-level portable headphone amps don't have a relay but I guess the fiio engineers really though the e12 might need one with all the power it has. The BH is pretty consistent when powered on - there is a sharp sound but it seems to always be with the some power no matter if the amp is on low or high gain and isn't that high in volume for me to bother unplugging and plugging the headphones every time.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,638 of 3,421
Quote:
No, they don't. Actually, the E12 is the first fiio portable amp to have one. Most entry-level portable headphone amps don't have a relay but I guess the fiio engineers really though the e12 might need one with all the power it has. The BH is pretty consistent when powered on - there is a sharp sound but it seems to always be with the some power no matter if the amp is on low or high gain and isn't that high in volume for me to bother unplugging and plugging the headphones every time.

Good to know - thanks. But that was only after burning it in, right? (Kidding - just kidding)

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,639 of 3,421
yes, when BH fires up there is a loud pop similar to the one a supersonic jet produces when gong beyond the sonic speed :-D

Seriously, the sound pop is not loud at all and will be tolerable for many... i would be worried only if this sound is destructive to your ears or Iems but so far i have not seen any evidence to that.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,640 of 3,421
anyone with the BH and Sansa Fuze do me a favor?  take a picture with them stacked with the line out showing of the fuze and the ins and outs of the BH.  Then a second pic but with the bh flipped upside down (whatever side the the volume was on is now on the opposite side when flipped).  Tried finding that angle in a picture but cant.  Just wanna know how short/long i need to make a LOD for the fuze. 

TIA

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,641 of 3,421
Quote:
Yeah, well head-fiers say a lot of stuff, some of which turns into urban myth.

Maybe it is possible, but it doesn't seem that loud on my R-50s (110 db sensitivity) that it should damage the IEMs. Unless you hear it from an audio engineer who understands amplifier design and speaker/headphone design, I wouldn't treat as fact.

Not saying one couldn't be better safe than sorry because it is easier in many circumstances to turn off the source first. But don't start a new myth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, to put it in short, I think it's just the safer way to do things if you could just turn the amp on before inserting your IEM jack. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Myth or not, it seems like the safer way to do it anyways haha That loud pop may be worrying for those with sensitive ears too! Unless of course, you've worn down your hearing, that is!

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,642 of 3,421
anyone with the BH and Sansa Fuze do me a favor?  take a picture with them stacked with the line out showing of the fuze and the ins and outs of the BH.  Then a second pic but with the bh flipped upside down (whatever side the the volume was on is now on the opposite side when flipped).  Tried finding that angle in a picture but cant.  Just wanna know how short/long i need to make a LOD for the fuze. 

TIA

I do not have the fuze on hand anymore but I have this picture from months ago, if you haven't already seen it.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,643 of 3,421
Well, to put it in short, I think it's just the safer way to do things if you could just turn the amp on before inserting your IEM jack. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Myth or not, it seems like the safer way to do it anyways haha That loud pop may be worrying for those with sensitive ears too! Unless of course, you've worn down your hearing, that is!
Yeah but don't most amps make a nasty sound as your plugging the jack into them while they're running?

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,645 of 3,421
yeah ive seen that pic... but i need to see the angle that i described in my post above.  trying to make a LOD for the fuze and i want it to have a short of a cable as possible. so thats why i need to see thems stacked with the dock line out for the fuze and the in and outs of the bh.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,646 of 3,421
Dude that looks good, even in public it would probably intrigue people

Yes, they fitted well together.

yeah ive seen that pic... but i need to see the angle that i described in my post above.  trying to make a LOD for the fuze and i want it to have a short of a cable as possible. so thats why i need to see thems stacked with the dock line out for the fuze and the in and outs of the bh.

I went through my camera, this is the only other one I have, that wasn't on the computer.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,647 of 3,421
Quote:
Yeah but don't most amps make a nasty sound as your plugging the jack into them while they're running?

Nope, have yet to experience that:) It may make a very short and quiet hiss/static noise, but that is much less harmful than what a BH when turning on, can do.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,648 of 3,421
Quote:
Yes, they fitted well together.
I went through my camera, this is the only other one I have, that wasn't on the computer.

perfect man...thats what i needed!  

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,649 of 3,421
Well, that's not a myth. Actually, there are a bunch of amps that come with such warnings and recommendations by the manufacturer. And actually  ClieOS was on board with that practice of turning your amp first and recommended it to people here, so it isn't some random urban legend made up recently like some of the other stuff that's been gathering blind followers lately like those 300 hours of burn-in for iems and other magical stuff that comes out of the backside of a unicorn.

Good to know. It still seems it would depend on how loud the pop is as to whether or not it would damage the headphones. It just doesn't seem that loud to me with the R-50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back